Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Cast Time dots are fail?

I rolled destro a long time ago because I thought having a cast time for DoT was crap... and it is! So many classes have fear immune abilities its crazy! Y should a lock have a the same cast time for a DoT as a mage or shaman which does direct damage?

The fact of "no burst" is true, besides an instant SB every now and then...

You forgot to mention being silenced! Shadow is the only school and aff use, so if u can locked out of that school u can't use anything for 4-8 seconds!

Since they will never change this, my advice is to roll destro, burst is insane and 1v1 you will be able to hold ur own against ANY class... U mentioned rogues... just seduce them when u get CS, if they trinket seduce again, and now they don't have a trinket! Shadowfury, fear (will only be 2 sec but will give u more distance) then light them up!

Quote Originally Posted by taurenburger
    L2Teleport and you got more time, make a fear (twice maybe, because of pvptrinket), then DoT up

Never played a warlock, though, but that is what might be the best solution to me
    This is why you should shut the fuck up.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg
    This is why you should shut the fuck up.
    what he said

Quote Originally Posted by Xylia
    Haunt is a poor 51 pointer compared to abilities like Killing Spree
    LOL ( since when did KS get good in pvp situations...) you obviosly dont play a rogue ( not many people use the bottom talents for rouges in pvp ...)
    This user has been banned.

hey how about this go destruction cast chaos bolt , immolate, incenerate incenerate should be dead if not, shadowfury, fear, immolate,incenerate, chaos bolt... L2P

cast time dots are fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Haunt: Does dmg when it hits the target, and heals you when it ends.
    Imo, haunt having a casttime is only fair and it have never been a issue for me (yes i play a warlock).

For the rest of a afflictionwarlock's arsenal, the only casttime we have (that is worth discussing) is on our normal fear and on UA. I rly dont see the problem with that, and comparing it to a rogue? lol... you cannot compare a caster to a melee, no need to prove me otherwhise.

UA casttime: It's a heavy dot that can crit, it also have a dispelprotection (silence the dispeller). If thats not enough reason for it to have a casttime, then I dont know what to tell you.
    Oh, and FYI.. if blizzard ever made UA into a instantcast, best bet is on that they would remove the silence part about it.

Quote Originally Posted by deathbysushi-(-_-)-
    LOL ( since when did KS get good in pvp situations...) you obviosly dont play a rogue ( not many people use the bottom talents for rouges in pvp ...)
    I see KS in arena a lot, and ran premades with a combat rogue last night and it was sick... do u play a rogue?

Quote Originally Posted by deathbysushi-(-_-)-
    hey how about this go destruction cast chaos bolt , immolate, incenerate incenerate should be dead if not, shadowfury, fear, immolate,incenerate, chaos bolt... L2P
    And u obviously don't have a lock, so don't come here to give ur 2 cents when u don't have a clue what u are talking about!

I thought it was decided that no warlock that includes a QQ about Bladestorm in his post is to be taken seriously?
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat
    I thought it was decided that no warlock that includes a QQ about Bladestorm in his post is to be taken seriously?
    lol, dunno when that was decided :P but i have to agree.

Dots in general are pretty terrible. Respec a spec that matters. Either destruction if you are after personal dps or demonology if you are trying to help the raid and your raid doesn't have a demonology warlock.
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Merlinsback
    I see KS in arena a lot, and ran premades with a combat rogue last night and it was sick... do u play a rogue?

And u obviously don't have a lock, so don't come here to give ur 2 cents when u don't have a clue what u are talking about!
    i meant bg's ( yes i do have a rogue) and yea i have a lock to, so what ev's 1v1 situantions destro locks are prettty op ( other than with warrior or a rogue ) ( also i havent played my lock since the resilience change so idk maybe you are right about me not having a clue GET OVER IT ...  also about the ks thing most rogue will tell you ( if there 2000 or higher in arena's and its not 5's) that ks isnt that worth it right now i think its prep mut... and 5's it probably is ks idk i dont use its more of a pve thing

Quote Originally Posted by Daez
    Dots in general are pretty terrible. Respec a spec that matters. Either destruction if you are after personal dps or demonology if you are trying to help the raid and your raid doesn't have a demonology warlock.
    He is talking about cast-time dots in regards to PvP*

instant casts dots would do one thing, make affli THE pvp spec... you would just run out dot up and piss of behind the nearest pillar or wall dishing out your dmg...

Yes it sucks that affli is an easy target for some classes, but instant cast is not going to make you harder to kill, correct play and use of your abilities... THAT will make you harder to kill..

Instant UA and haunt would be imbalanced. A warlock could literally run around and dot everything up. Not a single caster in the game can do anything like that.

Quote Originally Posted by acidragoon
    Instant UA and haunt would be imbalanced. A warlock could literally run around and dot everything up. Not a single caster in the game can do anything like that.
    Isn't that the point? So every class is different? And locks did do that in tbc fyi... sl/sl remember?

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Having every dot be instant cast would be boring. It's not like 1.5 sec (less with haste) is a long cast time, anyways. At least the way it is now you need a little skill in planning your dots.

Cast time/instant/cast time/instant

It sounds like you would also want Seed of Corruption to be instant, too, huh?
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Quote Originally Posted by Merlinsback
    Isn't that the point? So every class is different? And locks did do that in tbc fyi... sl/sl remember?
    And there was a reason that sl/sl was the generic warlock pvp spec, and so hated. It was faceroll.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

Quote Originally Posted by Helansin
    instant casts dots would do one thing, make affli THE pvp spec... you would just run out dot up and piss of behind the nearest pillar or wall dishing out your dmg...

Yes it sucks that affli is an easy target for some classes, but instant cast is not going to make you harder to kill, correct play and use of your abilities... THAT will make you harder to kill..
    This is true. This is pretty much why sl/sl build dominated like crazy in TBC. Well that and the fact that it was incredibly oped.
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

i'm sure sl/sl dominated because the heal ignored mortal strike debuff and wound poison.

also wasn't soul link reducing damage taken more and there wasn't people going around with 100% armor penetration procs and buff shit?

and to the other guy, haunt has a cooldown so you can't "spam" it on people, and if you "dot other players" you won't have the 20% damage buff from it.