Keybind, Classic UnitFrames addict.

Heya guys, I'm not really sure if this is the right place to put my question so please, DONT bash my head in if it's wrong!
    Recently found out that i'm "addicted" to the keybindings that were set years ago and to the classic Blizz unitframes. I use Q and E to strafe which is pretty much a waste of keybinding material, tried to unbind them and play few hours without=failure.
    Also when I tried to switch to a configured version of Pitbull or Xperl the game just doesn't seem right and I end up switching them off.
    Any advices on how to put an end to this?
    P.C: Sorry for the childish english, I'm not used to writing novels like this one here. Cheers! :

Re: Keybind, Classic UnitFrames addict.

hmmmm, totally change your UI. set your movement keys so 'esdf' and keybind everything like that.
    It WILL take a while to get used to it after you've played default for so long, usually leveling a new character with the new UI and keybinds breaks the habit
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    While this feature of the Grimtotem Spirit Guide wasn't exactly intended... - it will still be possible in future for everyone who wishes to tame this NPC to do so.

Personally i like dominos. Very simple, easy to use. A lot of people use Q and E to strafe, myself included. Try binding things to Shift+Q and Shift+E instead. The modifier buttons are a lifesaver when trying to make a lot of bindings without a lot of space.

You must force you to do it. Otherwise, you will eventually go to switch off the addons in use. It takes a little, it maybe hurts, but after the secondo or third time you will begin to like it (you know what I'm talking about....)

Quote Originally Posted by Ernalash
    You must force you to do it. Otherwise, you will eventually go to switch off the addons in use. It takes a little, it maybe hurts, but after the secondo or third time you will begin to like it (you know what I'm talking about....)
    ......creepy >_<
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    While this feature of the Grimtotem Spirit Guide wasn't exactly intended... - it will still be possible in future for everyone who wishes to tame this NPC to do so.

or, you can just play with the default UI. there's nothing bad with it. i use q+e to strafe as well, but do have shift/alt/ctrl + q/e binded. and i do play very good and very competitively, arenas included. use other UIs if you want to; you dont HAVE TO.
    Signature too large

I have everything keybinded, using shift and ctrl as modifier keys, as for UI I just think that classic doesn't show that much as Pitbull...

Quote Originally Posted by laur0511
    or, you can just play with the default UI. there's nothing bad with it. i use q+e to strafe as well, but do have shift/alt/ctrl + q/e binded. and i do play very good and very competitively, arenas included. use other UIs if you want to; you dont HAVE TO.
    Your funny. Standard ui is complete crap. Even blizzard knows this because ALL the new features to their UI come straight from addons.

Why did blizz add floating combat text? Because of SCT/miks/parrot etc.
    Why did blizz add threat meter? Omen.
    Why gear manager? Itemrack/outfitter etc.
    Why more action bars? Flexbar etc.
    Why is there quest info on tooltips? Questhelper, carbonite etc.
    Why did blizz add arena unit frames? Proximo/gladius etc.

I could go on forever. Sadly most of blizzards ui improvements aren't even as good as the addons they were copied from.

craz mate, just because you can't compete without addons with people that use them doesnt mean no one can. i sure as hell am one of those guys that can. oh.. btw, look up arena tournaments in MLG: only default UI permitted. and arena is the pinnacle of skill imho.

but then again you might just be one of those guys that liked the oldschool decursive just because it did everything for you while pressing a single button; gg. i recommend getting yourself one of those addons called "chinese basement prisoner" and make them play for you instead. best addon ever
    Signature too large

Quote Originally Posted by laur0511
    craz mate, just because you can't compete without addons with people that use them doesnt mean no one can. i sure as hell am one of those guys that can. oh.. btw, look up arena tournaments in MLG: only default UI permitted. and arena is the pinnacle of skill imho.

but then again you might just be one of those guys that liked the oldschool decursive just because it did everything for you while pressing a single button; gg. i recommend getting yourself one of those addons called "chinese basement prisoner" and make them play for you instead. best addon ever
    Oh come on, oldschool Decursive was hilarious! Standing around for three minutes on Lucifron whilst spamming Shift+P... hilarious!

I moved my strafe keys to A + D.
    You face not Malchezaar alone, but the legions he commands.

I honestly don't see how any of you guys can use the keyboard for any movement. I've tried and just don't like the feel
    I use my mouse for all my movements I love to use my 2 side buttons for straffing. Then I have 1-6, A-G, C&V as well as
    shift and some ctrl set up with all those letters and numbers.

these are the keys i use on my druid. i wont place the spell since that dosnt matter.

W - front
    S - back
    D - strage right
    S-D
    A - strafe left
    S-A
    E
    S-E
    R
    S-R
    X
    S-X
    F
    S-F
    C
    S-C
    S-spacebar
    S-4
    Q
    S-Q

those are what i use and it works. i suggest somthing like it

Make Q and E keybindings and learn to move by using WAD + mousebutton 2 - It's really important if you wanna be successful in PvP (i guess that's why you're posting in arena section).

As for blizzard unitframe, it's perfectly fine using it. I've been trying out all these kind of unitframe, x-pearl, shadowed unitframe, pitbull etc and haven't really liked them, so go for normal if you wish.
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Twisting+Nether&cn=Ghoruz&gn=Contraction

After following all of the advices I started playing with A and D for strafe, Xperl and rebinded EVERYTHING! Thanks ppl : ;D