Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...

Re: Mind Sear is so OP!

here's a couple of ideas i came up with.

1. remove the overriding factor from improved faerie fire/misery and let both debuffs be on the target. that 15% on mind blast and mind flay might actually mean something. right now imp faerie fire overrides misery =(. the +3 percent hit is fine to override but the effect it gives us isn't overpowered and would actually help our dps quite a bit.

2. redo the mind flay glyph. (i posted about this earlier)

given the recent trend of this thread..here's an idea of how to redo the mind flay glyph. (give us he 10 yards range on the spell too)

your mind flay cast causes your shadow word pain, vampiric touch and devouring plague periodic damage to be applied faster as a percentage of your haste, lasts 15 sec.

One thing I've noticed about range specs that actually do well(only comparing cloth/hybrid range specs) is that most of the time, those that do well have some kind of proc that makes their rotation more dynamic. Boomkin has Eclipse, Fire mages have Hot Streak, and Arcane mages have Missile Barrage.

Now Warlocks don't have procs that make their rotation dynamic but do have procs that do increase their dps: backdraft, pyroclasm, and empowered imp for destro, Demonic pact, molten core, Master Demonoligist for demo, and Nightfall, and Eradication for aff.

Ele shamans and spriests have no sort of thing doesn't have a 100% up time. The closest thing would be IST and that is more of a regen talent(like we need any more regen). We're also considered one of the more mana efficient dps, and I am pretty sure most of use would like to trade some mana regen for more dps.

If they need to free up some talents in the talent trees, they could combine Shadow Reach with Shadow Affinity(makes a boomkin equivalent talent). Then add more to Focused Mind. One idea would be if you crit with MB, SW CD is reset, costs no mana and hits for 10% more, and if you crit with a mana consuming(to prevent MB/SW spam, although that could be a good idea) SW, the the CD on MB is reset and it becomes instant cast.

I quite like this idea, however although it would be a DPS increase and make our rotation more dynamic, as you said, however it would still not help the current scaling issues that we have with haste. It would be nice to give us a slightly more burst, though. Apart from a damage/spellpower/crit/something increase from haste, the only thing to make it directly scale will be making our DoTs tick more frequently (so at a 20% haste increase, your DoTs would do the same amount of damage but over a 20% shorter duration).
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

From what GC has said they're not looking to fix scaling issues so much as patch promptly to buff damage when a poor scaling class falls behind. Of course it would help if they actually did patch promptly.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    I quite like this idea, however although it would be a DPS increase and make our rotation more dynamic, as you said, however it would still not help the current scaling issues that we have with haste. It would be nice to give us a slightly more burst, though. Apart from a damage/spellpower/crit/something increase from haste, the only thing to make it directly scale will be making our DoTs tick more frequently (so at a 20% haste increase, your DoTs would do the same amount of damage but over a 20% shorter duration).
    Or 20% more DoT damage over the same duration if programming haste into a timed DoT is a hassle. Either way, something really needs to be tweaked. Note I said tweaked and not FIXED. While we need to see some intelligent changes we are as a whole not broken per se. Blizz just needs to figure out how to adjust our haste scaling so our DPS is a little more inline with other caster classes. Forget ever being close to the DPS of melee classes. While casters have a few raid buffs / DPS boosts that limited specs/classes bring, melee get several more AND a lot more redundancy so even in a 10 man the odds are really good they will have most if not all boosts.

WTT ~600 haste rating for something more useful...

Quote Originally Posted by Azyoulike
    From what GC has said they're not looking to fix scaling issues so much as patch promptly to buff damage when a poor scaling class falls behind. Of course it would help if they actually did patch promptly.
    actually, according to GC priests are fine even though he's slightly renegged on a comment he made last week about it and now it's far more PC and far less SCREW YOU SPRIESTS

now it's very general whereas he was totally aimed at spriests before

Quote Originally Posted by timbo117
    there not hunters there rogues -.-
    thats probably the joke..

Quote Originally Posted by Yon
    Yup, can't agree more. Scaling is becoming quite a problem.

Even in multidot fights (like Beasts), that might've been our "niche", shadowpriests are falling behind as gear levels within the guild rise.

It's discouraging to see blue post after blue post stating that "shadow is fine". I wonder why they bother to post that at all -- allow us a glimmer of hope, please.

Getting a déjà vu; being reminded of the poor scaling of the Sunwell days -- only now we have no utility to justify it. In fact, we might very well have the worst utility of any raidspec in the game, but that's most likely a discussion for another thread.

In any case, I still hope Blizzard will address the problems shadowpriests are facing eventually, namely (in my opinion):
    * No burst. (Too many new encounters seem to require burst during specific times, and I don't see this trend changing in Icecrown).
    * No raid buffs. Spread Bloodlust around a bit like other raid buffs are already spread around and call it Shadow Frenzy? (Just an idea, don't crucify me. But that's mostly a 10-man thing, not 25, where our real problems lie. Still, it would be nice to bring something other than Misery to the table.)
    * No scaling. (Most important of all. Would be about time to address this problem).

Until then, I'll continue struggling with my priest. I've played one too long to give up on him now.
    I never knew what it was like to be all the way at the bottom the charts until i started doing TOC.

I'm not gonna sit here and say I'm a total pro at what I do but I think I have the common sense and the situational awareness that is required to raid these days. But really seeing my dps regressing instead of progressing doesn't make a lot of sense. I've played a spriest for almost 2 years and although I have other alts I could play and get better numbers with I always come back to my priest.

Anyhow i just hope they tweak the mechanics a bit and make our dps a lil more viable.

Quote Originally Posted by rhiannan
    1. remove the overriding factor from improved faerie fire/misery and let both debuffs be on the target. that 15% on mind blast and mind flay might actually mean something. right now imp faerie fire overrides misery =(. the +3 percent hit is fine to override but the effect it gives us isn't overpowered and would actually help our dps quite a bit.
    Is this true? I've always noticed my DPS going up when I have a boomkin in the raid. Is that because most of them don't get Imp FF?

Quote Originally Posted by Birds
    Is this true? I've always noticed my DPS going up when I have a boomkin in the raid. Is that because most of them don't get Imp FF?
    or it might be the 5% crit aura?

Quote Originally Posted by rhiannan
    here's a couple of ideas i came up with.

You're misunderstanding misery - check the wowhead for the talent and you see on the effects it does two things: applies the +hit debuff and gives you +coefficient. The aura being removed by IFF doesn't impact your coefficient increase.

Holy gloom and doom in this thread..but it is totally warranted?

I haven't played my SP since Wrath came out. Was thinking of picking it up again but after skimming this thread I'm not so sure. ;(

So it is true we are still not competitive DPS?

Quote Originally Posted by Injek
    Holy gloom and doom in this thread..but it is totally warranted?

I haven't played my SP since Wrath came out. Was thinking of picking it up again but after skimming this thread I'm not so sure. ;(

So it is true we are still not competitive DPS?
    Getting more viable with haste affecting SW:P but we'll have to see after they actually implement it into the ptr.