Poll: Are you For my Idea and willing to support it.... If your not a pvper dont vote negative please...

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

New BG, New Style, NEW WoW FUN ZONES!!

*Edit* Do you think in the lore or war craft... when the big ugly orc with a 2h mace runs up to the human do you think he's say O NO!!! I have to run passed you and go get a gay flag that never existed in war craft lore in the first place. No they face-roll each other and we need a BG with just that but still with some strategy. *Edit*

Okay, so here's a bit of my thoughts which probably won't ever be seen or replied to by blizzard... But I'll give it a shot anyways. First the already known and then the unknown/could be change.

1. Most PvP players in battlegrounds just want to run in and fight mid field, regardless of the objectives.

2. Unless your PvP/PvE PvPers are always broke gold wise... I know I am.

3. Sometimes it's gets boring sitting in WoW even if your dedicated to both sides of the game.

OK, now for the could be/changes. Okay firstly, I'm going to explain this next part a little better down the line.

1. A Battleground Strictly based on HK's and a type of resources.

2. The same Battleground except at 80 you get a small amount of currency per win and loss based on percentage of the over all Hk's

3. MINI GAMES ARE ALWAYS GOOD!!!!

NOW, for the explanation walk through. My ideas for this new BG.

Name : Killing fields
    (I actually have a few good names this was just the first)
    Player Size: 15
    Recourse Size: 300-600

Battleground outlook,
    Smaller area considerably the size of Warsong Gulch Preferably smaller for that kinda bg, starting point would be enclosed as are the rest of bg's mid field would be engulfed in lava except for large island in the middle. Which you can't fall off of, I would say you could but any side with Balance Druid (Typhoon) or Elemental Shaman (Thunderstorm), would be pretty much win.

The battle area,
    It needs to have pillars and maybe burnt charred tree stumps that can be used for LoS'ing, the battle area or (Large Arena) I guess you could say, every 15-20 (which ever) killing blows a single player gets can summon a bolt of some kinda magic or maybe a plague, from the scorched sky above making it a mass aoe damage effect to everyone on the opposing faction, the magic is summoned from a pillar in the middle of the battle area, just run up and right click kinda thing when your KB proc goes off.

Now, I would suggest it to be ever time a single player gets 75 hks they can summon the bolt but, and aoe player would get it all the time. Or, it simply could be when a player reaches 5-10 killing blows they can use the spell but can only use it once per person per match. Basically no rules no limitations just all out war, I call the Plague "Essence Of Death" and the bolt, meh maybe a lighting bolt called.. "Light of Thor". BUT, however the damage may be dealt no resistances no absorptions from it. You know nothing that's going to wipe the whole side but do some damage to everyone, Except god forsaken Pallys (Bubble) and Mages (Ice Block). Also I was thinking instant rez's at Gy's not timers.

*Edit Change* Maybe the AoE summon could go another route, your whole team has to fight for a certain amount of overall KB's (or Depleted Resources) Either way you look at it's still strategy it's takes everyone to win it but you don't nessacarily have to work together as much. I just think it would be fun to see a BG like this I mean 90% of the children that play this game as pvp just HK and KB anyways in a BG *Edit Change*

And obviously since this is a Leveling exp based Battleground it's for any bracket. HK's and wins and loses get you exp. Nothing to fancy more than AB but less the AV I think should do it.

Before I go any further on this new Battleground Idea, I'm going to see what my feed back is like first.

Now, for my next idea, the solution to pvpers being broke,
    That same battleground at level 80 could offer currency for a win or loss based on the overall percentage of Kb's
    Example,
    I'll just say alliance side since I play Alliance.
    Quick small player example 15 players, total Kb's 300. 50 copper for every added up kb 300 x 50 copper you just made 1.5g off a match or even 75copper per KB, 2.25g still not bad and thats the basics for the Battleground money it's not much but something to have at 80 for a steady money flow if you want more that's what the daily's are for.

AND NOW FOR THE MUCH WAITED SOLUTION TO THE OCCASIONAL BORD EM!!!

I propose old fashioned WoW like mini games. That can be played and rep is won or money is won,
    now, I will go into more detail with this part as I get more feedback but basically, Things like archers ranges, more realistic fishing you know catch record breaking fish and your name be posted for it stuff like that. etc.. Or see if you can kill this many Murlocs in this amount of time sorta thing. With this idea the list goes on and on and on so I'm leaving it at that for now.. I have much more, but I need good feedback and support to even begin trying to do anything with this, and the help of everyone spreading it to come and discuss it, you know get some pages open but not with stupid stuff..

And if all else fails there's always pizza!!!

*Edit* I forgot to mention lmao... the mini games would be in what I call a Fun Zone kinda like taking a kid to Chuckie cheese lol...

Re: New BG, New Style, NEW WoW FUN ZONES!!

Quote Originally Posted by Newkilie
    1. Most PvP players in battlegrounds just want to run in and fight mid field, regardless of the objectives.
    No?

As for the rest of the post. I went to a conference at The Gathering like... 3 years ago with Blizzards representative Thundgot, and they told us Blizzard had already attempted this kind of BG for testing. It just ended up with rogue's owning it all on a stick.

sorry but then only thing that you said was true was the gold thing everything else was kinda random. like how would they incorporate that or is it just some random battle ( all bg's have a reason ie: warsong is orc vs. NE fight over warsong ...)
    This user has been banned

Quick small player example 15 players, total Kb's 300. 50 copper for every added up kb 300 x 50 copper you just made 1.5g off a match or even 75copper per KB, 2.25g still not bad and thats the basics for the Battleground money it's not much but something to have at 80 for a steady money flow if you want more that's what the daily's are for.

thats what removing the insignia is for you gets loot and a decent amount of money ( in Wintergrasp you get like 1-1.5 g per loot just ninja loot after a while you make some money...)
    This user has been banned

Quote Originally Posted by deathbysushi
    sorry but then only thing that you said was true was the gold thing everything else was kinda random. like how would they incorporate that or is it just some random battle ( all bg's have a reason ie: warsong is orc vs. NE fight over warsong ...)
    Well simply put the point for this Bg is to have something new and I can believe that rogues owned it up, but with my Bg strategy Rogues or not theirs more balance than you think, basically everyone runs down to a larger type of arena and FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT. When you have enough KB's built up then you can summon the Aoe. If you really think about it rather than just running along the thread it would work and it would be fun I think. AND IF they already tried something similar I really think they should give it another shot. Just look at the mechanics of it. Fight for KB's (which is all most do anyways) and summon AWESOME AoE's until one sides recourse are depleted. And if you don't like just KB based BG then go to cap a flag some where else it's Simple Math.

A Battleground Strictly based on HK's
    So, it'd basically be a 10v10, 15v15, or 40v40 arena? K.
    Am I a butterfly dreaming I'm a poet... or a bowling ball dreaming I'm a plate of sashimi?

Quote Originally Posted by deathbysushi
    thats what removing the insignia is for you gets loot and a decent amount of money ( in Wintergrasp you get like 1-1.5 g per loot just ninja loot after a while you make some money...)
    Please explain how often you get to loot in WG raid VS raid and if your spending time looting thats time you could be helping the raid.. No offense that's just how I see it. NOW if I get a min when nothing is going on to loot then sure go for it but im not going to loot when I have 5 or 6 other players chasing me down.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrior
    So, it'd basically be a 10v10, 15v15, or 40v40 arena? K.
    EXACTLY, BUT with more fun to it with the summon aoes and what not and i have many more ideas for it that could make it better but I need good feedback first.

Now, I would suggest it to be ever time a single player gets 75 hks they can summon the bolt but, and aoe player would get it all the time. Or, it simply could be when a player reaches 5-10 killing blows they can use the spell but can only use it once per person per match.
    Been playing Call of Duty much? sounds good tho...

Quote Originally Posted by MilitantCasual
    Baaaaaaaad idea. Go find a 40 man Arena. BGs are about Small Unit Tactics, not how many people you can kill solo.
    Obviously you didn't pay attention to my thread, you wouldn't win just by yourself it would take everyone to deplete the resources and everyone aiming for those KB summons.
    SO, there's still strategy and tactics in there just more warfare.

So let me get this straight, the new bg you are basically asking for is...a giant arena basically?

Quote Originally Posted by barkatze
    So let me get this straight, the new bg you are basically asking for is...a giant arena basically?
    As I said before yes, BUT with a type of summon system like AV's.

Obviously your ideas of 'strategy' and 'tactics' need some review. This sounds like a Greek/Roman 'Get on a field and march at each other' BG. Sorry, not interested.

Strategy is taking the opponent's towers. Tactics is putting a balanced group in those towers until capped.
    O really? So the balanced group that you can just PUG can run mid and farm HK's anyways... Because your so sure that ANYTIME you hit a BG it's going to be L33T top of the line players that just straight decimate everyone and don't go to the mid and farm? I been playing pvp for 4 and half years now and I'm pretty sure I'VE NEVER hit a Bg were NOT ONE person just was there to kill and farm... I'm sick of the same old types of bg's it's time for a new style it doesn't really matter what your negative opnion is but thanks for the neg vote buddy like putting a new BG would really effect you? At least I'm trying to do something what have you done?

Its a nice Idea, dunno how well it would work out tho. Also, maybe people could get kill streaks too, to promote healing and keeping people alive, not just zerging for win. Say, 10 kills you get the heal buff from WSG etc, at 20 you get the speed buff, at 30 you get a zerk, and if you can make it to 50, you get one thats all three for like, 2 minutes. Dunno, just an idea. (yes yes, too much CoD, can we get shammy wolves at 7 kills?)

I voted "maybe" simply for the fact that all this BG would be is a big arena match... Basically, the strategy would consist of ever class knowing what to do and when to do it against pretty much all other classes. Making those decisions and performing those actions, however, would be extremely difficult to pull off, yet very effective. My only problem is that all of the fun matches would boil down to one guild premade versus another, and my guild doesn't really PvP much, so I'd be screwed. Overall, this BG would be very fun or very annoying.... no middle ground here I think.

People suck...

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjakk
    I voted "maybe" simply for the fact that all this BG would be is a big arena match... Basically, the strategy would consist of ever class knowing what to do and when to do it against pretty much all other classes. Making those decisions and performing those actions, however, would be extremely difficult to pull off, yet very effective. My only problem is that all of the fun matches would boil down to one guild premade versus another, and my guild doesn't really PvP much, so I'd be screwed. Overall, this BG would be very fun or very annoying.... no middle ground here I think.
    Very well put, your right it would be a big arena I guess but, the point is like you said ---- Basically, the strategy would consist of ever class knowing what to do and when to do it against pretty much all other classes.---- We wouldn't win if the team didn't know how to fight every type opponent.

---- fun or very annoying ---- If it comes to that part then theres always AV, WRS, WG, IOC, SotA, IoC, AB... Same point for the guy up above I myself like tactics but I like straight warfare more.. If you ever got tired of just warfare go cap a flag... Really not that hard it's 2+2 does not = fish anymore man..

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

I like the idea of being able to gain gold from BGs, it just can't be tons of gold. I think your idea has some validity....it would be nice to have people in one place actually fighting w/o other objectives...

Perhaps a battleground that revolves around ONE central node, the team controlling the node can summon or automatically get some sort of npcs to fight with them, and the attacking team has a different type of npc to assist them.... this allows a constant fight back and forth.

I would probably never play that BG...

That said, I want it to happen so all the "ZOMG RED NAME EVERYONE CHASE IT!" idiots would GTFO of my strategic BG.

I nerfed Hunters to the ground. Soon I'll give you a pony.
    Are you proud of that? OOOOO I see now your one of those people that can't EVER L2P so you just lite up the forums in trying to get every class nerfed but your own, BTW I'm sure you had almost NOTHING to do with hunters being nerfed they were being fixed for along time. And for those hunters that can L2P there still strong thus you lose..

Deleted

I stopped reading here.