Thread: PvP Ele

PvP Ele

Whats a decent spec/glyph compo to use ?

Re: PvP Ele

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#hVIzq...AoMGMIo:TIGzmM

This

exactly.

Pretty much anything else is terrible.

I mean...Unless some one who is better at it wants to step up and say why. (Which I wont argue with, I do not claim to be a world champion pvp ele shaman)

EdIT:

Also, i would not expect to go into pvp owning things

if you keyboard turn or have trouble managing your cooldowns then you are gonna have some difficulty

and -any- resilience is better than -none- so regem and get your pvp trinket -first-

Ele shaman pvp is all about burst, and you will not win any 1v1s if your shit is on cooldown, so don't get pissed when it happens because it will

generally speaking, ele shaman pvp sucks ass, it's great in battlegrounds, 'okay' in arena, but generally bad all around, focus on purging

put earth bind totem in your 1slot button if you have to, but you should be using it all the time

your primary totem bar should read Totem of Wrath, Tremor Totem, Grounding Totem and Clensing totem

Put Grounding totem on your bars some where to, so you can spam the shit out of it. The last thing a death knight expects is to fucking death grip your totem and not you (it's pretty damn lawl when it happens to)

Watch out for totem stompers, if you see a death knight running at you, he kills your clensing totem, get it back down ASAP
    Signature Nazi's suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Muezick
    http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#hVIzq...AoMGMIo:TIGzmM

This

exactly.

Pretty much anything else is terrible.

I mean...Unless some one who is better at it wants to step up and say why. (Which I wont argue with, I do not claim to be a world champion pvp ele shaman)
    It really depends on "what works for you".

I currently run http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#hVI0q...Ao0xgco:MpkzmM . It's a very offensive setup and I have to trust that my healer(s) are going to keep me alive.

I used to run http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#hVI0q...Ao0xgco:IjkzmM . This build gives you more escape options and a much higher survivability rate.

I also know people who run with the glyph of hex. Personally, I use hex in a similar fashion to polymorph, that's why I don't glyph it. I never use it on a kill target. If it breaks early due to damage, either I fucked up or someone on my team did. If you prefer to use it as an offensive pacify to break up a string of defensive CDs, the glyph of hex isn't *terrible*. The glyph of elemental mastery, though, I whole-heartedly disagree with. While EM is nice, I've never really found it to be reliably game-changing. I always feel like there's a better option out there. Glyphing stoneclaw totem gives you a 4.5k bubble on a relatively short cooldown.

Some of the best ele shaman I can think of:
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-t...n=Qtft&group=1
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-t...Emclol&group=1
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-ta...=Blowi&group=2
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-t...Brabus&group=1

Stoneclaw totem is a very common trend, with thunder also being a very popular pick. Most people run one, some run two of them. The 3rd commonly seen one is between flame shock and lava. In 3.2.2 if the flame shock and glyph of flame shock changes go through, you'll see flame shock glyph die off in PvP specs. Some shaman are replacing it with Glyph of Lava, some with Totem of Wrath's Glyph.

So, there's really no "this and this" answer. Go with what fits your playstyle best.

Well I can't really argue with that, my spec is defensive vs. offensive, and it's like that because I have low resilience, i'd PROBABLY switch to somehting else like this when my pvp gear balances out.

i use hex like a stun, it doubles as a sheep, but if a death knight or warrior rolls up on me, there';s nothing funner than hexing them and raping them

Signature Nazi's suck.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#hVIVq...AoMhT0o:MkjzmM

this imo is the best spec.

improved shields??? i see no use for this as ele in pvp you are not going to be spending time re casting lightning shield. Also Elemental weapons does not give you that much more spell dmg, i would just go for all crit, guardian totems is a choice, 2 secs off of grounding isn't that huge, again i would just go for more crit to blow stuff up.

I would also go 5 in Reverberation, shamans got buffed out now since wind shear isn't on other cooldown in shocks. SPAM flame shock and use wind shear to interupt, and also throw in a frost shock at the end of your burst to add more dmg.

for glyphs, glyph of hex isn't that big of a deal, imo its better to use hex for interupt and sheeping. Glyph of elemental mastery? 30 secs off a cooldown isn't that big compared to the other glyphs.

Since elemental shamans are all about burst i would use Lava Burst glyph, stoneclaw (this is a must imo), and flameshock.

Some tips are use these totems together

fire nova, earthbind, grounding

stoneclaw, grounding

and then all your buff totems as a seperate one.

Quote Originally Posted by gwaar
    http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#hVIVq...AoMhT0o:MkjzmM

this imo is the best spec.

improved shields??? i see no use for this as ele in pvp you are not going to be spending time re casting lightning shield. Also Elemental weapons does not give you that much more spell dmg, i would just go for all crit, guardian totems is a choice, 2 secs off of grounding isn't that huge, again i would just go for more crit to blow stuff up.
    Crit has a diminished value in PVP over all vs. targets with high resilience, pvp is more about survival, yes having a strong offence is good, but having a powerful defense can always lend to your offense.

then again I suppose it's based on your individual play style.

spamming lightning sheild and heals on yourself is a pretty good way to kill any melee class that likes to jump around, especially the fucking feral druids who move like RC-Cars on crack. GL hitting one of them with a casting spell.

my lightning sheilds hit for about 1500 damage and it can crit.(Just an example)

I would also go 5 in Reverberation, shamans got buffed out now since wind shear isn't on other cooldown in shocks. SPAM flame shock and use wind shear to interupt, and also throw in a frost shock at the end of your burst to add more dmg.
    you should be using lightning bolt or lava burst unless your flame shock is dispelled, in my general opinion reverberation is pretty much a waste of five talent points, it's not worth the resources you spend on it. having frost shock on a 3 second cooldown is cool, but you shouldn't have to rely on it to kite melee classes, that's what earth bind is for.

for glyphs, glyph of hex isn't that big of a deal, imo its better to use hex for interupt and sheeping. Glyph of elemental mastery? 30 secs off a cooldown isn't that big compared to the other glyphs.

Since elemental shamans are all about burst i would use Lava Burst glyph, stoneclaw (this is a must imo), and flameshock.
    you realize that elemental mastery makes the next spell cast within 10 seconds an instant cast, right?

How much PVPing have you done on your elemental shaman, exactly? the glyph of Lava burst only exceeds totem of wrath at upwards of 3000 spell power, so even if you wanted to impower your lava burst, Glyph of totem of wrath would be better suited for the job, -and- you can carry that buff with you that is just one more buff that purge/priests/mages have to mess with when they're dispelling. Except, glyph of totem of wrath is a pve glyph.

the reason hex is better suited for the job is because your hex, like a sheep, isn't always gauranteed to not take damage, if you run up on a group of individuals and you're with a group of individuals, you CC one with hex, your party of randomly chosen people from different serves may or may not start using AOEs, With glyph of hex it's just that much longer before your hex breaks.

or like i mentioned in my first post, it can used as a quazi-stun, when you approach a loan person, you can use your hex to incapacitate them until they receive 5-6k damage which puts them at a serious disatvantage.

lastly, the most important thing to an elemental shaman in his PVP is his cooldowns, you will not survive without them andif they are all on cooldown you will die 1v1 any one every time(Assumeing gear/skill is relatively the same)

especially if they have their cooldowns and you dont.

you're almost like a rogue with your grounding totem and earthbind totems, elemental mastery and so on. Cooldown management is paramount.

Some tips are use these totems together

fire nova, earthbind, grounding

stoneclaw, grounding

and then all your buff totems as a seperate one.
    Fire nova totem is only usefull in special circumstances, i'll give you an example. All my cooldowns are blown, i've 1v1'd a ret paladin and he's nearly got me owned, i drop fire nova and earth bind and run away, he's immeidatly rooted because of the earth bind and ignores the fire nova, he spends a second to cast his freedom blessing and by that point it's to late, fire nova goes off, stuns him just long enough for me to get off a lightning bolt or some other offensive spell and he dies.

This type of thing happens to me quite a bit, people don't expect fire nova, and it should be used as a last resort, totem of wrath should be your primary totem that is dropped when you are heading into battle.

never -ever- drop earthbind without a reason to, tremor first and foremost and always, Grounding roots all targets within 10 yards for 5 seconds and it should only be used when A) there are many melee in the area you are in or B ) you're being attacked by a melee specifically.

I do agree with a grounding totem is important and should be dropped in your air slot, it has a 45 second duration and a 13 second cooldown, so you should keep that some where on your main bar and drop it frequently, it can be your best friend. It helps prevent death grips, warlock fears, and mage burst.

stone claw might be helpful if it didn't eat your earth totem spot, Tremor totem or earhbind totem are far more valuable and relying on stoneclaw just isn't worth it. in the heat of pvp especially in a battleground, dropping a tremor totem as you run in, could nullify the preist or warlocks fear that's probably already being cast/thinking about being cast on you, which gives you the advantage.

you go at the cost of perhaps needing to waste a global cooldown later to redrop your totems, but i personally would rather get out of a warlocks fear-lock than be worried about my totems having 1.2k more health than they normally do. only really good players will take the time to stomp your totems and as an elemental shaman you have more range than the average class does, 36 yards is a huge distance, your totems strech 30 ontop of that, they could be placed up to 45 yards away from the action, so buffing their life is pretty much not worth it.

your comments lead me to beleive you really havn't got a clue what you're talking about or perhaps aren't that experianced at what you do or are teribly mislead about how to successfully play an elemental shaman.

No offense.

how ever, like i said in my first post, i am open to suggestions and do not claim to be the master at this spec/activity.
    Signature Nazi's suck.

Stonclaw is a very viable glyph , try 3s cleavesw without see how bad you think it is , its awsome against any dots, cleaves and a boubled pally can't hit you throught for a while .
    I tried a lot of defferent glyphs a couple of specs reverb is just to many points spent for a 1 second cd of you're already have a a low cd on them.
    You have a job as an elemental that's burst you need to maxx that out through talents and gemming , if you are an elemental running without water shield up then you never played 3s compatitvly they can last a long time and with all you're talents beeing used for burst maxx. And some def. You don't have any points to waist in mana improvment so water shield is a must ! Those 3s can last a while , with priests mana burning me not my pally or druid , they know better in higher raiting you will need water shield , so improved shields is an absalot waist of points . Improved weapons is a must sp is you're best stat maxx it out .
    At the moment I run with lvb glyph with thunderfall maxxing my lvb out I like it better than hexx + tow glyph . You never have time in arena to spam lb .
    Probably trading out fs glyph with thunderstorm for lower cd on teammate peal offs and sperating healer when I need to .
    Hexx is mostly used in the cc train , if you planning on doing arena there is no place for it in you're glyphs .
    Totem combos , earthbind , nove cleansing , against rogues , dks and warriors , I know cleansing is usless for warriors ...
    Tow , tremor ,grounding , is the combo I drop at the start and against most wizzard based teams , and rpm with cleansing .
    Keep stoneclaw close to you and purging is big against almost any comp , mages for shield and warlocks , pallys freedom and priests . I like to purg fort and kings as well and druid hots on switches , I know it can back fire , most of the time our burst potintial outways it.
    Don't forget you are their to burst and utility with totems that's an elementals job maxx it out ! And play to you're strengths

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

ok, to start with Totem of Wrath is shit in pvp, use Nova for the stun and searing for continuous damage that a lot of dumb ppl dont take care of. ToW is that "ok noone notices me let me snipe" kind of strat so unless your in a very scrambled 5s its not gonna help you.

Second, Earth's Grasp is terrible, your getting 2 yards on EB which is almost nothing. The stoneclaw portion does NOT increase your absorb shield.

Third, improved whields?? WTF get more mana, NOT mana regen, MANA. Things like Convection are important as they will let you go longer WITH mana, same with ancestral knowledge, having mana is important, regening mana is useless (in an arena situation)

to recap, http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#hEI0qfd0tGfhAo0xg0o
    done

p.s. you can allot some points out of Convection into reverb depending on how offensive you are but you only need the 4 talents in hance tree
    Currently writing the Shaman Manifesto. Will include QQ, e-peen blazes, nerfs, and lightning. God damn i love lightning.