Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Okay, I've hit a wall (DPS)

Quote Originally Posted by Kenjy
    maybe im being blind, but i could only see one blue gem on your gear, being that u need 2 for you meta gem.

Or maybe you should learn the difference between the chaotic skyflare diamond and the relentless skyflare diamond

I would suggest putting 2 points in booming voice. Less gcds wasted for shouting

I would say that you should ignore demo shout. it aint worth it. also the 5 you got in fury talents in "waste" talents. put them in booming voice and fill up commanding presence. that will leave you 1 talent spare that you can do with what you want. keep thunder clap up instead as it is more worth it unless there is someone els that is reducing attack speed.

next to that then as arms warrior you should go for 25% crit before talents = 35% crit after. all crit you got after that you could use as AP instead for more damage.

SO:
    remove your talents in demo shout and put them in booming voice and commanding presence. that should give you less GC to waste in fights =)
    dont use demo shout. use thunder clap. it helps the raid (tanks and healers) more.
    lose up 5% crit for AP somewhere.

Debuffing is easier as fury.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

A few changes I would try staying Arms:

*) Put 2 points in Booming Voice.
    *) Change you rotation a bit so that you minimize Slam usage while maximizing c/d usage. What I mean is you should prioritize MS usage when OP is up and time to expire < (4.5+lag). This will allow using more MS and less Slam while still taking advantage of SD/OP procs. Also, you don't prioritize MS over Sunder if you are in charge of stacking Sunders. If you don't care about raid dps (which you should) then use SD>OP>Sunder>... Really, you should stack 5 sunders first and keep it up for a minor personal DPS loss, but a bigger raid DPS gain.

It looks like you're missing your special usage from the log. Your white damage is your number 1 source of damage as Arms? It can't be right... Both your OP and DW should be up there.

You could try Fury for a little bit more relaxing way of keeping those debuffs up, however, in personal experience I lose about 500-1K DPS going that Route. My gear is similar to yours, but I using gear to passive ArP cap (94% atm), since I can't get the damn trinkets to drop.

So much bad advice.
    If you ppl would check his logs that he posted. He does 6.4k dps on a single target boss. This is good dps for arms, especially while sundering/demo shout.

As someone said if you are the debuff bitch, then you should be fury. Arms and debuffing sucks.

Sunders increases my dps alone by more than 10%, do the math yourself.

150 hit rating is for Fury, with precision.
    Edit, I guess its lower 3%, 1% allied, so 4% from gear, 33 *4 = 132hit rating? sweet Jebus.

Imp demo shout is the best AP reduction on the boss in the game atm, lots of hard mode guilds force a warrior to use it. All tanks have some version of TC, most tanks have it talented so your tc won't overwrite theirs anyways. Save your TC usage for thorim/freya/mimi adds.

Check the logs ppl stop giving the guy advice on his rotation and junk, if you cannot run 6.4k dps on a single target while providing debuffs.

On topic:
    I would suggest if you are stuck being arms due to weapons, and required debuffs(trauma, BF). Then you should continue to stack your arp, and go for the 100% passive instead of 100% on proc. Although honestly it doesn't make a big enough difference. Yes, it more deeps, but its not enough compared to how are other classes are scaling in ToC gear.

I am at the same point, I use to consisently be ahead or tied with our fury warrior. Even though he has the superior gear. Lately with the ToC gear now flowing, he has pulled way ahead of me. 1+k dps ahead.
    I am currently 91% passive arp with executioner and will soon be 97% passive(changing the weapon back to zerking), but I don't forsee this making 1k dps boost.

Basically it looks like with the upcoming arp nerf Arms at high gear levels will be dead again. Unless I start seeing parses where arms is doing good again, but lets face it. The leader boards does not lie:
    http://www.wowmeteronline.com/rank/c.../war/8/0/3/320 - 5 Arms warriors in the top 20s out of 9 different fights.................thats it.
    http://www.wowmeteronline.com/rank/c.../war/7/0/3/320 - 19 arms warriors, most from General V, where fury runs interrupts.

Yea, basically shows how Fury is kicking Arm's ass in basically every fight.

Good Luck.

Looking at your logs and your armory, your %'s look fine so your rotation is solid. Your gemming/gear/chants look fine so no worries there.

2 things to look for.

A single wasted GCD will drop your dps by hundreds on a single fight, so wasting GCDs by overspamming HS is the first place I'd look. 6100 while being a debuff machine means this isn't happening often when your sporting a last tier weapon, so I wouldn't feel to bad about that.

The next level, and you could be already doing this, is to time your cds together to maximize your dps. For example, shattering throws during heroism, not bladestorming in heroisms, bladestorming only when your trinkets pop for extra ArP, shattering throws only when trinkets pop during heroisms...etc.

...these are the only things off the top of my head I can think of.
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Guild No Quarter - www.nqguild.org

So, I looked at my power auras, to see when my "High rage" alert was going off - since the only real sound advice has been "Stop HS spamming, you chode!"

Seems that that's been the main problem. I had it set to >= 85, and upped it to >= 95... seemed to help my DPS out quite a bit.

Thanks for the catch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xheoul View Post
    Send that bitch a smiley face...Bitches loooove smilie faces.

Quote Originally Posted by Brummer
    So much bad advice.
    If you ppl would check his logs that he posted. He does 6.4k dps on a single target boss. This is good dps for arms, especially while sundering/demo shout.

As someone said if you are the debuff bitch, then you should be fury. Arms and debuffing sucks.

Sunders increases my dps alone by more than 10%, do the math yourself.

150 hit rating is for Fury, with precision.
    Edit, I guess its lower 3%, 1% allied, so 4% from gear, 33 *4 = 132hit rating? sweet Jebus.

Imp demo shout is the best AP reduction on the boss in the game atm, lots of hard mode guilds force a warrior to use it. All tanks have some version of TC, most tanks have it talented so your tc won't overwrite theirs anyways. Save your TC usage for thorim/freya/mimi adds.

Check the logs ppl stop giving the guy advice on his rotation and junk, if you cannot run 6.4k dps on a single target while providing debuffs.

On topic:
    I would suggest if you are stuck being arms due to weapons, and required debuffs(trauma, BF). Then you should continue to stack your arp, and go for the 100% passive instead of 100% on proc. Although honestly it doesn't make a big enough difference. Yes, it more deeps, but its not enough compared to how are other classes are scaling in ToC gear.

I am at the same point, I use to consisently be ahead or tied with our fury warrior. Even though he has the superior gear. Lately with the ToC gear now flowing, he has pulled way ahead of me. 1+k dps ahead.
    I am currently 91% passive arp with executioner and will soon be 97% passive(changing the weapon back to zerking), but I don't forsee this making 1k dps boost.

Basically it looks like with the upcoming arp nerf Arms at high gear levels will be dead again. Unless I start seeing parses where arms is doing good again, but lets face it. The leader boards does not lie:
    http://www.wowmeteronline.com/rank/c.../war/8/0/3/320 - 5 Arms warriors in the top 20s out of 9 different fights.................thats it.
    http://www.wowmeteronline.com/rank/c.../war/7/0/3/320 - 19 arms warriors, most from General V, where fury runs interrupts.

Yea, basically shows how Fury is kicking Arm's ass in basically every fight.

Good Luck.
    Great post, dark looking forecast for Arms here, but still, good info. I've been struggling with some of these questions lately as well.

Hi all

Kysmir i think your other responsibilities seriously kill your dps cos you have to add in 3 gcd every 30 secs or so once you hit 5 sunders that is not to mention the havok it plays on your rage management the loss of productive gcd could be the difference tween you and the other guys your compareing yourself with.

V

P.s. fury isnt faceroll....sometimes i use a elbow or even fingers when im up to it.... :P :P

didnt feel like reading beyond the first page but here is my 2cents:

1. yes u would have much better dps as fury
    2. runestone gives 56% arp, try regemming to have only 44% (cant remeber how battle stance plays into this)
    3. on nrb/twins, well, my guild has most physical on the warrior tank's and magic on dk/dru/pally. just how we do it. on beast the warrior is always with the melee so he takes acidmaw after they reimmerge.
    4. you give druids truama, make then give u demo shout.

Hmm to the OP,

Im an undead fury warrior and as Horde fury warrior you need at least 164 hit rating from gear, that makes 5% from gear + 3% from precision. I was talking about fury, you knew that, right?
    And as Alliance you get a free 1% hit rating so that's where i went to 150 hit rating, but even that might be too much, I think Brummer gave the right number.

Who really cares that fury outscales arms. Everyone keeps repeating that every single time.

All your stats are fine. The hit is fine, the expertise is fine. Expertise is of less of a concern for arms because a dodge grants a free overpower. The odd thing here is the % of damage you do with specific abilities. I'm reading mostly the following in your logs:
    1. Melee 20%
    2. Overpower 18%
    3. Execute 13%
    4. Heroic Strike 12%
    5. Mortal Strike 10%
    6. Rend 6.7%
    7. Slam 6.3%
    8. Whirlwind

Now this order is odd. Heroic strike should never be so high as already mentioned. Mortal strike and especially Slam are way too low. The rotation you're doing is odd and it's gimping your dps. Now I won't go into detail I'll just put a rotation here to follow. Keeping up sunders, demo shout, battle shout, whatever should not impact your dps in any way. I do it all the time and still top meters here and there. I'm playing fury but everyone has their preference. There's a small difference in dps between fury and arms. Arms might even do better on the fights without excessive raiddamage to keep the rage flow going.

Rend - mortal strike - slam - slam - mortal strike - slam - slam - mortal strike etc. Refresh rend when it's expiring

That is the basic rotation without procs. I can't remember if it was 2 or 3 slams between mortal strike's but that doesn't really matter. The idea is to use mortal strike every cooldown and only postpone it when there's an overpower or execute proc. Fill the gap between the rest of your attacks with slams. They postpone your melee swing so you get two attacks, slam + white hit in a row. Use an addon to notice the procs. Don't use anything like poweraura's. Being in melee you can hardly even see your character sometimes due to all the flashing. I prefer Classtimer for everything. Use the proc every time it is up. The procs have priority over the basic rotation. Overpower also procs every 6 seconds so it's very easy to predict when the next one will be. So in practise it might turn out to be something like this:

Rend - mortal strike - slam - overpower - mortal strike - slam - execute - overpower - mortal strike - slam - slam

Priority: execute --> overpower --> mortal strike --> slam --> heroic strike --> anything else

Heroic strike is a rage dump. Meaning if you have a full bar you can use an heroic strike to give your melee swing more damage. Your ony rage income is from white attacks. Using an heroic strike means you won't get rage from a swing. Spamming heroic strike in arms makes you rage starved. Heroic strike can account for a few percentage points of dps but certainly not 12%, more like 3-4%.

gl.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Kysimir
    I have power aura's ding and light up my screen when I hit 80 or 90 rage, I forget which I set it to.

I click heroic strike every time that happens.
    Found your problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Moka
    Found your problem.
    You sir are a failure

Something I don't think most people consider when it comes to dps is the fact that it is affected by the dps of the other people in the raid. A whole raid of high dps will result much higher "dps" at the end of a fight because cooldowns have more affect on shorter fights. i.e. If you are in a raid that kills a boss in 3 minutes you'll have higher "dps", then if you did the exact same thing in a raid that killed a boss in 4 minutes.

So when you compare your dps to people in better geared guilds take that into account.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Quote Originally Posted by Moka
    Found your problem.
    That I was heroic striking at 80 rage instead of 95?

Or that I use power auras?

Cuz, yeah - I was HSing too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xheoul View Post
    Send that bitch a smiley face...Bitches loooove smilie faces.

First, I'm making some assumptions that the buffs/debuffs you are responsible for are because nobody else is capable. Personally my guild usually lets the ret pallies worry about AP debuffs, though when I tank I find I have no problem w/ threat and do TC/DS myself, I aslo do commanding shout, the other warrior is a nubb.

There has been alot of good advice, hell I picked up a couple things, but I still see one glaring issue. Change your spec as was recommended to get 10 points in al the tier 1 talents in fury, commanding presence and execute. Next go to arms tree and ditch weapon mastery(all that point is doing is taking away free OPs) and take your 2 new found talent points and put them in TRAUMA! That alone will buff your DPS a bit as well. I see you have the Glyph of command, so really commanding shout shouldn't be an issue as max you should lose is 2 GCD's from it, assuming fight is > 10 minutes (just do commanding shout >45 seconds before start w/ bloodrage and that covers the first 4-5 miutes, refresh = 10.

I do have one question for everybody, when do you use Bladestorm while DPSing? I still don't use it significantly enough and think that it may up mine a smide since I do occasionally have blank spots in my procs where I use slam alot.

Thanks & Good Luck!

Short Answer use BS whenever its up. Its still always an additional weapon damage attack every 1 sec for 6 secs.

As a cardinal rule however, you don't pop it during heroism. I usually time BS directly after a rend, so taht you make the 6 sec timer on OP, and it basically pops right back up.

The best time to pop BS however, is during a damage buff. Such as during god mode on Twin Sisters, or like me who uses Greatness and Death's Verdict...I pop BS whenever both those are active regardless of whats going on.
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Guild No Quarter - www.nqguild.org

Seriously, aside from too many HS, everything is right up there.

Arms as lots of procs (op and execute amongst other) so you need lots of rage for when they all happen at the same time.

But you've already solved that so...

Another thing some1 mentionned earlier... do not compare to other guild, unless your guild has exactly the same guild dps and buffs/debuffs AND you know the specific warrior is forced into the same debuff duty.

The higher the guild dps is, the higher your individual dps will be.