Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Prot - Fights that need you to substain/generate high amounts of threat

make sure to tank him while your in a starlight and your raid members MUST give you the crit dmg bonus boost. if they dont bother it isnt your fault
    ''If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let their be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.'' Quoted from-

I don't think I saw this suggestion, but it goes with everything that has already been said.

1. Mage and Warlock should use their aggro dump
    2. You will have to taunt

Tell them not to do 1 until after you do 2. That's how you solidify your threat lead. It's even nicer if you have the mage pop Mirror Images just before he's about to pull aggro, nuke nuke nuke, and then he gets all their aggro when Mirror Images go away. You taunt. He goes invisible. Uncatchable.

Quote Originally Posted by Megamoney
    this was changed last patch....dmg no longer interrupts invis =D kinda miss the tank always yellin at me though :'(
    good to know. haven't done hodir since 3.2

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    The thing is, with Hodir, there's a few things you need to watch out for as a tank;
    - Crit Buff
    - Spell Damage Debuff on the Boss (Singed)

The crit buff, i believe, increases your crit damage to 135% (up from 100% for melee abilities, and 50% for spell abilities). All of our offensive abilities are melee (besides Exorcism). However, they deal holy damage (now i'm going into the basics you probably already know). The main threat boost you'll see as a tankadin comes from the Singed debuff being up on the boss. This is applied, or rather has a 30% chance to be applied, when a Spell-damage dealing ability hit's the boss. It stacks up to 30 times, lasts for 25 seconds, so when fully stacked, the boss is taking 160% magical damage (He takes 100% by default/without debuffs, so another 60% is 160%).

With "High Crit" casters such as Elemental shamans, mages and locks, they have the bonus of this 135% crit damage, as well as the 60% extra damage bonus. This leads to some insane damage, as well as some insane threat. However, being the prime magical damage dealing tank (DK's are as well, but their threat isn't quite as powerful as ours), we get best benefit from these buffs.

Additionally, there's a haste buff (The moonlight beams). Prior to 3.2, this wasn't even thought about for us. However, with the SoV change that was made, it's now a nice bonus, and should alone give 500-1000 extra TPS once you reach 5 stacks.
    Pretty much because of this i've rarely ever had to taunt more than once in the fight and i've never had a problem with it, if you're raid isnt aware of the extra threat you can get by picking up the spell buffs or keeping the spell debuffs up you need to let them know.

i normally keep an eye out for a fire by a moonbeam, plant myself in it and shout at the melee to bring me the storm buff.

another handy tip i found particularly on that fight, turn your spell detail down to the lowest level you can and still see all the shit on the floor (particle density just over half way on the slider i think it is) and it makes life a bit easier to see all the little campfires etc.
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Runetotem&n=Geoff

Yeah, not your fault, the way the buffs effect the casters means they will be outthreating you in no time flat. The little tricks ive seen is pick the high aggro caster in your group, usually the warlock, have him go balls to the wall, when he hits 110% aggro bop him, have him keep going, when hodir turns taunt, have lock shatter/salv him, you now have yourself a fairly large threat lead and if the rest of the dps are smart with their aggro drops you should be free and clear.

But yeah, giving the casters 235% dmg on crits, casts that go off in a gcd, and +25% dmg to the boss means they are going to scale out of control and you aren't going to be able to keep up with just a regular threat rotation.