Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Forest Song - Ashenvale

I wonder if, since the worlds timeline is being moved forwards, Forest Song in eastern Ashenvale will finally be a finished and fully functioning Draenei/Nelf outpost?

Re: Forest Song - Ashenvale

in eastern Ashenvale there is an alliance questhub called Forest Song. At the moment some of the quests there involve draenei and silverwing sentinel nelfs trying to set up an outpost.

Since with Cataclysm all of the zones are going to be moving forwards in time (read be blown up to various degrees), as in Ashenvale we already know that on the Zoram strand there will be a new fortified horde outpost, and astranaar will come under attack from windriders, so I am wondering if the alliance is getting a new fortified outpost in that zone as well, namely Forest Song.

I would imagine the Alliance outpost to be updated, similar to how the Zoram'Gar outpost for the Horde will be updated in Cataclysm.

New Horde outpost will overlook Darkshore, while the Alliance outpost will overlook Azshara [Because of it becoming the new Goblin settlement]

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Snownova
    I wonder if, since the worlds timeline is being moved forwards, Forest Song in eastern Ashenvale will finally be a finished and fully functioning Draenei/Nelf outpost?
    No, The Horde will fully own Ashenvale and Azshara

My Armory
    TBH, I really like cookies.

Quote Originally Posted by Runis707
    No, The Horde will fully own Ashenvale and Azshara
    No, they will have MORE of Ashenvale and goblins having Azshara as their second zone.

Quote Originally Posted by mattis
    I really don't know why you should give so much thought and time about whats going to happen in the game. lets just wait and see
    I was questing there on my alt last night, and the sight of draenei and night elves working together to build a settlement touched me. I'm just very curious how a proper draenei-built settlement would look (one that isnt scrap metal gathered from a crashed naaru keep, or half ruins infested with demons/orcs/broken)

I was questing there on my alt last night, and the sight of draenei and night elves working together to build a settlement touched me. I'm just very curious how a proper draenei-built settlement would look (one that isnt scrap metal gathered from a crashed naaru keep, or half ruins infested with demons/orcs/broken)
    Well telredor in zangarmarsh may be an hint.

expect it to be the first thing destroyed by the emerald dream dragons just next to it
    the ensidia ban was clever marketing

oh noes, someone is using engineering

No were did it say horde Owned Ashenvale. It said that they was able to take most of it/push the front line.

Forest Song might become the allaince base in Ashenvale that has not been conqured yet. Thought, if Ashenvale was all horde, where would the elves or dreanei go to level from 20-30? THINK OF THE ELVES MAN!

Thought hopefully this means that they are going to remove WSG and replace it with a more fun version of capture the flag some were else.

Quote Originally Posted by Augrelle
    Thought hopefully this means that they are going to remove WSG and replace it with a more fun version of capture the flag some were else.
    I don't think they will remove the battleground that is played most of the game. I think it there will be night elf settlements in Ashenvale. Remember we only know:
    - that Zoram Strand gets fortified by Horde
    - that Astranaar gets destroyed by Horde
    - that Warsong Lumbercamp will grown bigger.

More info is not yet revealed. So a possibility is that Alliance gets the druid camp at the border of Felwood and Ashenvale. Another possiblity is that the alliance have a fortified Silverwing Outpost. Even the that Forest Song outpost can be fortified as well. Ashenvale will mostly Horde, but that will not say that Alliance lost all of Ashenvale.

I doubt that the night elves would give up ashenvale so easily.

Maestra's Post might be expanded as well, being the first questhub that an alliance toon coming from darkshore would stumble upon.
    Possibly even as a replacement for Astranaar?
    Ashenvale is pretty big, so i'd think they will leave it at at least 2 flight masters for each faction.
    And since southern Kalimdor is mostly higher level zones, Ashenvale probably won't change in level, or at least not much.

Well we really dont know if Astranaar really gets destroyed, all we see is it burning. I mean it might become a battleground? That burning couldve been phased?

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/catac.../ss1_hires.jpg

If you take a look at that screenshot, theres just fire on the buildings, but the buildings themselves arent charred and destroyed, burnt to the ground. Dont you think the horde wouldve done that if they captured it officially? But then again, maybe using phasing technology they do destroy Astranaar... but who knows.. I think it might become a thing where the night elves will have to fight off the horde and defend it now and then.

Forest Song will be a fully functioning - and kick ass - troll village. It will surround a small lake formed by night elf and dranei tears.

Quote Originally Posted by Anjin
    Forest Song will be a fully functioning - and kick ass - troll village. It will surround a small lake formed by night elf and dranei tears.
    Thats not hardcore enough, your supposed to say, " A lake formed by night elf and draenei blood." Well I wouldnt mind if the horde captured it anyways, then itll be more fun taking it back.

I think history speaks for itself on how hard it is to dislodge a Darkspear from a land they claim as their own...

...yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by mattis
    I really don't know why you should give so much thought and time about whats going to happen in the game. lets just wait and see
    Because it's fun to speculate?

It seems to me that Ashenvale gets pretty owned by the Horde from the footage/shots we've seen. Astranaar gets burned and Silverwind Refuge gets taken over. I am uncertain the Alliance are going to be granted a new stronghold, especially so near to Orgrimmar which is itself being fortified.

Any actual Draenai settlement built from scratch would probably look like Telredor/Shattrath/Altar of Sha'tar with a nice Azerothian flavor.

There are more important matters at hand, like the completion of the bridge in Redridge.

:P

Hahaha

The horde is gonna own Ashenvale, so most likely it will be gone.