BM Hunter changes 3.2

I was stunned. I couldn't physically believe my eyes to this. They even set up the t9 set bonus to make BM a little bit more competitive with the other two specs, then just decide to shit all over it with their latest 3.2 patch notes.

Bestial Wrath and The Beast Within reduced by 8 seconds? And a 10% damage boost to only the hunter which is negligible considering the DPS comes from their pet. That's a 40% reduction on the uptime of Bestial Wrath and The Beast Within, and considering a BM hunter basically amasses his DPS from Bestial Wrath, I can't even imagine how much of a kick in the balls this is.

In fact, I can imagine how much of a kick in the balls this is. With the nerf to ArP coming in 3.2 and this latest change, both BM and MM will be less effective in higher end raiding, and we all know SV by now simply doesn't cut the hard modes.

So what the fuck blizzard? Are you intentionally trying to degrade the hunter into being the new shaman this patch? Please, tell me, what on earth are you thinking?

Re: BM Hunter changes 3.2

Quote Originally Posted by Lihiro
    In fact, I can imagine how much of a kick in the balls this is. With the nerf to ArP coming in 3.2 and this latest change, both BM and MM will be less effective in higher end raiding, and we all know SV by now simply doesn't cut the hard modes.
    The sky is not falling.

The Armor Pen nerf is not that bad.

Survival is still good, and will continue to be good.

Marksmanship is still good, and will continue to be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    Rule #84 of WoW: Saying "Rotation" doesn't automatically make you a good player... or even a competent one.

Quote Originally Posted by Lihiro
    Bestial Wrath and The Beast Within reduced by 8 seconds? And a 10% damage boost to only the hunter which is negligible considering the DPS comes from their pet. That's a 40% reduction on the uptime of Bestial Wrath and The Beast Within, and considering a BM hunter basically amasses his DPS from Bestial Wrath, I can't even imagine how much of a kick in the balls this is.

PEOPLE STOP MAKING THREADS ABOUT BM IN 3.2! already saw 2.

@OP: The 10% is passive and so it is a buff.
    Even as BM the hunter does more DPS than the pet.
    If you have good gear you can still have good ArP and MM still good.

Deleted

10% extra damage at all times, yes please.

LMAO! What a well thought out, creative change to fix BM..... GET THOSE CREATIVE JUICES FLOWING BLIZZ!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LoLBM
    LMAO! What a well thought out, creative change to fix BM..... GET THOSE CREATIVE JUICES FLOWING BLIZZ!!!
    Did you create that account just to make that one post?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by archery126
    Did you create that account just to make that one post?
    No he made it two years ago and waited for this post, captain smartass.

Quote Originally Posted by Icebear
    No he made it two years ago and waited for this post, captain smartass.
    The way Hunters get nerfed so regularly, he probably could have. Thanks for the clarification though, I appreciate it.

As a raiding BM hunter (in b4 OMGZZZ lulZ you n00b!!!!111!!!11!111!!!!!) my pet does about 30 - 50% of my dps depending on the fight. Nerfing the duration of BW would only let you get about 6 - 7 attacks off (down from 12ish) so that is a pretty big nerf. The 10% damage at all times might actually be a good thing though. I won't know if 10% balances out the other change until I actually test it.

What it looks like is a PvP nerf. BM hunters do 10% more damage (which is already low as BM has no burst in PvP, unless you named your pet Burst ) and now for only 10 seconds your pet can tear into someone.

What I hope is after this nerf they will change readiness back to finishing ALL your cooldowns. How stupid does it look saying ALL hunter abilities EXCEPT Bestial Wrath?
    Subject: Re: What MMO did you come from?
    Quote Originally Posted by Spamaspell
    None, wow is my first and I love it, actually I love it so much I got full epic before losing my virginity
    TarzoEzio - "Got danm it have paitance"

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

Readiness shall never be in competition with their precious exotic pets again.
    They will not allow it to work for bestial wrath again, ever...
    After all: who wouldn't take readiness-BW combo over some exotic in pvp?

Let's start with the good news: 10% more damage by the hunter might be better than 8 sec more bestial Wrath.
    For pve that is.
    Numbers will show, but it could well be.

In pvp it's all bout the BW burst.
    It's actually what put BM back on the list: a very limited, one-sided burst machine.
    They don't like that...

They didn't like a mechanic this simple to be effective with readiness double BW, and they don't want it to be even more simple with single BW combined with a shammy burst buffs.

What saddens me is this:
    hunters need several issues adressed in pvp.
    They ignore those cries, or put them of to some distant future.
    Also: in this distant future they solve those issues first that are very spectacular like mana-focus, ammo, Deterrence VISUALS (but not the wholes in it)...
    While the more pressing matters like say: survivability, surviving melee... are ignored.

But if one specc is successfull in some part of pvp, be it in a mindless bursting matter, than they nerf it faster than it takes a snake trap to die on thorns...
    This is depressing somewhat.

Adress the good parts, AND the bad parts please...

It took you ages to buff BM, UNTILL they actually killed things in arena in one specific setup!
    Than yes, all of a sudden you can buff BM with 10% hunter damage.
    What took you so long?
    You ONLY react when other classes cry, NOT when hunters need it themselves...
    Poor, real poor...

I agree for the most part Kim. What I wanted to add is, yes Exotic pets are good in PvP but being that now BW can be rendered useless by a mage iceblocking or a pally bubbling, it would take 2 BW to be effective again. So while readiness may never be changed back, it could be a viable spec.

I also apologize for feeding this thread... I didn't see the other (original) one until after this one. In the original pretty much everything that could be said, was said.
    Subject: Re: What MMO did you come from?
    Quote Originally Posted by Spamaspell
    None, wow is my first and I love it, actually I love it so much I got full epic before losing my virginity
    TarzoEzio - "Got danm it have paitance"

the reduced duration was a much needed nerf to pvp

10% increased dmg at all times by the hunter is usefull for pvp and pve

but compared to the 10% increase, the reduced duration is still a small nerf in pve and pretty much brings it back to where it was before the change

so in short, pvp was nerfed, pve remains pretty much unchanged
    Oh yes, there is a method to my madness O.o
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We generally consider 0 / 0 / 71 builds to be a failure.
    ^win

18 seconds of being immune to everykind of CC and snare each 70 was not OP right?

Still 10/70 is a lot but guess that most "huntards" will find this immunity too short, they would require an total immunity to be competitive in PvP

and ofc 10% passive damage buff for the hunter is also a nerf, oh wait
    Quote Originally Posted by Krunk
    The goblins have allied with the horde in the past, so i assume that the Alliance force thought that the Goblins are once more in league with the goblins.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Koki
    18 seconds of being immune to everykind of CC and snare each 70 was not OP right?

Still 10/70 is a lot but guess that most "huntards" will find this immunity too short, they would require an total immunity to be competitive in PvP

and ofc 10% passive damage buff for the hunter is also a nerf, oh wait

Well think about it, BM has the lowest AP/ArP/CRIT of any Spec.. So cutting the TBW/BW time by 45% is a massive nerf because TBW+RF/Trinkets makeup a vary large amount of the hunters overall damage.

The 10% Dmg buff end up being a mostly a wash, it will end up being a minor overall dmg buff over the long run but for PvP this is a spec killer.

Now the one spec that seemed to be doing reasonable in arena is going to be nerfed in to uselessness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimlor
    Deleted half the thread and gave someone a well deserved ban.

Ladies and Gentlemen, this forum is NOT grammar school, this forum IS a gaming community. We ask everyone to post in their best-as-possible English.

We do NOT want to see people getting bashed for poor English writing skills. I read the OP's post and I understood him perfectly fine if I put some effort into it. If you are unwilling to put effort into reading a post, please don't put effort in writing your unwanted opinion about it's grammar/spelling/choice of words.

Buff arcane shot IMO. I loved my BM hunter in classic. I played marks when it was op (aimshot, scatter, trap aimshot dead) and in its current form have no interest in it and I didnt even like it much in classic. Survival is kinda cool but I realy just dont enjoy playing a hunter and not having my pet a big part of it. If I want a range class with no pet there are plenty of charicters otherwise I'll run a melee. One of my 3' s partner is a hunter (BM) and Its my job to heal him, and survival doesnt cut it in the world of all plate cleaves and destro locks, rogue teams.
    When people say "pls" just because its shorter then "please", I feel totally justified to say "No" just because its shorter then "Yes".