Thread: OP healers

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: OP healers

Quote Originally Posted by massivebox
    i agree there might be some comps that require less skill but nevertheless that's no reason to be hating on healers. pillars are there for a reason. deal with it.
    and I do of course, they need to be there we all understand that, im saying all the pillars should go down into the ground basically disapearing like the ones do in orgrimmar arena, they shouldnt be a permanent place to run in a circle because thats not fun, ive seen healers in orgrimmar use a pillar, then cc, snare, time a heal, and make it to another pillar in time to be safe and thats cool because it takes some idea of skill and understanding of the class's and whats happening (awareness) but just a big pillar you can run in a circle around for 40 minutes with a guy running 2 feet right behind you getting "out of line of sight" message over and over and over, even though they can see you right in front of them. Alot of time in these cases it seems the healers strategy is to just annoy till the dps just leaves from annoyance. Its one of the few things in arena that just isnt exciting or fun for anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by chrion
    no not useless, just toned way down, loooong matches till people are oom are not a good thing, the beginning of season 5 felt about right to me
    You mean the same season that was lolburst with horrible balance and 2-3 classes dominating?

Quote Originally Posted by holkim
    Your supposed to use your sorroundings as well.
    lol, "using surroundings well" = running in circles around a pillar? That's not skill.
    the beginning of season 5 felt about right to me
    Hope you're only referring to healers, but just in case anyone forgot that was the age of uber op dks
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy
    To all the "L2Play" sayers, try to kill an equally geared and skilled resto druid. It's not going to happen unless he does terrible, terrible mistakes.
    ^

Healers should have the same chance to kill someone 1v1 as any other guy.

It's ridiculous expecting the healer to die 99% of the time in a 1v1. If I'm able to protect a team I should be able to protect myself - if I'm being focussed I'm already at a disadvantage because I'll be interrupted/counterspelled/kicked/knockback etc. etc.

I play as a disc priest/arcane mage comp, reasonably geared. It is almost impossible to beat a resto druid/destro warlock team. No matter what we do, unless the other team is absolutely useless and makes every mistake they could possibly make, we wont win.

The warlock can just dot dot fear, drain mana - I can't even LoS the drain mana, while the druid just runs around a pillar for half an hour.

The matchmaking system is terrible as well. We're around 1600 rating and we're versing 2200 teams.

gg blizzard nerfing prot holy paladins before season 7 too. They can exploit their way to 2200 rating now, and when they've finally been nerfed it wont matter because they'll already have the gear.

QQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Scourge
    Son, I am not disappoint. You have saved many child today. :')

we can kill them, its just that with certain comps (and not just for my team for alot of teams) you lose to players that arent as good as there rating shows, and they can get cheese wins off of better teams because they make these comps on purpose, for the sole reason that its easy mode, there isnt much to it except pick a target and spam everything you have on it.
    Call me weirdo, but if a healer manages to escape you and your CCs, and at the same time keep his/her team alive, is actually better than you.
    Might be me having played resto druid for 3 years, tho.

Dot like there's no tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnadriel
    Because if it was that way healers would be free food in world pvp as well, and i don't give a f*** if it annoys you in arena, but i ain't gonna be nobody's bitch just cause i like to heal.
    but you shouldnt be a 1 man army either, im not saying a deeps should be able to just 2 shot you and move on like you arent even there, but a healer caught without a team should be in trouble if he doesnt get help in world pvp or BG's.

Quote Originally Posted by Decatrance
    Healers should have the same chance to kill someone 1v1 as any other guy.

It's ridiculous expecting the healer to die 99% of the time in a 1v1. If I'm able to protect a team I should be able to protect myself - if I'm being focussed I'm already at a disadvantage because I'll be interrupted/counterspelled/kicked/knockback etc. etc.

I play as a disc priest/arcane mage comp, reasonably geared. It is almost impossible to beat a resto druid/destro warlock team. No matter what we do, unless the other team is absolutely useless and makes every mistake they could possibly make, we wont win.

The warlock can just dot dot fear, drain mana - I can't even LoS the drain mana, while the druid just runs around a pillar for half an hour.

The matchmaking system is terrible as well. We're around 1600 rating and we're versing 2200 teams.

gg blizzard nerfing prot holy paladins before season 7 too. They can exploit their way to 2200 rating now, and when they've finally been nerfed it wont matter because they'll already have the gear.

QQ
    call out a fear, sheep the lock, fear the druid into the open, pop the shadowpet, holy fire spam offensive cleanse while the mage pew pews? and i agree with the prot pally thing, as soon as bad pallies who couldnt get 1800 before were getting to 2k+ it should have been nerf bat upside the head that week

Sounds like a butthurt RMP member due to finding another comp thats as overpowered as the one he's in.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairu
    Sounds like a butthurt RMP member due to finding another comp thats as overpowered as the one he's in.
    im not in a rogue priest mage comp, i didnt say that, and im not butthurt, like i said im enjoying the arena, just pointing out issues with the system right now in my opinion, so why not try to concentrate on the conversation, instead of being a stereotypical OP attacking mmo champ forum douche.

but you shouldnt be a 1 man army either, im not saying a deeps should be able to just 2 shot you and move on like you arent even there, but a healer caught without a team should be in trouble if he doesnt get help in world pvp or BG's.
    Well the usual deal in world pvp is, you can't kill me, and i can't kill you either. So you just get bored and gtfo. Unless you outgear me, i only think this is a fair outcome. As I said, we don't like being de facto lambs.

Quote Originally Posted by noobadrood
    Call me weirdo, but if a healer manages to escape you and your CCs, and at the same time keep his/her team alive, is actually better than you.
    Might be me having played resto druid for 3 years, tho.
    All the druid has to do to escape my CC's is just shift into travel form and run around a pillar. He already has 3 stacks of lifebloom and a rejuv on the other guy so it's not like the other guys going to die while the druid is feared without his trinket. Also, I played a druid through burning crusade and a few months into wrath, they're pretty OP.

call out a fear, sheep the lock, fear the druid into the open, pop the shadowpet, holy fire spam offensive cleanse while the mage pew pews? and i agree with the prot pally thing, as soon as bad pallies who couldnt get 1800 before were getting to 2k+ it should have been nerf bat upside the head that week
    My shadow pet is on a 5 minute cooldown, fear is 8 seconds if he doesn't trinket, on a 30 second cooldown.

The lock will just avoid us for the 8 seconds while his druid friend recovers (all the while, the warlock has hots keeping him alive from the damage we managed to get in + sacrifice if he really needs it + he can fear away my dps + howl of terror + God knows what else they have.

I could dispel, but I don't have 100% chance to get anything off the target if they have talents (who doesn't) and I have an 8 second window to get the target down so basically, the hots tick away while I either try to dispel them, or get an extra 3 damage in every 3 second from holy fire + mind blast.

Not enough imo.

haha you think restodruids are op?

have fun playing in the higher ratings ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Decatrance
    All the druid has to do to escape my CC's is just shift into travel form and run around a pillar. He already has 3 stacks of lifebloom and a rejuv on the other guy so it's not like the other guys going to die while the druid is feared without his trinket. Also, I played a druid through burning crusade and a few months into wrath, they're pretty OP.

My shadow pet is on a 5 minute cooldown, fear is 8 seconds if he doesn't trinket, on a 30 second cooldown.

The lock will just avoid us for the 8 seconds while his druid friend recovers (all the while, the warlock has hots keeping him alive from the damage we managed to get in + sacrifice if he really needs it + he can fear away my dps + howl of terror + God knows what else they have.

I could dispel, but I don't have 100% chance to get anything off the target if they have talents (who doesn't) and I have an 8 second window to get the target down so basically, the hots tick away while I either try to dispel them, or get an extra 3 damage in every 3 second from holy fire + mind blast.

Not enough imo.
    ive been helping a disc priest buddy get geared up, its not gonna happen on the first fear probably, it will probably be a mess of cc and cd's being popped, running to evoc, running to divine hymn, anytime your in trouble reset the fight, keep calling out the fears, one of them will get the druid out where he doesnt want to be usually just long enough to burst him down. we went 22-9 our first night, the comp is a lot of fun to play

ive been helping a disc priest buddy get geared up, its not gonna happen on the first fear probably, it will probably be a mess of cc and cd's being popped, running to evoc, running to divine hymn, anytime your in trouble reset the fight, keep calling out the fears, one of them will get the druid out where he doesnt want to be usually just long enough to burst him down. we went 22-9 our first night, the comp is a lot of fun to play
    Yeah it's a very fun comp. The only real way that we can ever win is if we lure the lock out far enough away from the pillar the druid is using, then fear the druid and hope that he runs in the opposite direction.

It's impossible to reset the fight because the warlock's felhound is auto attacking me for the entire fight, if we kill the felhound the warlock just summons it back instantly with that demo talent, if we mana burn either of them they'll just get it back with innervate, effectively burning more of my mana in the process. The druid can innervate twice as much as I can shadowfiend, and the felhound will always spell lock me during a divine hymn.

People have no shame, double healing teams in 3v3 are cheesey, prot pallies in 2v2 are skillfree...basically the issues im having with the game lately is the basic design idea that healers should be so powerful, and these cleave teams. Healing class's should be there to keep there team alive a bit longer than they normally would, but any healer thats left alone with a dps should be in serious trouble, he should die 99% of the time. The healer should not be powerful enough to 1v1 anything, running in a circle around a pillar for 40 minutes does not make you any good, every pillar (including the boxes in the sewers) should go down like the pillars in ogrimmar arena to prevent skillfree circle running for insane amounts of time so we can see who is actually better. Theres alot of cheese comps running right now, PMR takes skill on the other hand, offensive cooldown management, CC management, timing, switches, burst, DR management, survival CD management, theres a million PMR teams in the 1500's because its not as easy as they thought when they read about the comp being "OP", the PMR's at 2800 deserve to be there because obviously there very good sick players. On the other hand the double healer cleanse warrior comps, and the cheese cleave comps have amazingly bloated ratings waaaaaaaaay beyond how good they actually are, and thats the thing thats so annoying, these people actually think there 2300 players or whatever rating they are at, but they dont get that after every match the other team is just talking about how cheesey there comp is and how bad they are (trinket sap??!!) EVERYONE just seems to be looking for the easiest way to get a fake bloated rating, basically these bads are trying to cheat as bad as they can to make themselves feel like there good, obviously its blizzards job to balance the game (and it should be balanced for pvp, the side effect that has on pve, whatever, who cares, there just pew pewing boss's) I just want it to be competetive all around. After losing to some of these teams it can be very frustrating to know they are carried completely by there lame comp. Anyway you keep holding in that W key with your eyes closed spamming your buttons mindlessly cleave teams! Ill continue to have fun in the arena, its never going to be perfect but thats whats currently on my mind.
    Ow. My head.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiph
    L2spell
    L2punctuate
    L2paragraph

L2PLAY
    Quote Originally Posted by General_Typhus View Post
    Hi i am any class in the game. To beat me spam icelance and then talk about how skilled you are when the 20k crits roll in.

it sounds to me like somone can't kill a healer... maybe learn to keybind and mouse turn? stop clicking and maybe you can kill a healer??? i mean... if you had some skill, you could put pressure on a healer until theyre oom... but i guess you can't. hope i see you in the arena
    merely-a-setback protodrake

15+ Year Old Account

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

Wall of text crits you for 100,000 damage.

You go blind.

10+ Year Old Account

People have no shame, double healing teams in 3v3 are cheesey, prot pallies in 2v2 are skillfree...basically the issues im having with the game lately is the basic design idea that healers should be so powerful, and these cleave teams. Healing class's should be there to keep there team alive a bit longer than they normally would, but any healer thats left alone with a dps should be in serious trouble, he should die 99% of the time. The healer should not be powerful enough to 1v1 anything, running in a circle around a pillar for 40 minutes does not make you any good, every pillar (including the boxes in the sewers) should go down like the pillars in ogrimmar arena to prevent skillfree circle running for insane amounts of time so we can see who is actually better. Theres alot of cheese comps running right now, PMR takes skill on the other hand, offensive cooldown management, CC management, timing, switches, burst, DR management, survival CD management, theres a million PMR teams in the 1500's because its not as easy as they thought when they read about the comp being "OP", the PMR's at 2800 deserve to be there because obviously there very good sick players. On the other hand the double healer cleanse warrior comps, and the cheese cleave comps have amazingly bloated ratings waaaaaaaaay beyond how good they actually are, and thats the thing thats so annoying, these people actually think there 2300 players or whatever rating they are at, but they dont get that after every match the other team is just talking about how cheesey there comp is and how bad they are (trinket sap??!!) EVERYONE just seems to be looking for the easiest way to get a fake bloated rating, basically these bads are trying to cheat as bad as they can to make themselves feel like there good, obviously its blizzards job to balance the game (and it should be balanced for pvp, the side effect that has on pve, whatever, who cares, there just pew pewing boss's) I just want it to be competetive all around. After losing to some of these teams it can be very frustrating to know they are carried completely by there lame comp. Anyway you keep holding in that W key with your eyes closed spamming your buttons mindlessly cleave teams! Ill continue to have fun in the arena, its never going to be perfect but thats whats currently on my mind.

"Stop," said a loud booming voice. And Rhonin turned around to see it was Bolvar Fordragon, but he was all burned up and shit. He took the helm from Tirion. "I can take no comfort anymore, in the world of the living, for Arthas has burned my genitals off. I shall bear the burden. I shall be the jailer of the damned." - Legendary Knaak Thread