focus regen by haste

hi guys, i have a couple speculations about focus regen, it might all be bull shit, but i was bored so...

volley stays on for 6 sec right?
    i assume, with focus you will be able to keep volley up all the time if you dont cancel it/use it before its done or anything.
    since focus regen's 6 focus per second, volley will cost, 36 focus.

now for the hard part,

with 250 haste (7,62%) volley stays on for 5.58 sec, meaning your focus regen with 250 haste will be 36/5.58sec, or 6.45focus/sec

since alot more will change there is a big change this wont be how it will go when focus is introduced, but i do wanna hear what you guys think about this

www.explosm.net

Re: focus regen by haste

I dont see why it would stay up if we dont cancel it, no other AoE in the game does that. If they were gonna change that i dont see why they would start with volley

i didnt mean it would stay up at all times, i meant, you should be able to regen the focus the volley costs during volley, so you can keep the aoe up, by spamming it. but ofc they could also make volley like fan of knives, meaning it wil do more damage, but wont be able to keep the spam up

www.explosm.net

where is the blue post that haste will regenerate focus? and if this is true will it regenerate energy for rogues?

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacklisted
    where is the blue post that haste will regenerate focus? and if this is true will it regenerate energy for rogues?
    Erm why would they change the way rogues regenerate energy.
    Focus and energy two completely seperate things.
    Hence the complete re - vamp.

I really hope they ditch Volley when CC ships. As it is now, it does hardly any damage and it's even more boring than steady shot spam. It was fun to watch the (relatively) huge numbers back in Naxx, but now it's just ... It's just nerfed too much.

Instead, why not make multi-shot hit an unlimited number of targets instead (FoK?), or make hunter AoE something to do with traps. Just need it to be more interesting than a pathetic 6 second afkmode channel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crocstar
    My personal belief is that whoever plays a hunter in the arena testing they have done since season 1 is just a monster, skilled beyond all belief and manages to whomp on the testers playing other classes. They in turn nerf hunters each and every patch to close the gap on this superhuman hunter demigod.... Slow down on the skills man, we don't stand a chance now and we can't take much more of the nerf bat.

Quote Originally Posted by Anium
    Erm why would they change the way rogues regenerate energy.
    Focus and energy two completely seperate things.
    Hence the complete re - vamp.
    Actually, his question was valid and you're about to look pretty dumb. It was announced at Blizzcon that, in Cataclysm, haste will work to increase focus, ENERGY, and I think rage and runic power regeneration in addition to increasing attack speed. Even Ret Paladins and Enhancement Shammies will get a talent, it was said, that would help them make use of this.

I imagine that they're not changing the way caster's make use of haste simply because it's already effective in lowering the global cooldown for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sartuk
    Actually, his question was valid and you're about to look pretty dumb. It was announced at Blizzcon that, in Cataclysm, haste will work to increase focus, ENERGY, and I think rage and runic power regeneration in addition to increasing attack speed. Even Ret Paladins and Enhancement Shammies will get a talent, it was said, that would help them make use of this.

I imagine that they're not changing the way caster's make use of haste simply because it's already effective in lowering the global cooldown for them.
    thanks for answering my question and having my back. i was being legit with my questions but people go on bigot trips in forums for sum reason, ty much!

Yeah, I've contemplated a FoK-like Multi-shot for Cataclysm as well. I think it would bit better with the resource system, however it could have certain balance considerations; FoK is a fairly limited area, but you could hit a huge sweep of targets with Multi-shot the way it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sartuk

Even so we're playing with imaginary numbers here. We currently don't know much of anything regarding how focus will be implemented other than we'll get a set amount back and that using steady shot will increase the amount of focus returned.

We're going to need a lot more info on Cat, as well as some actual play time before we can really say what's what I think and even then who knows what will change before live/ship?

It was said at blizzcon.

Quote Originally Posted by Aswed
    It was said at blizzcon.
    Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    Rule #84 of WoW: Saying "Rotation" doesn't automatically make you a good player... or even a competent one.

Was mentioned at blizzcon and yes it will be a factor for rogue energy.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly
    Even so we're playing with imaginary numbers here. We currently don't know much of anything regarding how focus will be implemented other than we'll get a set amount back and that using steady shot will increase the amount of focus returned.

We're going to need a lot more info on Cat, as well as some actual play time before we can really say what's what I think and even then who knows what will change before live/ship?
    I agree it's too early for speculation about focus regen. That's why I didn't bother responding to the OP, but to someone else asking a fair question.