Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
LastLast
  1. #61
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,274

    Re: New 11/0/60 Shadow PvE Spec?

    No

    And I can still run out of mana, when doing pointless multi-dotting for meter whoring, to look like a reasonable damage dealer

  2. #62

    Re: New 11/0/60 Shadow PvE Spec?

    I really doubt that the changes to Spirit Tap will stay.

    If the changes do stay, then yeah, there is no reason to have meditation.

    But come on, even I can see that 50% proc rate on mind flay is a little OP. Spirit Tap would never go down...

    EVER

    80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

  3. #63

    Re: New 11/0/60 Shadow PvE Spec?

    I did a little bit of self-buff testing on the ptr, IST looks like it is not at 100% up time but that is with 18% base crit and self buffed. Obviously in raids, out crit will be higher, which would increase the up time.

  4. #64

    Re: New 11/0/60 Shadow PvE Spec?

    Like someone above me said, I run out of mana while multi-dotting. Meditation helps for that.

    Shadow Affinity isn't needed, and I already run with improved spirit tap, thanks.

  5. #65

    Re: New 11/0/60 Shadow PvE Spec?

    Quote Originally Posted by Direshadow
    I really doubt that the changes to Spirit Tap will stay.

    If the changes do stay, then yeah, there is no reason to have meditation.

    But come on, even I can see that 50% proc rate on mind flay is a little OP. Spirit Tap would never go down...

    EVER
    So? It will still provide less mana regeneration than Meditation even if it is up all the time. The difference will be one third less mana regen while casting in exchange for about 15 spellpower.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

  6. #66

    Re: New 11/0/60 Shadow PvE Spec?

    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    So? It will still provide less mana regeneration than Meditation even if it is up all the time. The difference will be one third less mana regen while casting in exchange for about 15 spellpower.
    But with 1/3 Meditation and 2/2 IST, it's the same (well a little better) as 3/3 Meditation on anything that's not "lolsear spam". With 15 free Spellpower.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

  7. #67

    Re: New 11/0/60 Shadow PvE Spec?

    Using dispersion is a DPS loss.
    It also should be kept for times when it would save your life, Ie Valks and not having to change your aura, lol.
    Multi Dotting, especially on targets without JoW is very mana inefficient.
    For Northrend Beasts and Jaraxxus you'll be chain vt/swp spamming on adds.

    Considering going back to IST coz meditation isn't enough without dispersion, I find myself using crazy alch pots just about every fight.

    I read first 2 pages in this thread.
    lol@ raiding without imp shadowform, l2 play
    lol@ thinking Imp ST is a replacement for meditation.
    lol@ people STILL pushing for viable specs for shadow affinity, near useless PvE talent, just let it go.

    Baseline Shadow Priest spec
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...Kn6zfgP,,10433
    5 Talent points to waste whichever way you see fit.

    PH/IF/ImpVE
    ST/IST
    ImpVE/SA

    Done and Done.

    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&n=Strykie

  8. #68

    Re: New 11/0/60 Shadow PvE Spec?

    Not sure why I'm doing this...
    Quote Originally Posted by Strykzor
    Using dispersion is a DPS loss.
    Public Knowledge.
    It also should be kept for times when it would save your life, Ie Valks and not having to change your aura, lol.
    A 90% damage reduction ability that you're telling me to use defensively? *gasp*
    Multi Dotting, especially on targets without JoW is very mana inefficient.
    Should also be public knowledge.
    For Northrend Beasts and Jaraxxus you'll be chain vt/swp spamming on adds.
    Really. Adds in Northrend Beasts. I didn't really think there were any. Oh, you mean the Jormungar. Because, y'know, spamming VT/SWP on one target, then a second, is totally taking all your time before you have to cast another VT/SWP and start over. >.>


    Considering going back to IST coz meditation isn't enough without dispersion, I find myself using crazy alch pots just about every fight.
    IST+Meditation is interesting, and has me wondering if it's on the "too much" category.

    I read first 2 pages in this thread.
    You didn't read the last three.
    lol@ raiding without imp shadowform, l2 play
    True.
    lol@ people STILL pushing for viable specs for shadow affinity, near useless PvE talent, just let it go.
    Meh. It had its time. Now? Not so much.
    lol@ thinking Imp ST is a replacement for meditation.
    Okay. Why?
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

  9. #69

    Re: New 11/0/60 Shadow PvE Spec?

    Stating the obvious a stating the obvious altho informative post loses its effect.

    I didn't really think there were any. Oh, you mean the Jormungar
    Hardmode Snowbolds
    My point for Jaraxxus stays valid.
    IST+Meditation is interesting, and has me wondering if it's on the "too much" category.
    Depends on gear, I for 1 have little spirit, 3peices of gear have spirit for me.
    126 Is5sr to be exact.(unbuffed)
    Okay. Why?
    Because unless the spriest somehow face-planted themselves into every piece of gear having spirit (god knows how) the regen from IST is not enough, nor can it be up 100%, especially during movement or mind sear/multidot happy fights.

    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&n=Strykie

  10. #70

    Re: New 11/0/60 Shadow PvE Spec?

    Quote Originally Posted by Strykzor
    Stating the obvious a stating the obvious altho informative post loses its effect.
    Hardmode Snowbolds
    Shouldn't be bothered DoT'ing up, because your melee's going to gank them fast anyways.
    My point for Jaraxxus stays valid.
    True.
    Depends on gear, I for 1 have little spirit, 3peices of gear have spirit for me.
    126 Is5sr to be exact.(unbuffed)Because unless the spriest somehow face-planted themselves into every piece of gear having spirit (god knows how) the regen from IST is not enough
    Okay, priests don't stack spirit for Meditation, but they still get Meditation which is 50% regen.

    Did you fail third grade math, because honestly, I'm surprised at how you can't understand that 2/2 IST (33%) and 1/3 Meditation (17%) don't equal the same regen. Here's a hint, it adds up to a number between 49 and 51.
    Nor can it be up 100%, especially during movement or mind sear/multidot happy fights.
    On "Multi-DoT" fights, you still are doing more than just VT/SWP with a DP thrown in here and there. You still use your Mind Blast, you still use your Flay. Mind Sear is really the only time you won't have it, I'll admit. Movement can get a little messy, and with the joke that ToC is, we'll just see what Icecrown brings.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

  11. #71

    Re: New 11/0/60 Shadow PvE Spec?

    Shouldn't be bothered DoT'ing up, because your melee's going to gank them fast anyways.
    Its more efficient for Melee to stay on the boss and casters to switch, less dps loss.

    Better for hardmode.

    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&n=Strykie

  12. #72

    Re: New 8/0/63 Shadow PvE Spec?

    The point i'm trying to make Kel is that there is no value swapping those points in Disc to pick up 5/5 ST/IST. From what I can gather, your logic is that our mana pool is sufficient enough not to worry about regen so drop Meditiation and get the same effect from Spirit Tap and get some sort of dps increase while doing it.

    However that dps increase is basically 0... it might cause an extra few hundred damage over an entire encounter... im really pull that figure out of the air but its worth about an extra 7 sp at absolute best and that figure is getting worse with the lack of spirit on new gear (or at least BiS caster gear).

    I'd rather pick up meditation which is a superior regen talent to ST/IST and also get 4% more health and have Imp Fort for the raid. People get Battle Rezzed and it should be the spriest that re-forts them.

  13. #73

    Re: New 11/0/60 Shadow PvE Spec?

    Argument was over on the first page with my comment, why the hell are you lot still arguing? You do realise your argument is effectively what type of steel nail do I want in a single joint (that I will never see anyway) do I want in my wardrobe I'm making.

    It's pointless and irrelevant, you wont notice the difference either way in whatever you do with the 10 'wasted' points in a shadow pve spec, you could take horror for all it mattered and you still wouldn't see any difference on recount.

    However since you lot like arguing over what colour to paint an office door in a skyscraper, you all forgot that a lot of encounters, that require multidotting also trigger proper full spirit tap, get a mindblast + SWD burst and you'll get procs of that.
    'u get constant hit by ice shit from roof so you can travel instantly all across the room'

  14. #74

    Re: New 11/0/60 Shadow PvE Spec?

    Quote Originally Posted by talrob
    Argument was over on the first page with my comment, why the hell are you lot still arguing? You do realise your argument is effectively what type of steel nail do I want in a single joint (that I will never see anyway) do I want in my wardrobe I'm making.

    It's pointless and irrelevant, you wont notice the difference either way in whatever you do with the 10 'wasted' points in a shadow pve spec, you could take horror for all it mattered and you still wouldn't see any difference on recount.

    However since you lot like arguing over what colour to paint an office door in a skyscraper, you all forgot that a lot of encounters, that require multidotting also trigger proper full spirit tap, get a mindblast + SWD burst and you'll get procs of that.
    I came here to say pretty much this. But since I'm here...

    This has got to be the stupidest thread I've ever seen. One of you arguing geniuses please tell me how 14/0/57 can be improved. You idiots are arguing a moot fucking point. You can have ALL talents that increase dps, AND meditation and IST AT THE SAME TIME! As an added bonus you get Imp SF! Holy shit! Why doesn't everybody have this build? Oh wait they do.

  15. #75

    Re: New 11/0/60 Shadow PvE Spec?

    Wow, how smart of you! You like.. TOTALLY made it! But wait.. waait.. you left out something in the build. Oh, you forgot survivability talents and focused mind (which is more regen). Oh damn, and you were so close ;(

  16. #76
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,274

    Re: New 11/0/60 Shadow PvE Spec?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    Shouldn't be bothered DoT'ing up, because your melee's going to gank them fast anyways.
    You ARE aware of the Snowbolds apply a Mortal Strike effect in hardmode right? And you would need to apply at least SW:P to get proper Mind Flay damage, and applying DP as well for the initial burst. This cost a lot of mana!

  17. #77

    Re: New 11/0/60 Shadow PvE Spec?

    I raid without ST+IST and ive had never mana problems except Yogg +0.

    The Uptime atm makes this talent not worth 1Point....and we need 5.

    I skilled aggro reduce which isnt necessary most of the time but i feel more comfortable with it, I can start aoE rly fast while fade would cost me a GCD ;> And so, I still have 2 Points left which i put into imp vE.

    I dont know if the buff makes IST really worthy. I doupt an uptime from 100% , I exspect ~70% when moving is involved. (medidation is "always" up)

    ive got around 800 Spirit right now and I guess it will dropp a little with colo gear. So I´ll get 80spirit which is 24Spellpower and some no needed manaregen for 5 Points.

    In Collo mana wont be an Issue, but dont know about Icecrown.

  18. #78
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,274

    Re: New 11/0/60 Shadow PvE Spec?

    If you don't find mana a issue now, I don't think you're re-casting the expensive spells for min/maxing of performance.

    Not that I think that should be necessary either, but it depends how much damage-meters judge how many raid spots you get.

  19. #79

    Re: New 11/0/60 Shadow PvE Spec?

    Yes I do

  20. #80

    Re: New 11/0/60 Shadow PvE Spec?

    I too have to say that i've never experienced mana issues and I put a lot of effort into trying to get my priority/rotation as perfect as can be, which means i'm operating at maximum mana burn.

    There have been encounters where I need to fiend and utilise dispersion more diligently, perhaps even drink the occasional mana pot... but I don't consider that going oom. Going oom is if I don't get an innervate i'm going to have to start wanding... that's never occured.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •