What spec to level as?

So I'm leveling my hunter and just got 60. I've tried every spec but still don't know what's best. Bm is great for soloing, marks has a metric poop ton of damage, but both are very mana inefficent. Survival is ok on mana and damage.

So which is the best? Soloing a lot, huge damage, or longjevity?

Deleted

Re: What spec to level as?

BM, i am at lvl 63 right now.. It's like you got a tank, which makes the game so much easier!

Short Answer is BM.

Long Answer is Beast Mastery.

See what I did there?

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    Rule #84 of WoW: Saying "Rotation" doesn't automatically make you a good player... or even a competent one.

Oh yeah? Haha nice. Well i'm just bothered by the fact that I go through mana so quick and have to use viper ever other pull which slows shit down a ton. Do I have a wrong spec or what.

Quote Originally Posted by Callsign Grunge
    Short Answer is BM.

See what I did there?
    I lol'd

Didn't want to start a new thread b/c this one is nice and fresh.

I've always approached leveling with my raiding spec in mind. I just started a new dwarf hunter last night and am level 11 and still haven't placed my 2 points. I just went and picked up a ravager last night and was debating putting my points into SV because that's what I plan on playing at 80. I figure with the +xp chest and shoulders and the fact that I have a pet for extra damage, that the leveling spec really shouldn't make that big of a difference on how long it takes to get to 80, not to mention, I should have been building shot rotation habits over a "long" period of time and therefore there's no transition period where I just don't know what to do.

Regardless if BM is the most efficient way to level, can anyone disagree with my point of view? (Only being confrontational to elicit well thought out responses.)

i played as surv and mm and was awesome and damn then i rolled bm seeing crits for 0 surely mob wont get agro from pet. I duno what to do now

The main advantage as leveling with BM spec is, you dont use that many high mana usage shots, nor do you need to. The added damage coming from the pet, and especially pets like a Bear (swipe + thunderclap ftw) will help so much during leveling up that your downtime will be next to zero.

Once you get a few talentpoints into your pet you get the ability to have him/her get 40% more healing from mend pet and other goodies which will improve its survivability; this will help you solo 3man quests no other class can hope to do on its own.

You could try and get into a SSC/The Eye Pug at 70 and get 2 pieces of T5 and faceroll your way to 80; but its not really needed; without it your stronger mend pet and other defensive capabilities on the pet its really quite staggering.

Now if you go the Surv/marks road, you use more mana, you pet cannot hold the enemies at bay and you need to do alot of running, wingclipping, trapping which all result into a slower kill time versus higher mana consumption.

this will help you solo 3man quests no other class can hope to do on its own.
    with that i disagree, blood DK easily soloes all 3 man quests :P
    But on topic BM is THE levelin spec ... cant wait for focus :P
    You'd wish to see my armory link here!

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.

Quote Originally Posted by Callsign Grunge
    Short Answer is BM.

See what I did there?
    Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by dr4g0n

with that i disagree, blood DK easily soloes all 3 man quests :P
    But on topic BM is THE levelin spec ... cant wait for focus :P
    Actually Frost mages, Prot paladin, Warlocks, Druid (feral) can all solo those quests easily too :P

On topic, I am gonna lvl a hunter too, and I think I'll go MM first, then switch BM at mid lvl, cause low lvl BM talents sucks big hairy balls.

MORE on Topic: at the OP's lvl I'll definitely be BM . . .