View Poll Results: Any other long time paladin players hoping for a completely redisigned class

Voters
163. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

    63 38.65%
  • no

    78 47.85%
  • I'm not a paladin I just troll their forums

    22 13.50%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21

    Re: Paladin changes in cataclism

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    Oh, so Guardian Spirit wasn\'t enough for you?
    Wut..?



    Anyway. No, the Paladin calss does not need an overhaul. They are already better than ever. They are fine in DPS areas, they can Tank, and they can heal just fine.

    People need to stop complaining about stupid things like \"Oh god there are not any Ret pallies on the top arena teams!!!\" Boo hoo, there will always be issues like that, arenas have different classes dominate every season.

    I know that after the initial \"yay we are good now!\" mentality wore off, people found complaints. But really, a lot of people should just be happy about what we got for once.

    Remember when you had to reapply your seals after each Judge?

    Remember Seals laster 30 secs?

    What about Trying to throw Avengers sheild on a CAST TIME while tanking?

    What about when all you did was Spam Flash of light to heal?


    Bliz is going the right way with paladins, and for the most part staying with their design. You want Top DPS? Go a different class made for it. You want more AOE healing? Go to a different calss made for it. You want more tank abilities for survival (or more threat)? Go a class made for those.


    The Pally is not made to be the highest DPSer, not the seceond highest, not the third highest. No.




    BTW: Before I hear a \"What about feral druids dealing high DPS\" argument, I think it should be toned down some, but really, big whoop.


    EDIT: For those questioning the slash marks that appear in my words, the computer I am currently using randomly causes them, nothing I can do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.
    Blizzard are so [opinion], what [compliment/insult]s they all are!

    There, now we can stop posting new topics in the Cataclysm forum altogether.
    And if you disagree with me you're an [insult].

  2. #22

    Re: Paladin changes in cataclism

    Quote Originally Posted by Vasti
    I voted YES

    But don't get me wrong, I like the seal judgement system I just think we need more abilities to push when lvling up, we need a better way to bless ppl, without having to rely on Pallypower.
    Pally buffs are hard? Wow.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonwing
    I play a holy/prot Pve paladin and my vote is: no, we do not need a complete overhaul

    some things i would like though:

    Prot:
    It would be cool to have a cooldown like last stand
    Divine Protection not working for you?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonwing
    Holy:
    After the illumination nerf, im running out of mana a lot faster and all we got in return was a HoT effect that only works on a tank. it would be good to have an aoe heal since we are the only healers that dont have one.
    No, I don't want an aoe heal. I like my single target heals. That's what I do.

    Pallys are in a good place now. Enjoy it.

  3. #23

    Re: Paladin changes in cataclism

    Quote Originally Posted by Copain
    Wut..?



    Anyway. No, the Paladin calss does not need an overhaul. They are already better than ever. They are fine in DPS areas, they can Tank, and they can heal just fine.

    People need to stop complaining about stupid things like \"Oh god there are not any Ret pallies on the top arena teams!!!\" Boo hoo, there will always be issues like that, arenas have different classes dominate every season.

    I know that after the initial \"yay we are good now!\" mentality wore off, people found complaints. But really, a lot of people should just be happy about what we got for once.

    Remember when you had to reapply your seals after each Judge?

    Remember Seals laster 30 secs?

    What about Trying to throw Avengers sheild on a CAST TIME while tanking?

    What about when all you did was Spam Flash of light to heal?


    Bliz is going the right way with paladins, and for the most part staying with their design. You want Top DPS? Go a different class made for it. You want more AOE healing? Go to a different calss made for it. You want more tank abilities for survival (or more threat)? Go a class made for those.


    The Pally is not made to be the highest DPSer, not the seceond highest, not the third highest. No.




    BTW: Before I hear a \"What about feral druids dealing high DPS\" argument, I think it should be toned down some, but really, big whoop.
    Wtf are all those backslashes about? Are you posting this via a C++/ Java string or what?

  4. #24

    Re: Paladin changes in cataclism

    Quote Originally Posted by Nd
    Wtf are all those backslashes about? Are you posting this via a C++/ Java string or what?
    Funny, just made an edit about that =p. Sorry, nothing I can do about them, they just happen on this computer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.
    Blizzard are so [opinion], what [compliment/insult]s they all are!

    There, now we can stop posting new topics in the Cataclysm forum altogether.
    And if you disagree with me you're an [insult].

  5. #25

    Re: Paladin changes in cataclism

    Quote Originally Posted by Copain
    Remember when you had to reapply your seals after each Judge?
    Remember Seals laster 30 secs?
    What about Trying to throw Avengers sheild on a CAST TIME while tanking?
    What about when all you did was Spam Flash of light to heal?
    Bliz is going the right way with paladins, and for the most part staying with their design. You want Top DPS? Go a different class made for it. You want more AOE healing? Go to a different calss made for it. You want more tank abilities for survival (or more threat)? Go a class made for those.
    The 30 min seal is a recent thing. It is complete love!
    Avenger's Shield no longer with cast time = Love for tanks
    I am annoyed Exorcism now has a cast time(if your proc), but to the point I'm gonna bitch to hard about it.

    Pallies have alot of raid utility, even more so now. We're a Hybrid Class, so maybe we're not gonna be top DPS(though at times we will), but we bring a lot to the raid as is.

    Overall all, the WOLK overhaul did us a lot of good. I only think we need a overhaul if the other classes get a complete one, so we can compete with them.
    The bravery of mortals never fails to astound me. Death affixes its cold stare upon you and in return you rise to challenge its assertion! It is why your kind is so loved... and so hated. - Torastrasza

  6. #26

    Re: Paladin changes in cataclism

    If other calsses get changed up a lot, and I mean a LOT, then yeah, maybe they could give us another. But really, we do not need one unless that happens. Because a LOTTTTTTT of Oour talents were already changed to make us viable for a lot of stuff. A lot of classes wish they got what the Pally did.

    Asking for another just because a Pally is not top in Arenas, or the Top DPSer, or always the best tank is just plain dumb =p.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.
    Blizzard are so [opinion], what [compliment/insult]s they all are!

    There, now we can stop posting new topics in the Cataclysm forum altogether.
    And if you disagree with me you're an [insult].

  7. #27

    Re: Paladin changes in cataclism

    Quote Originally Posted by destructard
    paladins are unfair. i hope they get remade into the 100% healer-only class they were in vanilla. blizzard has spoiled them with WotLK.
    Your on freaking crack if u want pallys to go back to 100% healing. Holy pallys are the most stupidest boringest class to play. u cast 3 spells and thats all. yah i think the dps should be nerfed a little bit as well as elemental shammy dps and DKs. a lvl 74 DK in shitty gear shouldn't be able to crit 7.5k on a lvl 80 druid in full deadly! yes i think a complete pally overhaul but not making them healer cuase well there goes 3/4 of the people that play pallys.

    PS: FUCK shammys and their auto crit with lava burst with flame shock up!! liek WTF Blizz.!!!!

  8. #28

    Re: Paladin changes in cataclism

    Jesus i hope that's a troll.

    Pallies are in a good place atm, ret could use a little more work in both pvp and pve, but nothing even close to a full re-make

  9. #29

    Re: Paladin changes in cataclism

    Quote Originally Posted by Copain
    Asking for another just because a Pally is not top in Arenas, or the Top DPSer, or always the best tank is just plain dumb =p.
    That would be the last reason why I voted yes....I liked being a retri more pre-tbc and somewhat during tbc. I liked being the only retri and showing its capabilities. The alst thing I want is for this spec to be OP. I actually dont even care about pvp unless it gives me cool looking sets! :P

    I want an overhaul because, seal of jsutice, jduegemnt of jsutice, Ress Aura's and lots of other spells just don't cut it. sure they have their 1 fight in all of wow where they outshine any other ability, but I want to use the aura's more activly, I want to use all my judgements, not jsut have pvp skills and pve skills separated this much. If they separate it too much, why not make a new class with the pvp abilities

    They should really rethink judgement of jsutice, seal of jsutice, Aura's, Seal of wisdom/light.
    And you cant do that on a patch by patch base, we need an overhaul for that, and I dont care that much if my dps is 5% lower then that of pures or if I suck at pvp, I want a clean class, not one that has too many loose ends and odds.
    Signature infractions suck especially when they are just about the size of TEXT! WTB token limit!

  10. #30
    Immortal Ronark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    7,252

    Re: Paladin changes in cataclism

    Quote Originally Posted by Copain
    Remember when you had to reapply your seals after each Judge?
    Remember Seals laster 30 secs?
    What about Trying to throw Avengers sheild on a CAST TIME while tanking?
    What about when all you did was Spam Flash of light to heal?
    I'd rather my 30 second seals and consumed on Judgement if that means I can Seal Twist again.

  11. #31

    Re: Paladin changes in cataclism

    Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    I'd rather my 30 second seals and consumed on Judgement if that means I can Seal Twist again.
    Hey that make rets more fun! Funny note though, half of (if not more) the Rets here only came in Wrath when it was first fun and easy (Inb4 "I've been playing ret since Beta!"), hence why they complained so much that Bliz had to raise seals up all the way to thirty mins with no consumption.

    Really though, outside of the average IQ of a Pally dropping each time a Ret Pally post about how hard it is to use other seals than SoV or about how hard a Pally has it in general, I have no beef with them. I'm Prot and just fine that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.
    Blizzard are so [opinion], what [compliment/insult]s they all are!

    There, now we can stop posting new topics in the Cataclysm forum altogether.
    And if you disagree with me you're an [insult].

  12. #32

    Re: Paladin changes in cataclism

    Quote Originally Posted by Copain
    Hey that make rets more fun! Funny note though, half of (if not more) the Rets here only came in Wrath when it was first fun and easy (Inb4 "I've been playing ret since Beta!"), hence why they complained so much that Bliz had to raise seals up all the way to thirty mins with no consumption.

    Really though, outside of the average IQ of a Pally dropping each time a Ret Pally post about how hard it is to use other seals than SoV or about how hard a Pally has it in general, I have no beef with them. I'm Prot and just fine that way.
    You can say what you want, but seals lasting 30min and not being consumed is something every paladin should jsut rejoice over. 30second seals were jsut not fun and I should know, played retri since lvl 1 pre-tbc. While leveling Iw as already thinking, wth did blzard think when they made it last 30seconds :S

    most ppl assume everything used to be better becuase of nostalgia, thats why ppl cant see that vanilla < WotLK, WoW has jsut become user friendlier and more balanced since vanilla. (ofcourse it looks better now, is more streamlined and has more options but that aside)

    You can tell me its easier then vanilla when you downed yoggy+0
    You can tell me it was more balanced in vanilla if you can show yourself playing retri pvp before 2.0 patch

    Vanilla sucked! Nostaliga sucks for misguiding people!
    Signature infractions suck especially when they are just about the size of TEXT! WTB token limit!

  13. #33

    Re: Paladin changes in cataclism

    I think Paladins are fine as of now. They nerfed out ret burst damage. But the thing is in PVE is out tanking. I am a paladin Tank and i find it that it is fairly easy to tank as a paladin. But i see in patch 3.2.2, we are getting our Righteous Fury (The spell that makes our holy spells threat increase by 90 percent), is being nerfed by 10 percent. I dont see much of a difference but im hoping it will actually make us not just put concencration down and go make a sandwich (which i have actually done in an heroic before)

  14. #34
    Moderator Krekko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    New York, New York
    Posts
    4,318

    Re: Paladin changes in cataclism

    They are going to nerf seals....
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    | [MoP]Ret Paladin Guide | Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

    WoW Level Scaling Feature

  15. #35
    The Patient Vamandrac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Stormwind
    Posts
    339

    Re: Paladin changes in cataclism

    I am more or less happy where the class is right now (least for dps/tanking), so hopefully there wont be any huge changes. Knowing Blizz, however, that may just be wishful thinking.

    Everything I say is absolute. If you disagree, you're a communist.

  16. #36
    I am Murloc! Nienniora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Quebec
    Posts
    5,161

    Re: Paladin changes in cataclism

    Quote Originally Posted by Copain
    Hey that make rets more fun! Funny note though, half of (if not more) the Rets here only came in Wrath when it was first fun and easy (Inb4 "I've been playing ret since Beta!"), hence why they complained so much that Bliz had to raise seals up all the way to thirty mins with no consumption.

    Really though, outside of the average IQ of a Pally dropping each time a Ret Pally post about how hard it is to use other seals than SoV or about how hard a Pally has it in general, I have no beef with them. I'm Prot and just fine that way.
    at 1st i was happy about the change to a few min at the start of wrath (before i saw the new mana cost.. oh god)
    ...
    then they switched to 30min, wth

    kinda miss seal twisting now..

  17. #37

    Re: Paladin changes in cataclism

    Quote Originally Posted by zcks
    I've been playing a paladin since a month before burning crusade came out & after all the nerfs, buffs hotfixes & general idiocy that balancing has been over the years I'm hoping that we get a complete or near complete remake in the next expansion.
    I just feel like the only way we will ever be balanced is if they remake us from scratch to fit with where the game is at, anyone else feel the same ?
    Blizz stat that the seal change in Wotlk is proably going to be the biggest change even made.

  18. #38

    Re: Paladin changes in cataclism

    Quote Originally Posted by Exorte
    Blizz stat that the seal change in Wotlk is proably going to be the biggest change even made.
    They also said that they'll never allow a race change.
    Armories:
    Pally: Chiaki
    Dk: Telare
    Warrior: Irlida

  19. #39

    Re: Paladin changes in cataclism

    Retribution Paladins are always horribly overpowered at the start of every expansion.

  20. #40

    Re: Paladin changes in cataclism

    Quote Originally Posted by Tidyjustice

    rofl i remember that :P leveling a paladin back in hogger is group quest days! when paladin was THE most brutal class to level and very very slow!
    level 20 fighting a lvl 21 crokolist for 2 minutes seal judge seal judge / heal /sleep
    to be honest.

    it was only painful the first 35ish levels. (after getting reckoning... you can ae grind..)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •