15+ Year Old Account

2T7 & 2T9 tanking

i began to wonder does the 5% from 2T7 to lacarate stack whit the 5% on 2T9 so u get like 10% ?

if it does it will probely make lacerate better then swipe so u can rotate mangle lacerate , lacerate

or are it 2 different things ? does the 2T7 only work on the initial dmg and the 2T9 only on the poricdic dmg ?

in that cast its best to let lacerate tick and uuse swipes in the meanwhile
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Re: 2T7 & 2T9 tanking

Good point. But, why would you want 10% more lacerate dmg?
    If you got threatproblems i can understand. But sofar, NOONE every overagroed me on a normal fight, unless they went apeshit before i even had the mob in range, when that happened, i didn't growl =) to teach them what2not do the hard way.
    But imo go with full t8/8.5 or t9, if you're stacking agi, you should have NO problem AT ALL with threat.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

15+ Year Old Account

yeh i am not acutaly concidering it it jsut came ot my mind lol :P
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

10+ Year Old Account

not sure it would actually make a difference as far as threat is concerned... it would give you what? 50-60 damage per tick extra at max?

Probably quite a fair bit less...

I would imagine that they do stack but in reality I think its a mute point. I do find it odd that blizz would reuse a set bonus like that only change the wording some what. Seems like a gross over sight or lack of interest/caring on behalf of bear tanks. Just my thoughts though.

Blizz said they would make some "easy scripted set bonuses" for all the t9 and make them look almost equal for 1 reason.

they didn't care about t9 at all. it was just a filler untill they could get ICC ready

They probably would stack but using higher ilvl items over T7, with increased attackpower/crit would increase your threat quite a bit more than using 2 T7, just a guess though.