Shift in and out for cat form?

Hmm, noob question here, I think to remember something about a macro, enabling feral druids to quickly shift out of cat/bear form, and reentering that form (so that pts spent in Furor would give instant energy/rage back) but I cannot find it anywhere, and I've tried to do it like this:

/cancelform
    /cast Cat Form

It works when I'm NOT in combat, doesn't when I'm in combat... Hmm, is it still possible to do this, and if so, how would I do it?

thanks

Re: Shift in and out for cat form?

/cast [stance:1] !Dire Bear Form
    /cast [stance:2] !Aquatic Form
    /cast [stance:3] !Cat Form
    /cast [stance:4] !Travel Form

wouldn't do you any good in cat form. you get to *keep* up to XX energy, not instantly generate it. you'd have the same amount of energy you did when you left cat form.

it would work for bear form and rage, but i can't imagine actually taking the chance on that when i generally have more rage than i know what to do with.

Well, I'm still leveling mainly as cat, so it's primarly for cat form (as the title suggests). :-\

Gah, I miss powershifting in Hyjal/BT

They changed the talent so you can't do that anymore, you only retain the energy, not generate energy, when you shift into cat form. While it does generate rage in bear form it's not worth the cost of shifting to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by sicness
    They changed the talent so you can't do that anymore, you only retain the energy, not generate energy, when you shift into cat form. While it does generate rage in bear form it's not worth the cost of shifting to do so.
    yea op. L2read

Quote Originally Posted by sicness
    Thank you very much for that clear answer.

10+ Year Old Account

ye, powershifting to get energy in cat doesnt work since 3.0

It works while leveling, if you get the Wolfshead Helm

Quote Originally Posted by Xs
    Wolfshead Helm cute

Quote Originally Posted by Skrototem
    /cast [stance:1] !Dire Bear Form
    /cast [stance:2] !Aquatic Form
    /cast [stance:3] !Cat Form
    /cast [stance:4] !Travel Form
    This does however work on bear furor though, aswell as powershifting out of snares/slows in pvp.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Xs
    Didn't remember that one, but... no one that is actually leveling wastes time getting that, or any "created" item, or any instance drop... that's just a wast of time and money, if you are actually leveling you'll get rid of it and trade it for some quest reward before you even notice.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by M4xC4v413r4
    Didn't remember that one, but... no one that is actually leveling wastes time getting that, or any "created" item, or any instance drop... that's just a wast of time and money, if you are actually leveling you'll get rid of it and trade it for some quest reward before you even notice.
    You underestimate how valuable 20 energy is -- it scales perfectly with your other gear.

There were some druids using it creatively for dps in top end Sunwell gear.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine
    You underestimate how valuable 20 energy is -- it scales perfectly with your other gear.

There were some druids using it creatively for dps in top end Sunwell gear.
    Never heard of that.
    20 energy is half mangle or 1/3 shred, i don't think it's worth the loss of stats of any "top end" head and the loss of dps that represents. But in sunwell, powershifting still existed, so that meant 60 energy instead of the normal 40, now, that's worth the loss of stats because that's a free shred, and if the powershift is done right you even get an extra 20 by timing the energy tick, so in each powershift you would get 60 instant and depending on the timing, maby 20 more, with those 20 more in most shreds you could do another shred, and with the mana coming from shaman/spriests, you could do that for a long time. That's the only reason they might have used it, because if powershifting didn't exist anymore at that time, they wouldn't.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Skrototem
    This does however work on bear furor though, aswell as powershifting out of snares/slows in pvp.
    idd since all good ferals only have 3/5 forur i sometimes have to the clikc the macro 3 time after shiftin into bear before i finely get my 10 rage ^^

and in pvp or a bit in pve aswel u can shift out of snanes
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE