Page 1 of 2
LastLast

ToC heroic 10 Man

Hello, the guild im in has been powering through ToC 10 man normal mode with ease lately and we decided to try out the heroic version. However the tanks, a warrior and I keep dieing on the first boss's impales. Is it better to stack HP for this fight or try and get more avoidance mitigation?
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...am&n=Nightrise

This is my character with avoidance trinkets, i also have the JC trinket and the ToC normal one for stacking stamina. So is it better to go pure HP for this fight?

Re: ToC heroic 10 Man

What is your raid comp?
    How many healers are you running with?

We just had a fun night of learning Beasts last night in my guild as well, we had a Feral and Warrior tank, definitely noticed that the warrior was dying a lot more often to Gormok than the bear. Our bear was gearing for max EH, while warrior was similarly geared to you: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...and&n=Minervae

Anyways, from what I've been reading you have a distinct advantage as a Paladin, in that you can bubble your stacks off.
    Did you also HoP your warrior out of those as well?
    My gut feeling is that you should be gearing for Maximum HP and Effective health for this fight? Although, I play more Ret than prot.

We ran

Prot warrior
    Prot Paladin
    Holy Priest
    Resto Druid
    Holy Paladin
    Elemental Shaman
    Com Rogue
    Destro Warlock
    Arcane Mage
    Fury Warrior

All very good geared, dps was a bit low tbh, but definately capable. Yes i HoP myself although it is quite a long CD. Raid buffed i have 45k hp with my stamina trinkets. Perhaps maybe its just the healing? How many stacks should we switch at?

Quote Originally Posted by nightrise
    Perhaps maybe its just the healing? How many stacks should we switch at?
    first swap after the 2nd or 3rd one and than swap every time the debuff wears off.
    And Christ said to his disciples, "I shall grant you eternal Salvation!"
    The disciples fell to their knees and replied, "Give us kings n00b!".

32 unbuffed hp is kind of low for 10man toc hard.

Quote Originally Posted by meingaree

Im wearing Avoidance trinkets, With Black heart+JC trinket i have 35k

edit: also after getting my new shield i can re-socket some def to stamina

15+ Year Old Account

The short answer is: yes, it's better to stack HP. Also, try to use HoP and such wisely. E.g. the boss is stacked on damage, you taunt and HoP the warrior. Suddendly it's WAY less damage to heal. Doing that will spare you Forbearance so you can DP if needed, and the warrior can still SW.

If 35k+ unbuffed HP and a decent management of cooldowns don't work, then it's a healing problem, not a tanking one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

you have low expertise (even with glyph of seal of vengeance) and if (taking a wild guess) the warrior tank is "Crowne" he has low expertise as well.. i think you're parry-gibbing each other.. even with high expertise the tank that aint tanking should go on the adds instead of getting parries on the boss..

Blizz removed parrygibs on this boss so while this may have been an issue last week it isn't now.

As long as you stack hp(since impales and bleeds can't be avoided) and have 42k+ buffed you should be able to swap after 3 stacks of the debuff. Don't use any cds until the last swap so that you can clear the bleed before you start tanking the worms. You will most likely have to HoP the other tank at this point as well. If you have to use cds too early then you'll most likely wipe when the worms pop as bleed+burning bile/toxin debuff will most likely kill you quickly.

Simple answer is impales are not able to be dodged, blocked or parried so the only thing that matters is armor and health, now mind you you can of course dodge/parry/block his normal attacks but unlike normal he also cant be disarmed.

You should honestly be looking for something in the (as already stated) 35k+ ub for heroic ToC.
    I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money; but what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I've acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, i will not pursue you but if you don't; I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

If you let your warrior tank taunt him off you when you have 2 stacks & ~23 seconds left on the dot, you will not get a third, and by the time he has 2 stacks ~23 seconds, you will be out of. Pretty easily timable.

However : why are you using hand of protection on yourself? Why not on the warrior. You have bubble, which does the same... So both of you can remove debuff....

Good luck there.
    [85 - Paladin][ armory ]

Have 35k unbuffed myself and never ran into troubles on this boss.
    We always switch at 3 stacks, because the debuff lasts for 6 stacks.
    The warrior should tank at the end of p1 and pop cooldowns, and you ought to help him with Divine Sacrifice (he taunts off at 3 stacks on you -> you bubble and Div Sac -> your debuffs are gone and the warrior takes less damage) and HoP after p1 ends.

Also I recommend getting this spec: http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...Tlu4bz7,,10433
    It offers
    DivSac, which you should use as explained before and
    Vindication, that will reduce incoming damage, because I highly doubt, that you have a skilled demo shout up all the time.
    no Divinity, because it's pretty useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Munk
    Simple answer is impales are not able to be dodged, blocked or parried so the only thing that matters is armor and health, now mind you you can of course dodge/parry/block his normal attacks but unlike normal he also cant be disarmed.

You should honestly be looking for something in the (as already stated) 35k+ ub for heroic ToC.
    This m8 said good answer.

I had similiar problem as you, have alot od mitigations but sacrificed my hp, this way we didnt have any chance to survive.
    Go gear for big hp pool.

Thanks for all the advice, i will re-socket and try and go pure HP. On another note my expertise is not low, with SoV up i have 26 expertise so that is not a problem.

Are the other bosses after this a lot harder than normal?

Quote Originally Posted by nightrise
    Thanks for all the advice, i will re-socket and try and go pure HP. On another note my expertise is not low, with SoV up i have 26 expertise so that is not a problem.

Are the other bosses after this a lot harder than normal?
    Jaraxxus was pretty simple last week (they buffed him -> no idea what he's now)
    Faction Champs are taunt immune but still rather simple
    Twins still don't hit hard but the increased damage on their aoe stuff makes it rather hard to kill em.
    Anub is a tough one because your ice fields are limited, adds can onehit anyone if you don't tank/kick them correctly and there are more adds.

Quote Originally Posted by meingaree

depends on your healers. i have slightly less than 32k(yeah. i know. second spec, i take what i can get.)
    and we never had problems with impale. once the warrior tank died and i tanked the whole thing on my own. died at 7 impales.

LOL@ 4 piece conq and never clearing Uld past XT...

Quote Originally Posted by Unrest
    Shoo evil troll.

10+ Year Old Account

"Stop," said a loud booming voice. And Rhonin turned around to see it was Bolvar Fordragon, but he was all burned up and shit. He took the helm from Tirion. "I can take no comfort anymore, in the world of the living, for Arthas has burned my genitals off. I shall bear the burden. I shall be the jailer of the damned." - Legendary Knaak Thread

i don't think he is a troll. i think he just failed really, really hard.