Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Why so few attacks while leveling?

Quote Originally Posted by Abolishment
    Leveling until you get those is a pain, but doable. Keep on keeping on!Says the Hunter. I don't think any other class has been told "just put every point in the BM tree and you can level just fine".
    somone missed a good chunk of forum time it seems.

granted how many classes can put 71 points into a single tree and still do fine? :
    Signature not acceptable (e.g. too large), read http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/important-signatures/ - Regards, Olison

Quote Originally Posted by zcks
    Well hopefully they remake the paladin class from scratch next expansion. One of the major problems with the paladin class as a whole is the fact that while its abilities are powerful it as very little choice in what to do & how to do it because it has very few spells & abilities. It would be nice next expansion if they would make more spells/abilities for the class that are baseline but weak then improve them via talents like what the druid has.
    They won't, they completely rebuilt pallies for Wrath, they won't rebuild them again in Cataclysm. It's a class with only few abilities (for holy and ret) but powerful ones, they won't add a ton of new abilities because they LIKE the fact it only has a few.

They've said any number of times that they're happy with Pallies having a small spell selection in holy, and rets having few attacks.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg
    That's your own decision, nobody told you you had to.

Anyway, didn't some blue hint they will make more essential spells/talent baseline, and replacing them with "fun" talents in Cataclysm?
    I can imagine CS and DS getting that same treatment. Too bad it's still a while off.

I think it's funny a resto druid has more tools to dps in cat form than a ret pally. At low level, of course.
    I leveled through Instances since that was the fastest way back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Azyoulike
    They won't, they completely rebuilt pallies for Wrath, they won't rebuild them again in Cataclysm. It's a class with only few abilities (for holy and ret) but powerful ones, they won't add a ton of new abilities because they LIKE the fact it only has a few.

They've said any number of times that they're happy with Pallies having a small spell selection in holy, and rets having few attacks.
    Which leads to balancing around those few abilities, which leads from Zero to No synergy, which leads to bust healing/DPS, which means more people complain.

That's your own decision, nobody told you you had to.

Anyway, didn't some blue hint they will make more essential spells/talent baseline, and replacing them with "fun" talents in Cataclysm?
    I can imagine CS and DS getting that same treatment. Too bad it's still a while off.

I think it's funny a resto druid has more tools to dps in cat form than a ret pally. At low level, of course.
    They said that about talents only, not spells.

Things like Conviction and 2h Weapon Spec.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat
    They said that about talents only, not spells.

Things like Conviction and 2h Weapon Spec.
    Or Sanctity of Battle.
    Or Swift Retribution.
    Or Crusade....
    Or Pursuit of Justice....

Thats the thing with paladins: A LOT of our talents are passive, because they all have to build up on only 2-3 abilities.

Just do what everyone else does and stack strength and stamina and go protection and throw on a shield and aoe grind entire camps at the same time.
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

I wouldn't consider pursuit of justice to be a "boring" passive talent. A passive runspeed increase is very nice, and worthy of points being spent into it.

Swift Retribution, since it effects more than just you, is the same way. If it was caster-only then yea, I'd say scrap it.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat
    I wouldn't consider pursuit of justice to be a "boring" passive talent. A passive runspeed increase is very nice, and worthy of points being spent into it.

Swift Retribution, since it effects more than just you, is the same way. If it was caster-only then yea, I'd say scrap it.
    It isn't boring, but more mandatory, which is why it would maybe be cut (or turned into a CD ability). Swift Retribution would need to have a Self-buff as well outside of 3% Haste- Every other talent like this has some impressive or noteworthy reason why you take the talent. Things such as lowing the CD on Exorcism and Repentance by 11/22/33% or adding 2/4/6 Expertise is what would be needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    In that case, all Classes are Facerollers- Desto Locks can 1-shot mobs with Chaos Bolt- Mages can do the same with Fire Ball/Fire Blast. Hunters can Aimed Shot/Explosion Shot, etc etc.
    Lets not even get started on DKs. The only time it felt like a challenge on my dk is when I was going after 5 mobs or I was doing a group quest solo.
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

I think you misunderstood what they said. They said they would make more essential (by which they meant +1/2/3/4/5% to XX) talents baseline and replace them with more fun activation talents. They consider CS and DS to be fun activation talents.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac
    Don't worry, it will get ALOT harder...you get to spam 3 buttons insted of one once you ding 50-60.

Yes you heard me...3 whole buttons! ;D
    Looking forward to it! \o/