Tier 9 and Triumph numbercrunching?

Looking for some insight on what gear to get from the Triumph badges.

T 9.5 is currently out of the question as we are slowly gnawing our ways through wipe after wipe on hardmodes

T 9.25 is where it is at: Decent droprates of trophies....but is getting 5 setpieces of T 9.25 really the non-plus-ultra? There are a few non-set items for badges that look really juicy, like

Hood of Smoldering Aftermath and Mantle of Revered Mortality that just seem to be beating out the set pieces. So I am wondering if anybody has any ideas already what they will be buying first?

Or maybe you have a link to a discussion or topic that looks at the pro's and cons of triumph sets vs non-set pieces.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

Re: Tier 9 and Triumph numbercrunching?

Im like doing toc25 every week, sometimes HC with it. Sparing the badges, in hope to, when i get a trophy buy some nice tier 9(.25).

As long i dont have trophys, i cba buying t9.0 since most t8.5 > t9.0 imo. The t9 set4 bonus tho, is awsum tbh. More dmg with immo = more dmg with conflig.

So for now, this counts for me; im savin my badges for trophys.

I already bought the hood of smoldering aftermath and the ring. T9 gloves and legs are worth breaking t8 4 piece for. So far two piece tier 9 is only worth having...but preliminary numbers show there are better in slot items than t4 bonus.

If you want 4pc, get all but chest
    If you want 2pc, get legs and gloves

I have bought the legs and won a pair of gloves from a drop. I'll probably do shoulders next and get the rest from non-set.

I need a god damned trinket to drop.

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin
    If you want 4pc, get all but chest
    If you want 2pc, get legs and gloves
    To be honest, 4pc minus chest is really well itemized and I don't see a reason to not go with 4pc9.

the head and shoulder badge armour is nice, except there seems to be so many HIT items in t9 level, and so many bad trinkets with like 4% hit on them too

i'd maybe go with the hood of smoldering flame, because the haste on it is better than the crit on the shoulders and you don't need the hit on the shoulders once you have a few other pieces, and just get 4pc bonus from the t9 sets.

Destro should not go 4p, only affliction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    Did you read how US is trying to destabilize pacific (china-jap) area too? They are sending warships down there. We might be seeing a new military force being created out of those two nations that will counter NATO (with EASE)

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis
    Destro should not go 4p, only affliction.
    Exactly

could you explain why Destruction Warlocks shouldn't go for the 4pc bonus?

surely if you're improved soul leech spec, and have glyph of immolate then the set bonus is good?

Sure the reason for not going for tier 9 4pc atm...is there is better in slot gear that you can get. So far there is only 3 tier 9 items that are best in slot...those tier 9 are actually tier 9.5 which require emblems and the mark that drops in 25man. Go to maxdps.com...max out the hit...it will give a list of items of best dps. They are fairly accurate. In addition tier 9 4pc is same as tier 8 two piece.