Thread: Weapon skill?

Weapon skill?

Might seem like a basic question, but I haven't had any luck finding an answer on here.

As a feral druid, will I need to keep my weapon skills up to date to avoid missing, etc? As in, will I need to run around out of feral form and whack stuff with my 2H mace every level?

Any help is appreciated.

Re: Weapon skill?

nope. feral attacks are based off you having max weapon skill for your level, regardless of what skill you possess with the weapon equipped.

my 80 druid has a skill of 1 in polearms, as an example :P

they really need to get rid of weapon skill. sucks pretty hard that i did 190 dps in ulduar gear because i got a new weapon

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdome
    they really need to get rid of weapon skill. sucks pretty hard that i did 190 dps in ulduar gear because i got a new weapon
    Or with a little foresight you can go train your weapon skills in-between raids and whatnot.

they really need to get rid of weapon skill. I suck pretty hard that i did 190 dps in ulduar gear
    Fixt for teh funnies

Awesome, thanks a bunch for the quick answer.

Idiot. Would it kill you to hold off on using your new weapon until after the raid? I mean, did you even have the mats to enchant it, 'cause without an enchant that's pretty damn ghetto. Besides, it's your own fault for not leveling up the skill earlier. You fail.
    I'm sorry, but i just have to tell you that you are an ignorant, closed minded fool, and you need to chill out, think more, and quit being such a douche. Your responses are shrill, closed minded, and ignorant. You need to think outside the box sometimes, and realize its blizzards game and you are not ghostcrawler.

15+ Year Old Account

Your weapon skill maxes when you shift into a form. Check it out. Otherwise your crit would be lower until your skills increased.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Blizzard give druid something for max weapon skill.

I keep on answering question how can a druid max out their weapon skill for an Achievements while in their form.

I tell them that they should do mace, two handed mace, staff, dagger, and pole-arm before doing unarmed.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account

yeah my staff skill was at 0 until I hit 80. now im at 385 i think, purely from running DTK over and over...

thought i knew the answer but nice to be sure......
    http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z49/rchmarkert_2007/Signatures/cpt.jpg

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by rated
    yeah my staff skill was at 0 until I hit 80. now im at 385 i think, purely from running DTK over and over...
    You don't get weapon skill gains while in forms nor do you need them. They are automatically maxed out when using a form.

If you happen to shift out while auto-attacking you'll notice you get a skill gain sometimes as my polearm skill in 78 yet I have no problem
    pulling in great dps. So don't waste your time raising these skills unless you're going for an achievement...if so find the fastest weapon you
    can and pop in a movie!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

i loled...........

how bout use ur older weapon for boss fights and your new one for trash for leveling.....

using your head= /win

Quote Originally Posted by Cpttrips
    thought i knew the answer but nice to be sure......
    Just so you know... I can do your little achievement every day.

Don't whine about weaponskill damnit.

1. Go to Dire Maul North.
    2. get your way to the arena where the king is.
    3. get naked, equip a weapon you want to train weaponskill for (for some strange reason you still lose dura).
    4. Autoattack and watch tv/fap/eat dinner (for ones)/whatever.
    5. ???.
    6. Profit.

Easiest 10 achi points out there.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by D44N
    for some strange reason you still lose dura
    • There is a small chance with each hit by your weapon that it will lose 1 durability point.
    • There is a small chance with each spell cast that you will lose 1 durability point to your weapon.
    • There is a small chance with each hit absorbed by your armor that it will lose 1 durability point.
    I'm sorry, but i just have to tell you that you are an ignorant, closed minded fool, and you need to chill out, think more, and quit being such a douche. Your responses are shrill, closed minded, and ignorant. You need to think outside the box sometimes, and realize its blizzards game and you are not ghostcrawler.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by D44N
    1. Go to Dire Maul North.
    The spirits in there don't work anymore -- they've disabled weapon skillups.

But instead, try the treants right below Dalaran (Grove Walkers) -- they are pretty weak and start healing themselves below 50%, perfect for weapon skills.