Need hlp with macro

Hello everyone. I would really appreciate if somebody can help me with my macro problem.
    Ok, so the problem is next: I play in arena with warrior and paladin as priest, and paladin has a name that i can't
    type in macro coz of some french letters in it. So i need a macro that will allow me to dispel him and that will target him by his party number or raid number. Here i'll post a macro that i'm currently using:
    #showtooltip Dispel Magic
    /cast [target=(warrior's name that i can type and works fine),modifier:shift] Dispel Magic
    /cast [target=(name of paladin that i can't type here),nomodifier] Dispel Magic

P.S. just in case if someone got smart ideas:
    1. Plz don't offer me to put focus on paladin coz it's used for other stuff by me.
    2. Don't suggest me to use prat addon to copy his name into macro coz i tried it alrdy.
    3. Don't suggest to copy this letters that i can't type from windows fonts into game macro coz i tried it also and din't work.
    4. also tried /target raidmember 1(2,3) macro - doesn't work.

Rly expect some hlp coz it's rly bugs me in arena, and on our current 2k raiting 2 sec delay with dispel can be gg ;p

Re: Need hlp with macro

If raid fails try party

/cast [target=party2] <spell>

Not sure about the special letter ... you could try to find the code for
    it and use it ... but no clue if this works.

Lettercodes are two numbers like the stuff I use for german locale:
    -- ö \195\182 ß \195\159
    -- ü \195\188 ä \195\164
    -- Ä \195\132
    -- ö \195\182
    -- Ü \195\156

more of this unicode letters are listed here
    http://www.utf8-chartable.de/unicode...mes=-&utf8=dec
    --
    The cataclysm broke the world ... and the pandas could not fix it!

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

try this:
    Code:
    /cast [mod:shift,target=warriorsname] Dispel Magic; [nomod,target=paladinsname] Dispel Magic
    I'm not an expert with macros, but that SHOULD work.

Focus macro's should be used for people with hopeless names... whatever you use Focus for, just use [target=your name] instead...its just as good...

Rly you ask for help and limit yourself out of all effective solutions..try being creative..sheeesh

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

Wysmark, not helpful. What he wants can be done without using focus. He just hasn't gotten it right, and I don't know macros well enough to know if the one I posted will help. If perera posted something, i know that would work. He's damn good with them. :>

I'm not sure I understand what you want, but if I understood you correctly you want a macro that would dispel the second guy on your group (counting you are the first), but dispel the third guy in your group if you press a modifier ? Also, no pressure at all Taryble

#showtooltip Dispel Magic
    /cast [mod:shift,target=party2][target=party1]Dispel Magic

I'm not sure whether it's a party or raid member you have to target because I don't really play arenas, but if it was a raid you would still have a party inside that raid so it should work just the same. If you want a macro to dispel the second guy in your group only if he is that paladin, I believe it won't be possible as macros can't check for a class and decide wether to cast based on it. And from what I read, party1 is usually the party leader, so you should count party members from what would be displayed on his screen, skipping yourself as you can't be target with party#, it goes from 1 to 4... To target yourself you would use target=player.

Also, if it doesn't work let us know, Rilgana had pretty much said the same thing.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

I think arenas use "arena1, arena2, arenaX" for their units, but I'm not sure - those might be for opponents.

And, yeah, no pressure. *grin*

I checked it just now, and arenaX really is for opponents: http://www.wowwiki.com/UnitId

Sry for not answering earlier, had no time to test macro before (didn't play arena)
    Macro with "party2" works fine.
    Tnx alot everyone for hlp and answers

Cheers!