Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: does blizzard punish afk botters?

Same thing in WSG last night. Me(shaman) and a dk was holding the hordeflag for 15 mins, and a druid was trying to get back ours. The rest of the bg used the bots that just run and attack whatever gets close. Same with horde. Had people running in to attack us, and start whacking at the air totem :P

i was at arenajunkies the other day, and there was a thread where they were sharing xperiences with bg bots, and wich ones to use etc. Seems its completely fine in that crowd, not one complaint or flame for actually fucking up the bgs for others with mindless farmbots. Not cool arenajunkies.

You can, actually report afk/botters.
    Bliz needs to catch them red handed though.

Quote Originally Posted by bbr
    Bliz needs to catch them red handed though.
    Not really, clear chat log, afkbot, banned 2 days after the honor farm.

And yeah, back to OP, yeah they do, 3h ban -> 24h ban -> perma.

I miss the old honor-less AV battles that lasted for hours and days :/

Quote Originally Posted by Falsehope
    Figured this could sum up AV nicely enough

well over 25% of our team AFK, now the miracle is we still won, i can only imagine how bad the horde must have looked with over 10 AFK and us winning so easily =\
    Battousia = Battousai?

Quote Originally Posted by Falsehope
    I dont actually believe they do, i have heard a few stories of people getting a 24 hour ban, but nothing special. you can get worse for saying "shit" in trade chat.

I really wish the problem would be solved, and not to bash on anyone, but it does seem to be a lot of Gladiators doing it, dunno if they just hate BGs and only want to arena, if they think its a waste of time or what, but with how casual blizz keeps making the game, i wouldnt be suprised if soon they allowed botters so the non hardcores can still get honor and gems.
    My original account was perma-banned for swearing about an AFK botter.

Imo Gladiators tend to afk because they're forced to upgrade the same items in BGs season after season when they'd rather do so in Arenas. Doesn't make it right, but I can empathize more. I personally don't afk, because I have better things to do with my time. If I go into a BG I don't like, I typically find a high-traffic area and demolish idiots 2-3 at a time.
    Bill Gates could laugh in our faces and say "lol you're not Billionaires you suck at life lol" but I'm pretty sure he wouldn't, even if he is a dick to work for.
    -Bodi

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account

I remember doing this WSG and we had 4 afk'ers so I was like "Report them please" and no one report them for 15 mins of the game. So I started spamming "Report them" in bg chat like a million times and gg I was reported and the afkers got their honor and marks and I ended up getting nothing but a afk debuff. We lost and I was sadly one of the dew who were trying.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnadriel
    The future is 35 alliance afk, 35 horde afk, and the players that are active are holding a mini 5v5 on FoS ))
    This used to happen before the current AFK system.

Maybe not to that extent, but I remember being in a few where 30+ were afk on ally, and 10-15 on horde.

It's called AFK Valley for a reason >_>