Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted

Re: Blizz planning to remodel old races? Read here

Quote Originally Posted by Vasti
    The fact that everyone and their grandma (sorry for generalization) expected new haircuts and other barbershop features to be released more often (Like with every major patch)

But what if......

The reason they haven't done it yet, si ebacuse they ahte to make new haricuts for models that will be outdated soon?
    It could explain why druid forms got remodeled before old races as these remodelings dont get obsolete when Cataclysm (Or some major patch) hits and old races are remodeled.

And if you think a bit further.....we haven't seen the dance studio yet, tough it was promised for WotLK.
    Perhaps its because they ahte to make dances for soon to be obsolete models, or they are to busy remodeling the old races, isntead of creating new dances.

Well Blizzard, am I on the right track?
    I would love it if the races would get a remodeling. It would match with the old content zones getting an upgrade.

EDIT:

Also this could explain the recycled haircuts. Blizzard didnt want to spend too much time on new haircuts for a soon to be out of date model, so they simply recycled hairstyles in preparation for the new models.
    I mean even Blizzard shudve known that their would be lots aQQ about them being lazy by doing this. So thats why I think we will get remodeled old races.

Blizzard better not dissapoint me now

EDIT 2:

What if blizzard is changing the way we can customize our char, by adding options to determine, height, muscle tone, fat% etc etc etc.
    Now I know this sounds crazy but bear with me.
    You already read my theories on why the haircuts and dances were postponed and the "new" haircuts were recycled ones.
    Now if Blizzard would actually remodel the races for Cataclysm, I'm sure they'd make a big deal out of it in the cataclysm trailer, like they did with haircuts,dances in wotlk trailer.

So why havent they then?
    I'll tell you why, becasue its NOT gonna be in Cataclysm!
    It's gonna be in Patch 3.3 or 3.4!!!!

That concludes the theory, if you want to get convinced and don't mind to read some more, please continue reading.

The dances are slated for WotLK, so if races get remodeled it should happen before or at the same time as the new dances are being released. Else theyd create dances for an obsolete model etc etc etc.
    The reason it takes this long is because they want to add the other customization options in too (the lenght and muscle tone etc etc etc)

Recently, blizzard stated, that Ulduar was a major raid patch, Call of the Crusade was a minor raid patch and that they didnt want us to think this is a pattern. Now why would they say it (from here one,
    crazy conspiracy theories are born)
    They say it because they dont want us to expect a HUGE raid isntance in a patch when they are bringing updated models. They dont want the raiders to get dissapointed. So they are preparing us for a patch with not alot ot raid content or pve contenr, but with alot of models/spells/gfx upgrades (yeah I jsut threw in spells/gfx for the heck of it, I mean some effects are jsut ugly and with new models will look very UGLY)

Then the reason they released the druid forms upgrades is to see how glad we are with them and to determine if race remodeling will be development time well spent. (and new druid models are a succes)
    They then proceeded telling us that they will upgrade the other forms too, so that when we get remodeled races we will be liek: "OMG WTH AMAGAWD!!!!! COOL AWESOMEEE!!!1111oneoneone"
    They don't want us to expect it else the suprise will be gone! (Even cataclysm was leaked b4, so this is their last attempt at a suprise, to make us forget about AiON etc etc etc)

So this is my reason for thinking that Call of the Crusade was a minor patch so that they could work on the models, dances and hairstyles for 3.3 or perhaps 3.4.

3.2.2 is also a stalling patch because they need more time to create the models.
    I mean an ONY revamp, under the disguise of 5th aniversaary, good one Blizz, but I am on to you >.>

Perhaps they had this idea for remodeling races a long time ago and this would explain why we see armor sets being recycled so often in WoTLk. Becasue the sets needed a quik look for untill the new models would be released. They didnt want to spend too much time on a items looks when it will become obsolete in that same expac.

Anyway, we need more people CLAIMING that they believe this (because we all know that even if Blizz did no such thing, they will see the peoples expectations for new models and they would have no other choice! (The customer is always right!))

So are you with me!?

Please tell me English isn't your native language. Actually forget that its the typos that gave me the headache.

they already did in wrath... not mutch... but they did! and maybe will in cata. who cares now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cluck View Post
    2pc: An awesome looking set of wings appears and flaps once from time to time.
    4pc: Doubles the chance of the 2pc bonus occurring.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishmur

And if they ever consider updating models, I'd be pleased with changes like Sylvanas had.

well thats not really a race modelchange. they just replaced the nightelf with a belf!...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cluck View Post
    2pc: An awesome looking set of wings appears and flaps once from time to time.
    4pc: Doubles the chance of the 2pc bonus occurring.

Quote Originally Posted by eb88
    well thats not really a race modelchange. they just replaced the nightelf with a belf!...
    Still, they gave her unique armor and gear. That sure counts for something.

Quote Originally Posted by eb88
    Yes, and the improvment cant really be questioned by comparison, can it?

Allmighty Metzen! Bless us, and send new models that wont make human males look like something that make "Ken dolls" laugh at us!

Cataclysm is the closest we get to Warcraft 2 so I'm sure there will be a major overhaul.

"Hey, you know what's even cooler than triceratops? Every other dinosaur that ever existed."

yeah, we need our chest armour and other such pieces to be actual models, not just skins that cover the body mesh.

They will be redoing the textures 100% positive of that one, the models maybe not.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Ishmur
    And if they ever consider updating models, I'd be pleased with changes like Sylvanas had.

But wasn't Sylvanas a Highelf? I reckon they updated all Highelves from the Nightelf look to the Blood Elf look, as they are supposed to be looking like.

Quote Originally Posted by Proberly
    But wasn't Sylvanas a Highelf? I reckon they updated all Highelves from the Nightelf look to the Blood Elf look, as they are supposed to be looking like.
    Sure but what's your point?

he's saying if they ever update player models he'd like them to be of that standard.

Also the Sylvanas model isn't JUST a Belf player model with different armour on i don't believe. Sure it's based off the same model but i'm pretty sure her model is unique, though all other high elves in game are just substituted night elves for blood elves + blue eyes as you say.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Rosencratz
    Sure but what's your point?

he's saying if they ever update player models he'd like them to be of that standard.

Also the Sylvanas model isn't JUST a Belf player model with different armour on i don't believe. Sure it's based off the same model but i'm pretty sure her model is unique, though all other high elves in game are just substituted night elves for blood elves + blue eyes as you say.
    True that ^^. Yes, an update to old models would be gr8, but I can hardly see it ever coming :/

They should add tatoos

Bezog

Quote Originally Posted by Omians
    the orc in stonetalon mts. in the cata pics has the main parts of his body covered in tattoos no other Orc has that http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/catac...nshots.html#13 so maybe tattoos will be added soon?
    Tattoos were first implemented in tBC, WotLK just added a few more. I don't see it becoming a customization option in the near future.
    Sylvannas and Alexstrasza share the same model. Trufax.

That would defiantly be a smart move on Blizzard's part to make your characters feel more like "your" characters and make them unique. Really hope they go through with it

15+ Year Old Account
    not enough facepalms for the fail in this thread.

also, people quoting that terrible picture of that, thin, mongolian-looking green man, thinking that looks bad-ass, i'm sorry but you're playing the wrong game if you want Orcs to look like that.

i like my orc gigantic and burly, not a buff guy with his skin painted green and chest hair with super enormous mario gloves.

Deleted
    Necroooooo

15+ Year Old Account
    Necro bad.