Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

infected wounds question

i am bear tanknig in the first spec on the bear topic :

so no infected wounds.

now i am wondering what classes is the 20% attackspeed and 50% movementspeed shared whit ?

i know warriors thunder clap and the slow part probely whit arcane mage slow but is there any other classes that have it ?

since atm my guild doesnt have any prot warr so i think it mgiht be wise to respec but only if no1 else is doing it
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Re: infected wounds question

Warriors Imp. Thunderclap, DK's Frost Fever + Imp. Icy Touch and Prot Paladins Judgements of the Just. So essentially all of the tank classes.

I am pretty sure Slow has no affect on melee attacks.

If its 10 mans you are doing then it's probably worth speccing into it since a lot of the time the other tank won't be attacking the same mob as you.

Edit: Also the 50% movement speed is pretty irrelevant since although the debuff applies to bosses they are in fact immune to the movement speed part and only affect by the attack speed reduction part of it.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Marvy
    Warriors Imp. Thunderclap, DK's Frost Fever + Imp. Icy Touch and Prot Paladins Judgements of the Just. So essentially all of the tank classes.

I am pretty sure Slow has no affect on melee attacks.

If its 10 mans you are doing then it's probably worth speccing into it since a lot of the time the other tank won't be attacking the same mob as you.

Edit: Also the 50% movement speed is pretty irrelevant since although the debuff applies to bosses they are in fact immune to the movement speed part and only affect by the attack speed reduction part of it.
    ^ This

And I love your achievment Marvy

15+ Year Old Account

Even in 25-mans, with dual spec, you're not guaranteed to have someone capable of putting up the debuff for you. There are some fights with two tanks on one boss (Thorim, Gormok), but there are plenty of other fights where this is just not the case, either because there are tanks on separate bosses (Jormungars, Twins, Anub) or just because there's only one tank (XT hard, Hodir). Besides, comparing the same fights on 10- and 25-man, I can think of very few fights where you need 2 tanks on a boss in 25-man and only 1 in 10-man (Kologarn is all that comes to mind).

It's too valuable a debuff not to have in your tank spec.

15+ Year Old Account

thank u got your info's main reason i newver specced it was becase i only do 6K tps witch is ok but it realy shoulnd get any lower :

and i though someone else would do it for me lol but ill reconcider my statement i gues ill take it into my spec
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Survivability vs threat, basically you have to decide while considering what content you do which you need more. If you're surviving now and the raid isn't getting strained with healing then don't bother. I've had threat problems (hopefully upgrading OON to twin's pact solves that) and I kept infected wounds because in toc I've been gettin pounded.

For your question I would never go without IW. Fights like Freya, Auriaya, Yogg 3rd phase, Worms in ToGC, and oh so many other fights have tanks on mobs/bosses that don't have anyone else on them. Without IW you will take 20% more melee damage and that is badddd.

Because I have nothing better to do I will provide a rant:

I think you were one of the Druids that prefer stacking stam? If so that's probably a reason you're having TPS problems. By avoiding a mitigation talent to go for threat you're effectively taking more damage so you can keep up on threat and making your healers heal you 20% more.
    Three things tanks need: TPS, Mitigation, Stam.
    Two ways to get it: Gear/Enchants/Gems, Spec/Glyphs.
    Favoring any one stat too much causes another to get neglected and you have problems. Gearing for stam and speccing for threat leaves you at a loss for mitigation. Gearing for agility(mitigation/threat) and speccing for mitigation leaves stam neglected.

Balance man.....

Quote Originally Posted by Marvy
    I would just like to point out that even though 99% of all bosses are immune to the Movement Speed reduction component, the boss DOES still count as being under the effect of a "Movement Speed Reduction Effect" while Infected Wounds is Applied. Why is this important? Ask any mage with TTW in their spec, they will thank you.

Sorry if I sound like I'm repeating anything, but just about all bosses can be affected by the 20% slower attack speed? That should make the flame boss easier to tank since I sometimes get randomly one shotted while sitting at 30k hp. I can understand if they're not affected by the 50% movement speed.

Quote Originally Posted by zergslayer69
    Sorry if I sound like I'm repeating anything, but just about all bosses can be affected by the 20% slower attack speed? That should make the flame boss easier to tank since I sometimes get randomly one shotted while sitting at 30k hp. I can understand if they're not affected by the 50% movement speed.
    Flame boss?

If you are talking about the New Vault boss, or Ignus, then the only way they are 1 shotting you is if you have somehow let them get a HUGE number of stacks of their damage increasing buff up.

Nothing should be 1 shotting a tank, unless you are severely undergeared for the fight (30k hp raid buffed is pretty low imo)

Out of own experiences, infected wounds freaking rocks balls for tanking.
    You might not notice the 20% reduced attack speed, but at long fights, it will surely help ALOT.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by zergslayer69
    ... That should make the flame boss easier to tank since I sometimes get randomly one shotted while sitting at 30k hp. ...
    I suggest you read up on the tactic, more specifically about Meteor Fists.

Anyway, the IW is gold. Just take the example of Offtanking Emalon, where you have 4 adds hitting on you at all times. Having all of them hitting 20% slower really takes a lot of pressure off of the healers.

I had same choice between IW and more TPS and i chose TPS.
    Why? I mostly pug 10 man raids, and pugs ask for stamina,avoidance and tps.
    So, if i have a lot of stamina and i die, they will blame healers, and if i dont, they will blame me and my gear. Pugs dont ask if i have IW

Quote Originally Posted by Maniac2
    So, if i have a lot of stamina and i die, they will blame healers, and if i dont, they will blame me and my gear. Pugs dont ask if i have IW
    If the PUGs on the server are that bad, get into some guild runs :P
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Quote Originally Posted by Maniac2
    Cool. You care about what other people think rather than caring about your ability to do your job well. If I pugged something with you I'd know exactly how bad you were and the healers and dps wouldn't get blamed.

Quote Originally Posted by Alltat
    If the PUGs on the server are that bad, get into some guild runs :P
    Since drood is alt char, i cant go with guild runs (only mains allowed), so now i wait for some guild alt runs. Also, GM is not happy with alt runs idea, cos he think it could make us raid less on mains due to over-raiding.

Tbh, guild runs are quite a pain, cos i need to go under guild raid plan and schedule. Doing pugs makes me free to do it whenever i want.

Quote Originally Posted by getefix
    Cool. You care about what other people think rather than caring about your ability to do your job well. If I pugged something with you I'd know exactly how bad you were and the healers and dps wouldn't get blamed.
    If i dont care what pug RL think about my HP, i wont get invite, right?
    And im not bad, but i know could be better due to IW...And in 90% cases, i dont die, its healers and dps who die standing in fire...
    And also, there is lot of DKs in pugs, who brings same boss debuff as my IW would..
    IF i would do guild runs, i would go for some other stuff - more agi and IW ofc, but for pugs im very good like this...

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by getefix
    I think you were one of the Druids that prefer stacking stam? If so that's probably a reason you're having TPS problems. By avoiding a mitigation talent to go for threat you're effectively taking more damage so you can keep up on threat and making your healers heal you 20% more.
    Three things tanks need: TPS, Mitigation, Stam.
    Two ways to get it: Gear/Enchants/Gems, Spec/Glyphs.
    Favoring any one stat too much causes another to get neglected and you have problems. Gearing for stam and speccing for threat leaves you at a loss for mitigation. Gearing for agility(mitigation/threat) and speccing for mitigation leaves stam neglected.

Balance man.....
    i was gonig for agility and a bit for stamina but it seems all the higher guilds on my server had thier druids stacking stamina and i tlaked aobut thme they say its better for hardmdoes since u cant always dodge the 2nd hit. so i follwed thme and acutaly now i am wearing stamina gear i dont go rage starved antymore and tps went up by about 500 but its still only 6K lol
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Quote Originally Posted by gollie
    I suggest you read up on the tactic, more specifically about Meteor Fists.

Anyway, the IW is gold. Just take the example of Offtanking Emalon, where you have 4 adds hitting on you at all times. Having all of them hitting 20% slower really takes a lot of pressure off of the healers.
    FFF on all 4+maulglyph+IW+Swipe/maul macro (swipe triggers maul aswell) = COLD HARD PURE FREAKING WIN!
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by D44N
    FFF on all 4+maulglyph+IW+Swipe/maul macro (swipe triggers maul aswell) = COLD HARD PURE FREAKING WIN!
    untill you get unlucky, and accidently kill all 3 "spare" adds at the same time because you're rocking your hardcore tank dps and Emalon decided to always pick the new spawn for the next Overcharge :P

Had it happen to me once, nearly shit myself trying to pick up 4 loose adds, now I watch their healthbars to make sure they are not all getting uber low.