Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Okay, I've hit a wall (DPS)

Quote Originally Posted by Blaede
    First, I'm making some assumptions that the buffs/debuffs you are responsible for are because nobody else is capable. Personally my guild usually lets the ret pallies worry about AP debuffs, though when I tank I find I have no problem w/ threat and do TC/DS myself, I aslo do commanding shout, the other warrior is a nubb.

There has been alot of good advice, hell I picked up a couple things, but I still see one glaring issue. Change your spec as was recommended to get 10 points in al the tier 1 talents in fury, commanding presence and execute. Next go to arms tree and ditch weapon mastery(all that point is doing is taking away free OPs) and take your 2 new found talent points and put them in TRAUMA! That alone will buff your DPS a bit as well. I see you have the Glyph of command, so really commanding shout shouldn't be an issue as max you should lose is 2 GCD's from it, assuming fight is > 10 minutes (just do commanding shout >45 seconds before start w/ bloodrage and that covers the first 4-5 miutes, refresh = 10.

I do have one question for everybody, when do you use Bladestorm while DPSing? I still don't use it significantly enough and think that it may up mine a smide since I do occasionally have blank spots in my procs where I use slam alot.

Thanks & Good Luck!
    We have a druid tank.

My trauma does not stack with their Mangled Wounds or whatever. Which is why I do not run with Trauma, because I am always on the druid's target.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xheoul View Post
    Send that bitch a smiley face...Bitches loooove smilie faces.

Ahh, I figured there would be times when you were with the warrior tank which would lead to times when you would not benefit from the bleed effect. I know our feral (non tanking) prefers to have me at raid since he can spend the energy on my dps beneficial abilities since trauma is passive and even w/ my relatively low crit it's still up 99% of the time.

I'd be curious to see some new numbers after this weeks raid to see if the HS change ups your dps and by how much. Please post a new link after you test the results!

ur problem is deffiantly your rotation. i sometimes have to do sunders, but i share the responsability with our fury warrior, do the same :P

my rotation is this, Charge/rend (same time, on a macro) MS - Slam - OP - Slam - MS - Slam - OP - slam - OP - Slam - MS - Slam - OP - Rend - MS - Slam - OP etc etc etc
    With execute procs i just replace slam.

doing it in the is order greatly reduces CD downtime, slam just fills the little void between mortal strike CD cos u should be ahead by a second / fraction of a second.

I find bladestorm is better immediatly after an overpower, Shattering throw used on heroism usualy when u have a trinket proc/berserking proc or idealy both at the same time :P

i would scrap heroic strike altogether, i cant see any good in missing a rage generating attack no matter how much u have. id also tighten up on ur stats a bit if possible, and i wouldnt worry about downscaling to lower ilvl items either if its rly gonna benefit.

Also go for the standard 54/17 spec and generaly try to itemise better im doing your DPS and better (not to brag or anything) with generaly worse gear so u should be seeing some kind of improvement =x lol

ok....why dont you got trauma talent :-\, dump improved execute and imp demo shout, then put those point in trauma, another one in weapon mastery. then you go back to the fury tree and throw 2 extra points in comm presence, if you want longer shouts then the last 2 points in booming voice...or if you have rage trouble, put them in unbridled wrath or in imp bloodrage...

ohh and throw heroic strike of you castbar:P just use slam and MS much more.

edit: ignore weapon mastery, put those 2 points in imp shout