Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: "DKs have enormous... crowd control" - Blizz

Quote Originally Posted by VonGimli
    DKs can quite easily kite any other melee class in the game, including rogues. Its very simple to just use CoI every few seconds so they cant move. CoI is incredibely overpowered.
    I don't PvP, ever, so excuse the ignorance of the answer to this, but if you're blowing frost runes on CoI, how are you actually doing any damage? I mean, I guess you could throw a death coil every 40 seconds. And honestly, what's the point in kiting melee? We are melee, we have little ranged, one of which your excluding by using frost runes on CoI and the other costs 40 runic power.

So yeah, how do we kill and what's the point?

Quote Originally Posted by jai151
    If you're kiting with Chains of Ice then I would think you wouldn't be trying as hard to kill something as you are to buy time. Keep them busy chasing you and then once you can get the rest of your team or group you're in to help, you can turn around and kill. The point of kiting isn't to kill the enemy as much as it is to keep them busy till you can kill the enemy. if they get too close to you, then pop off plague strike if you have desecration spec'd and you can add an extra movement speed decrease on them.

Anyone interested will be accepted. We're looking for members and hope to have a good pleasant gaming environment for anyone interested.
    http://www.swtor.com/guilds/75960/vi...-breeds-mayhem

Ohh i forgot we used Hungering Cold to heal! My bad ¬.¬
    + CoI not a snare i read somewhere? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Faceless
    If you're kiting with Chains of Ice then I would think you wouldn't be trying as hard to kill something as you are to buy time. Keep them busy chasing you and then once you can get the rest of your team or group you're in to help, you can turn around and kill. The point of kiting isn't to kill the enemy as much as it is to keep them busy till you can kill the enemy. if they get too close to you, then pop off plague strike if you have desecration spec'd and you can add an extra movement speed decrease on them.

Unless your in an death coil unholy spam build lol

Quote Originally Posted by Granpa
    We have ZERO crowd control. Chains of Ice does not constitute as crowd control.

Elitist Group addon. Tells you what GS won't!

We have ZERO crowd control.
    stopped reading there
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

15+ Year Old Account

You should of put the title as "DKs have enormous..." then put crowd control in the actual post.

More people would view it...

Chains of Ice does not constitute as crowd control for a melee class sorry.
    Yes, it does.
    Other than that, what other ability that we have could possibly constitute as "crowd control". We can't stun, we can't fear, we can't snare. What is this "enormous" crowd control that Blizzard is talking about? I'm curious to hear this one.
    We have a snare. It's called Chains of Ice. We have a silence. It's called Strangulate. We have an interrupt. It's called Mind Freeze. We have a second interrupt. It's called Death Grip. We have a talentable stun. It's called Gnaw. We have talentable snares in the frost tree. One of them is Hungering Cold, and it doubles as a short-term stun outside that diminishing returns category. The other is a passive slow on our Frost Fever debuff.

You present yourself as the kind of whiny idiot that makes the rest of us death knights look bad. The only crowd control we don't have are fears and knock-aways, because those go directly against our goal of getting victims close to us. We have no disarm because we have the highest armor type available along with damage-soaking cooldowns.

Quote Originally Posted by Bardam

He doesn't even have an arena team ;D
    That elephant is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Savarea

This ^^

CoI, one frost rune.
    Glyph of Heart strike ( Blood ) - Your Heart Strike also reduces the movement speed of your target by 50% for 10 sec.
    Chillbains ( Frost ) - Victims of your Frost Fever disease are Chilled, reducing movement speed by 50% for 10 sec.
    Desecration ( Unholy ) - Your Plague Strikes and Scourge Strikes cause the Desecrated Ground effect. Targets in the area are slowed by 50% by the grasping arms of the dead while standing on the unholy ground. Lasts 12 sec.
    Thats your snare. You have other tools like interrupt, deathgrip and hot cooldowns.
    Now could you answer my question, WHY should you even think about cc?..
    A Possible replacement for Archimonde. Beware all ye landlubbers.

Guess what? l2improvise, bichiz.

I don't PvP, ever, so excuse the ignorance of the answer to this, but if you're blowing frost runes on CoI, how are you actually doing any damage? I mean, I guess you could throw a death coil every 40 seconds. And honestly, what's the point in kiting melee? We are melee, we have little ranged, one of which your excluding by using frost runes on CoI and the other costs 40 runic power.

Depends wut spec u are bud for a start i'm rolling sf2.0 atm plus use this macro /cast bloodtap
    /cast chains of ice
    so i get a free frost rune every 45secs since when blood runes are up im normally using one for pest to apply preasure through aoe and using deaths to spam chains or extra IT if chains is up main damage comes from deathcoils with SofVH

When i was 2h frost (/cry so op and fun those days) u didnt need to use chains since chillblains gave a 50% snare with ff so was imba unfortunatley due to the amount of points needed with dw atm taking chillblains aint viable and 2h frost is dead and buried so much in fact that it felt almost as harsh as my s5 sl/sl lock, yes yes both massivly op but jesus but theres gettting hit with the nerf bat and gettin then some :P

Blood well not sure never pvp'ed with it felt too much like a warrior without mortal strike and no cc but apparently ppl have been having succes with it with armour pen but dunno so wont comment

A lot of you don't know the meaning of the word "crowd control" and obviously don't know what "enormous" means either. Chains of ice merely slows an opponent. The root effect wears off pretty much instantly. Casters can still cast while under the effects of COI, melee can still hit. Their abilities are not completely nullified like they are when a person is stunned or feared (true crowd controls).

Our death grip against casters is merely an "interrupt" nothing else and completely useless against melee classes. Our silence is just that, a silence. Great against casters, but useless against most melee classes, and can only be cast on one target, therefore there is no "crowd" in this control.

Enormous also implies we have an abundance of something. Even if you were to count COI as a "crowd control", that's ONE ability. Hungering cold being the other (which you have to be a specific spec to use) is the other. That makes 2. Where is this ENORMOUS amount of CC blizzard is talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by ralphie
    0/10

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    Rule #84 of WoW: Saying "Rotation" doesn't automatically make you a good player... or even a competent one.

Quote Originally Posted by Kekezor
    CoI, one frost rune.
    Glyph of Heart strike ( Blood ) - Your Heart Strike also reduces the movement speed of your target by 50% for 10 sec.
    Chillbains ( Frost ) - Victims of your Frost Fever disease are Chilled, reducing movement speed by 50% for 10 sec.
    Desecration ( Unholy ) - Your Plague Strikes and Scourge Strikes cause the Desecrated Ground effect. Targets in the area are slowed by 50% by the grasping arms of the dead while standing on the unholy ground. Lasts 12 sec.
    Thats your snare. You have other tools like interrupt, deathgrip and hot cooldowns.
    Now could you answer my question, WHY should you even think about cc?..
    You forgot Hungering Cold + Glyph of Hungering Cold.

DKs have enormous crowd control? Wha?

Did I forget to train a spell or ability or something or is Blizzard on crack? We have ZERO crowd control. Chains of Ice does not constitute as crowd control for a melee class sorry. Other than that, what other ability that we have could possibly constitute as "crowd control". We can't stun, we can't fear, we can't snare. What is this "enormous" crowd control that Blizzard is talking about? I'm curious to hear this one.
    'Can't stun'-Pet stun
    'Can't fear'-I give you that.
    But 'Can't snare'?! Lets see.. Any spec: Chains of Ice, Blood:Heart Strike glyph, Unholy: Desecration and if you are specced Frost: Chillblains to name a few. So on top of your base snare there is also a snare for *each* spec. Less QQ more pewpew kk

OP, in case you haven't figured it out yet, CC has two very different definitions depending on if you're talking about PVP or PVE. In PVP CC is used very loosely to describe any offensive ability that in some way limits or controls what your opponent can do. CC in PVE is generally restricted to abilities that lock down a target that can readily be reapplied.

It lets you reset the fight against melee.
    Rogue opened on you and blown all his cooldowns? NO PROBLEM just CoI him run behind a pole and get healed to full then fight him again.
    Warrior popped bladestorm? NO PROBLEM just CoI him after, run behind a pole and get healed to full then fight him again.
    Melee chasing you healer? NO PROBLEM just CoI them and your healer can go drink.
    It doesn't matter that you do pitiful damage spamming CoI. The fact is you force cooldowns from the opponent and prevent their damage while you CoI. Once you control the pace of the fight then you can go back in and faceroll with all your damage.

Quote Originally Posted by killarth
    there is no snare in the game that is subject to DR

and really COI is powerful but op?

Lets look at 2 more deadly melee snares

rogue crippling poison- if your fighting a rogue this will be on you through auto attacking 70% snare melee range

warrior- hamstring 70% (i think) melee range can be made to imobilize temporarily with talents melee

dk- coi- ranged 95% snare target regains 10% of their movment speed per sec over 10 secs

while it is op, unless refreshed it is a ranged snaremore powerful than a rogue or warriors for 3 secs otherwise it is a minor 50% ish snare that is lessened every sec
    Coi is ranged..end.

You not knowing that hamstring is 50% shows you know NOTHING at all about wow pvp, or wow classes.
    And I really mean nothing. yes you said (I think), though that's really a bigger error that you might personaly think. it's like one og the most well known abilities in pvp:P

That's like not knowingsheep is a casted spell.
    Or not knowing regular ms is 50%.

Clueless people shouldn't be able to post here. really.
    Meh

Quote Originally Posted by phaded
    It lets you reset the fight against melee.
    Rogue opened on you and blown all his cooldowns? NO PROBLEM just CoI him run behind a pole and get healed to full then fight him again.
    Warrior popped bladestorm? NO PROBLEM just CoI him after, run behind a pole and get healed to full then fight him again.
    Melee chasing you healer? NO PROBLEM just CoI them and your healer can go drink.
    It doesn't matter that you do pitiful damage spamming CoI. The fact is you force cooldowns from the opponent and prevent their damage while you CoI. Once you control the pace of the fight then you can go back in and faceroll with all your damage.
    See? This is why I hate PVP. It's a game of annoyance.