Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: Cast Time dots are fail?

Quote Originally Posted by cloud_strife
    Ok to the previous post...

SO you admit that warlocks are easily killed by rogues .
    Ok this is not important to you because it is 1v1.
    Have it ever crossed your mind that in a 2v2 arena team with lets say for example :
    group 1 -----warlock -disc priest ---
    group 2 -----rogue -disc priest ---

who is going to win? the rogue that has lot more cc and stuns or the warlock who wont be able even to run after the caster due to crippling poison and all the stuffs that makes the rogue op against him?
    My point is 1v1 imbalance leads to imbalance in 2v2 3v3 and everywhere. What I would like to see is players compete for skill and winning meaning something more than having the op specc of the op class and spam stuns and fears...
    Not to mention that a couple of good friends of mine are rolling Disc Priest/Afflic Lock and are doing very well in the 2's bracket, better so than when the Disc Priest was with a rogue friend of ours. It all depends on how well you play the class/spec in the given bracket.

Bottom line: Complaining about Afflic? Can't make it work? Practice more, respec, or get used to it.

Oh, and for the 51-point talent comment. Dispersion? A giant, black fart that is still CC'able and silences the casting Priest for the duration. Great talent, imo.

what's the point? honestly, i got

1001 resilience = 10.62% less damage taken and reduce chance to be crit, 23.36% less crit damage taken

soul link glyphed = 25% split with demon

armour with demon armour buff = 4186 (21.56% reduced physical damage)

6% reduction with Molten Skin talent.

and yet a rogue is able to take me to 40-50% health before i can even fucking move? once i do gain control i'll have 50% less heals, 30% longer cast times? followed by kick, cloak of shadows to top it off.

a death knight can interrupt you, then use strangulate ability, and then pop anti magic shell, followed by icebound fortitude. if you even try to run or teleport you'll be death gripped. instant cast, superior face roll heals too, fucking absolutely pathetic

why do we still have spell push back? do you think melee need more handicaps?

UA should be kept on cast time, due to its dispel protection nature.

Haunt is debatable atm.

There are some points worth mentioning about this spell:
    1. Cast-time based Direct damage spell dealing the target for dmg equilivent to immolate direct dmg portion, and provides 20% boost to all lock dot damage, heals the lock for 100% dmg dealt from haunt.
    2. This spell triggers shadow embrace(stacks two times to work at full strength). The only other spell capable of applying it is shadow bolt.
    3. Has a bolt-like travel time b4 landing on target, unlike other DOTs.
    4. Has a short cooldown.
    5. Affliction damage, currently is balanced around ALWAYS having 2x shadow embrace & haunt debuff on the target. Damage without the required debuffs will deal pathetic dmg.

As the result, either one of the following can be desirable adjustments to the spell, as post 3.1 did nerf the spec significantly.
    1. Allow UA to apply Shadow Embrace.
    2. Remove cast time of the spell.
    3. Remove the travel time of the spell, allow instant apply of the debuff when casted, just like UA at its current state.

Quote Originally Posted by Xylia
    what's the point? honestly, i got

1001 resilience = 10.62% less damage taken and reduce chance to be crit, 23.36% less crit damage taken

soul link glyphed = 25% split with demon

armour with demon armour buff = 4186 (21.56% reduced physical damage)

6% reduction with Molten Skin talent.

and yet a rogue is able to take me to 40-50% health before i can even fucking move? once i do gain control i'll have 50% less heals, 30% longer cast times? followed by kick, cloak of shadows to top it off.

a death knight can interrupt you, then use strangulate ability, and then pop anti magic shell, followed by icebound fortitude. if you even try to run or teleport you'll be death gripped. instant cast, superior face roll heals too, fucking absolutely pathetic

why do we still have spell push back? do you think melee need more handicaps?
    Well at least spell pushback is not as horrible as it was in BC. Changing pushback was one of the few things they did right with wotlk.

And yes, meeles have waaaay to many tools against caster. And they do way more damge (beside destro/ele burst, their substained damage is horrible). And they scale way better.

Maybe we will see changes in Cataclysm, but i think the game will turn world of meelecraft in Cataclysm again.