Thread: Pet summoning

Pet summoning

I've been raiding for a while now, and I've been wondering is it a good idea to re-summon your Imp if he so happens to die on a boss fight? Would it be an overall dps loss, does it depend on how much longer it will take to down the boss? As of yet the only boss I have ever re-summoned on is Mimiron in between phases. Does anyone have any general tips in this area? Oh btw I'm destro just in case you're wondering.
    In promulgating your esoteric cogitations or articulating your superficial sentimentalities and amicable philosophical or psychological observations, beware of platitudinous panderosity.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Pet summoning

Resummon him if theres more than a minute TWO minutes left to the fight, or theres a transition period (hodir, thorim, mimiron)

Or better yet, don't let him die by watching his positioning. Learning this helps in PVP too.

Edit: Forgot to account for the pets lack of buffs post-resummon.

R.I.P. YARG

I usually try to move him by clicking on the "follow" (ctrl-2) button a couple of times and then "Pet-attack" (ctrl-1). Is that the normal way of getting your pet out of voids, etc?

15+ Year Old Account

Yep. You want him on Passive with Phase Shift disabled so that:

-He gets the right buffs
    -When you hit follow, then attack, he doesn't stop to attack too
    -Removes unexpected behaviour

R.I.P. YARG

I've actually moved passive to be the second icon on my pet command bar, so that I can mindlessly hit ctrl + 2 (and then ctrl + 1 a few seconds later) if he seems to be taking lots of damage.
    Thanks for jumping on that grenade for me last night. You're the best wingman ever.
    She ate 7 of the 8 slices of pizza. I deserve a purple heart and sex w your sister
    Epic

15+ Year Old Account

As destro you want your imp up unless its a short time left.
    In the bossfights where there actually are AoE that can kill your pet, most of them will have an inpactspot that must be targeted on a player, ex Gormakk or wth hes called, or General in Ulduar etc.

Personally i just bind my petattack into a macro for immolate (work with any spec/spell) and a keymap to passive mode. If the little bastard is in a bad place I hit the passive key and he comes running towards me. By that time, I can press attack or simply get it to attack on the next immolation cast, whatever suits my cycle best.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.