Thread: Newb pally tank

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Newb pally tank

Quote Originally Posted by Megamoney
    again i wouldnt say it is the best of what is avaliable....because like you said those few points are arguable and therefore ther persons opnion and it really doesnt matter what you put them in so long as it caters to your play style
    You keep posting about optimal, but you clearly contradict yourself. For my tanking situations, my spec is optimal. For a heroic 5man level tank, reduced HoJ cd would be optimal. For a dedicated OT, Divine Sacrifice and Guardian would be optimal. That doesn't make my spec not optimal for me. Unless you can offer a better spec for my situation or for that of the OP while arguing my suggestions for him, they are optimal.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

http://www.wowarmory.com/talent-calc...00000000000000

This is the spec I use

I have 0 trouble with treath at all so its focusing on staying alive.

Divine sacrifice is a nice spell when u OT or even when u MT pop this and ur 50% damage reduction and it worth some nice total damage reduction... just warn ur healer

Strength/parry gems=NO

if your over defence cap i would suggest going for stam gems/enchants.

get argent dawn enchant on helm
    get sons of hodir enchant on shoulders OR 30stam 15resil
    get 40stam on bracers
    im gonna guess your using the ArP trinket cause you dont have a second, thats fine but farm the one from AN heroic 2nd boss Essence of Gossamar (111stam)

get 24stam or 30stam gem in belt/shoulders/boots/legs. or dodge/stam gems

farm the tanking ring from Reg ToC mark of the relentless i think its called and get a stam gem in there

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...rub&n=Suneater

thats my pally tank he is an alt but i play him as much as my main. copy his glyphs/spec.

use seal of vengeance, at least thats the alliance one its the stacking debuff one idk name for horde.

you should have no problems with defence and the 2 items you need to farm have great drop rates, as for your mana issue, you might be chosing to use kings instead of sanc, idk. but always prioritize Sanc over kings for yourself.

with sanc up you will hardly EVER go oom. and keep divine plea up by auto attacking from talents
    ''If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let their be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.'' Quoted from-

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice
    You keep posting about optimal, but you clearly contradict yourself. For my tanking situations, my spec is optimal. For a heroic 5man level tank, reduced HoJ cd would be optimal. For a dedicated OT, Divine Sacrifice and Guardian would be optimal. That doesn't make my spec not optimal for me. Unless you can offer a better spec for my situation or for that of the OP while arguing my suggestions for him, they are optimal.
    that was my first post regarding anything optimal and i wasnt even saying optimal in it...i was just stating that you said this is what is best given your choices and i said it depends on the situation and personal play style....neither of which you mention in your earlier post
    Have an iPhone? Want to keep up to date with the latest iPhone news? Check out theiphonespot.net

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy1346
    Strength/parry gems=NO

if your over defence cap i would suggest going for stam gems/enchants.

get argent dawn enchant on helm
    get sons of hodir enchant on shoulders OR 30stam 15resil
    get 40stam on bracers
    im gonna guess your using the ArP trinket cause you dont have a second, thats fine but farm the one from AN heroic 2nd boss Essence of Gossamar (111stam)

get 24stam or 30stam gem in belt/shoulders/boots/legs. or dodge/stam gems

farm the tanking ring from Reg ToC mark of the relentless i think its called and get a stam gem in there

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...rub&n=Suneater

thats my pally tank he is an alt but i play him as much as my main. copy his glyphs/spec.

use seal of vengeance, at least thats the alliance one its the stacking debuff one idk name for horde.

you should have no problems with defence and the 2 items you need to farm have great drop rates, as for your mana issue, you might be chosing to use kings instead of sanc, idk. but always prioritize Sanc over kings for yourself.

with sanc up you will hardly EVER go oom. and keep divine plea up by auto attacking from talents
    Your spec sacrifices a lot of survivability for a small amount of threat gain. Not taking Judgements of the Just means you are taking essentially 20% more damage from melee bosses. Also, you do not have Vindication to reduce the amount of those extra attacks. This spec would suffer greatly when tanking more difficult content. Pallys have absolutely not threat issues unless you're tanking Hodir hard mode. As such, you should spec for more survivability and help yourself and your healers out.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Megamoney
    that was my first post regarding anything optimal and i wasnt even saying optimal in it...i was just stating that you said this is what is best given your choices and i said it depends on the situation and personal play style....neither of which you mention in your earlier post
    Fair enough. I have found that feral druid tanks are very rare. They are currently the other "top tank". With the current abilities of prot paladins, one could safely assume that if a warrior and paladin had equal gear/skill, the paladin should be the MT at this point in the game.

While very little of this applies to the OP because he is just now wandering into the world of pally tanking, the spec is still 100% viable and would not pigeonhole him into only doing heroics and OTing.

glad to see ppl can still be civil on the interent. and to the op like stated if you can learn how to play (good) and get some good gear dont let anyone tell you prot pally cant MT anything out there. i have been MT since tbc and loved every minute of it...its nice to now be considered a good tank

hell i even remember some blue post somewhere that said in tbc we did not want any other tanks but warriors as the MT and when any other class got close we either nerfed them or buffed warriors. now we are on par if not better then warriors and are more then capable of tanking w/e =D
    Have an iPhone? Want to keep up to date with the latest iPhone news? Check out theiphonespot.net