Poll: What size raid is more fun? [Do not take gear into consideration]

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: What size raid is more fun?

i find it strange how everyone pays so much focus on 25 man raids these days when i gather the general consensus (at least on the mmo-champ forums) is that 10 mans are more fun. Now, i'm in a guild that only does 10 mans (bar pugs), and i love it. I've done the 25man raid thing, and i must admit i never actually did 40man raids, but having done both serious 25 progression, serious 10 progression and silly 10 mans in 25 gear, i much prefer the atmosphere of serious 10 man runs. I can understand why people in 25man guilds say 10's are rediculously easymode and faceroll, because i've been there and done all that, but what i don't understand is why they belittle people who are trying to do 10mans seriously, with gear that's available to them. Yeah sure, even now there is 25man gear available with badges, but them select pieces aren't going to make the hard stuff faceroll.

Anyway, i just sensed i started a rant when that wasn't my initial intention... What i was trying to say was, don't mock 10man progression when you're in 25man gear, it's like all the people who say naxx was incredibly easy and faceroll, and how bored they were waiting for ulduar... yet, they actual percentage of guilds that have Plagued Proto-drakes, let alone Black Proto-drakes is rediculous. Grrr... another rant...

I voted 10 mans cos they are awesome sauce and still provide a decent challenge for people who focus on them.
    There is no Arthas, only Ner'zhul.

I prefer1 0 man too. Each player's skill and personality becomes more of a unique individual instead of a random stranger.

40 man raids had it's charms... It was quite awesome seeing that many people ranging up against one boss.... And then still wiping ^^

25 man raids... I loved them in TBC but I really have the impression that people's dedication/focus has changed a lot on my server with wotlk. And since some bosses are a bit more prone to one screw up that can mess up the raid it can kill the joy when one of those less focussed people screw up somewhere. Still, I've had some epic 25 man raids and still love to do them. Though this could possibly because I'm one of those rare people who likes to get to know everyone. For instance I enjoy whispering random questions to our hunter who NEVER talks in gchat or raid just to see how he reacts.

However 10 man takes the prize. But that might because we have a very close knit group of people running regularely 10 man HMs.

10 man, its more laid back and people are more friendly.

25man tbh, as 40 man is no longer available. 10 mans present very little challenge, unless u suck or pug that is, but then they are frustrating.

for wow its def 10 man fave , ofc the loot drops in 25 so thats where i go

but its different for the game, wow is soo easy and im not qq'ing about raid difficulty here i mean to level gear etc the whole thing, it makes people and guilds very disposable.

back in my old EQ raids we used around 30 people for most things and that was by far and away the most enjoyable raiding of my mmo career to date, you were just so forced into interdependence there was a real mutual need if you were to succeed. and tho not all of that 30 and me were great mates we did fight extremely well together , 30 odd people moving as a well oiled machine, no voice chat back then , no add ons, just years of practice and experience playing together day after day.. ahh nostalgia the heroin for old people

[SoT] Iumanu