New to DW-Frost, help me choose between these 3 epic weapons

Aledar's Battlestar x2, or Aledar's and Remorse sword. I've always heard that slow/slow was better, however would the slow/fast combo be better in this case because of the higher dps weapon? Let me know

Re: New to DW-Frost, help me choose between these 3 epic weapons

Quote Originally Posted by Juster
    Aledar's Battlestar x2, or Aledar's and Remorse sword. I've always heard that slow/slow was better, however would the slow/fast combo be better in this case because of the higher dps weapon? Let me know
    Honestly I would go for the 2 maces, only because with the talent in the frost tree http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=66192 you would be doing more damage since 3 out of your 4 moves would be hitting with your offhand you would in turn be doing more damage.

No

the idea is that ToT is based off weapon damage then it is still behind the mace

Use both maces

in your situation if you would get a fast weapon with high enough damage (not dps) to be better you should put that in main hand and your mace in off hand

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

mace x 2... a fast weapon will never be better unless it is more than 2 tiers better than the one you have currently.... and currently that weapon does not exist.
    Warrior: Darkmourn - US Cenarius
    Shaman: Darkshocks - US Cenarius
    Rogue: Darkmorn - US Cenarius

Quote Originally Posted by bpcatt1
    mace x 2... a fast weapon will never be better unless it is more than 2 tiers better than the one you have currently.... and currently that weapon does not exist.

that isn't a universal rule but against your comment....

cuz naxx>>>>> TOC isn't 2 teirs???? >.<

also

as an example

if your using

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40189

in your main hand

and

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=41186

in your off hand

although it is fail results i had to use it because of this situation

if you got http://www.wowhead.com/?item=48435 as an upgrade

then you should drop the blue and put that as your off hand

reason being is the upgrade has higher damage than the other dispite being slow speed

Speed doesn't really matter a whole lot. Weapon damage is king. People generally just say to use slow/slow because most, if not all, of the weapons you will get as upgrades for weapon damage will be slow ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura
    So 10 posts and no definitive answer...

TO ELITEST JERKS!
    Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    People really will find anything to complain about. Too bad I don't care because I quit the game because they made the hunter class color lime green and I think it would be SO much better had it been a grass-colored green.

This question is being asked often, so just to say it once and for all, don't ever use fast weapons for DW Frost. Even if you have colosseum weapons with 1.6 speed, ilvl 200 blue weapons with 2.6 speed will give you more DPS. The reason for that is because DW Frost has OB as main damage ability and so you want to use slow weapons in both hands for OB to hit harder. Unless your 1.6 weapon has 100 DPS more than your 2.6 weapon you should just give it a spot in your bank.

Basically this, taken from Ensidia's guide which can be seen at

http://www.ensidia.com/home/guides/d...-dps-guide-32/

Can be backed up in more detail after 5 minutes of searching through the EJ forums not doign all your homework ;(,

Quote Originally Posted by killarth

that isn't a universal rule but against your comment....

cuz naxx>>>>> TOC isn't 2 teirs???? >.<
    It isn't 2 tiers its more like 3+ at least. I believe the current testing is against a ilvl 258 epic and a ilvl 200 blue with the ilvl 258 purple only beating out in certain situations.

Quote Originally Posted by fabian
    It isn't 2 tiers its more like 3+ at least. I believe the current testing is against a ilvl 258 epic and a ilvl 200 blue with the ilvl 258 purple only beating out in certain situations.
    i know the guy i was talking about said 2 teirs....