Thread: Worst corpsrun

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Worst corpsrun

Quote Originally Posted by deathbysushi-(-_-)-
    res sickness... ive noticed no one takes it.... id rather do that then walk as a wisp the whole time ( if you had a mount or near a fp or boat...)
    Page 1. I took rez sickness over walking.
    You will find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by Eis
    I once jumped off Winterspring to Azshara, landed on a ledge in between.. and went to a GY in Azshara. I ran all the way back to my corpse, through Ashenvale, Felwood, and Winterspring. 50minutes. But man, I got some sweet screenshots of that area.
    oh yea, had that happen in between darkshore and felwood as well. also un'goro and tanaris.
    I just shouldn't jump off everything and be little more patient instead.
    the ensidia ban was clever marketing

oh noes, someone is using engineering

Getting summoned to the top of nagrand arena. Getting gang raped. Running over to realize I can't get up. Spirit healer disappeared from map so I was running around nagrand for 15 minutes to find it. Thankfully The guys that did it got banned for grieving other players
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    If someone could transform Satan's anus into a potent powder, I would totally snort it.

Deleted

i have had many bad corpseruns starting at 2.4.2 and up...

i have died frequently in RFK/RFD while level-appropriate. hoofing it from camp T. can be bad.

my shaman alt died in the cave for the cat's eye diamond. i had to hoof it all the way from a graveyard near the road from Xroads to durotar.

and as mentioned before, i once made a female night elf hunter and descided to jump her off the darnassus waterfall. i missed my jump and fell right next to where i needed to be, all the way to the bottom of the tree. i went all the way back to rut'theran and took the teleport, then spirit rezzed.

also, before the twins teleport, dying on C'thun was also a P.I.T.A. you had to run all the way from cenarion hold to AQ, and then past all those corridors where it was easy to get lost.

i have not yet really had long graveyard runs so far, that is the fun of being a late player (i started around february 2008). although the SW corpserun for horde is nervewrecking. you can't just AFK run there. you respawn at the graveyard in the far east, and SW is in the far west.

Back at 60 when Ferelas only had 1 graveyard...my guild tried a couple attempts on the world dragon at the top of the zone (Ysondre) and wiped. You basically had to run across the entire zone of Ferelas, lengthwise, to get to your corpse.

The other time, I jumped off the side of Tel Drassil with my friend, and the wall is curved on the way down, so I died from fall dmg about half way down the wall. I release, my wisp spawns in the Darnassus GY, I run over to the wall whereI died, jump off, and miss the "Accept" button on the way down, cause im only in range of my corpse for 1 or 2 sec. I had to walk around the island and back up. Bleh.
    The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it. - George Bernard Shaw

Shadow Labyrinth after a Murmur-wipe.

I don't need to say anymore.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

15+ Year Old Account

As a horde dyinh at the back of Stormwind.. Bliizard don't want us to fight in each others cities which really annoys me tbh
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...losophy/simple
    Philosophy, Worgen Mage of Magtheridon EU.Mokari, Nelf Hunter of Magtheridon EU (AKA Shikari @ Achindoun). [Currently inactive]

Quote Originally Posted by Coronius
    Shadow Labyrinth after a Murmur-wipe.

I don't need to say anymore.
    This is made doubly worse by the fact that if you can't kill him on your first shot, you're probably making that run more than once.
    I'm your maker, not thy saviour.

Twins in AQ40 with no bug mount.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by cast
    Twins in AQ40 with no bug mount.
    Ooooooh, ouch. But I have to say it was to the Illidari Council for me.

10+ Year Old Account

/thread here

Back when you can cast while stealthed, me and my brother used to go to the horde flight path in Felwood. We would shadowmeld and mind control any horde that landed, or attempted to fly away and jump them off the cliff into Darkshore. The fall would kill them.

Their spirit would end up in the graveyard north of Auberdine. Their body would be way up in the cliffs. From here you have two choices:
    1. Take a spirit res and tons of durability loss (which hurt back then as gold was a bitch to come by for all but the hardcore).
    2. Corpse run all the way through Darkshore, through Ashenvale, and halfway up Felwood in order to drop to your corpse again. Upon doing so needing to drop down into the main part of Darkshore a decent ways away from any flight path.

Yeah, we're assholes.

15+ Year Old Account

1. Like previously stated, AQ wipes without bug mounts.

2. Fall off Tanaris into Un'Goro (looks like you can step further but for some reason you slip) and die, release in Un'Goro and forced to run up to Tanaris and fall in the exact same spot.

3. Horde deaths in Stormwind aren't fun.
    "Whether the world's greatest gnats, or the world's greatest heroes, you are still only mortal."
    "You fear that which you cannot control. But can you control your fear?"

Quote Originally Posted by Trollpatrol
    This is made doubly worse by the fact that if you can't kill him on your first shot, you're probably making that run more than once.
    Crappy group + Shadow labs = The longest instance run you've ever done in your life.

It didn't happen more than like once or twice though, since I stopped PUGing a few months into TBC.
    You die.
    You are dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Coronius
    Crappy group + Shadow labs = The longest instance run you've ever done in your life.

It didn't happen more than like once or twice though, since I stopped PUGing a few months into TBC.
    BRD full clear = longest run in your life (at the lvl)
    Signature not acceptable (e.g. too large), read http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/important-signatures/ - Regards, Olison

10+ Year Old Account

Fell through the world when trying to get beneath stormwind and let my corpse fall (horizontally) across the map till i got to STV released and decides to try and get back to stormwind and do it again in ghost form to rez. Didnt work wasted 2 hours.....
    "Warlocks do not play the game to have fun, they are merely there to make sure no one else has any." -Sun Tzu: The Art of Warlock

I died in the forest section of Blade Edge, and spawned all the way on the other side, I then decided to be dumb, and run on the edge, only to fall down, and have to run all the way around, to the spot I spawned at first, and run all the way back up.

I think that took me no less than 20 minutes.

RFC corpse runs suck.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We have made no secret that we haven't happy with the paladin gameplay on live (Source)

I died during a Mimiron attempt, my ghost spawned in Dalaran.

Quote Originally Posted by yaij9841
    BRD full clear = longest run in your life (at the lvl)
    Ah, you're probably right. That instance is so long, I've never in my life completed a full run.

On the other hand, Shadow Labs heroic was alot harder on level 70 than BRD was on level 60. But that's my opinion.
    You die.
    You are dead.

Trying to explore Darnassus (for the achievement), only to get killed on the boat just before it arrived. I ended up in some shitty GY near Exodar. So I decided to run to my corpse (I mean, you can run over water, right?) ... I got stuck on the map, had to run ALL the way BACK to the boat, just to take it to Darnassus ... to find out my corpse managed to sink through the world. Was a fun 2 hours after which ... I could go and explore the Exodar island >_>