PvP BG Disc priest

been looking up info a while today and I cant seem to come to a decision on what pvp gear to get (satin/mooncloth)

From what I read spirit (mooncloth) is preferred because of spirit making more mana regen however this is all in areanas.
    no one really talks about battlegrounds.

now from my experience in bg's (which is a lot...only as dps though, not heals) there are very few times when a fight lasts
    longer than a couple of minutes and fights that last several minutes are even rarer. (although very fun when they happen)
    also i was thinking becuase of a lot more targets to heal it would be beneficial to have the crit. my plan was to get 4 or 5 satin
    main pieces, and then the rest (neck,ring,cloak,boots etc) gear w/ spirit on it and gemming for sp and mp5. that would basically
    balance it out i woudl think and work good in bg's.

i have no plans for arena, can anyone help me with understanding if this is bad or good, or does it really just depend on the situation
    so anything can work in bg's since they are pretty different than arena.

also can someone help me understand mp5/spirit? i see mixed opinions of "go mp5" or go "spirit." I do have mediation (50% mana regen while
    casting) in my build if that matters....

Thanks!

Re: PvP BG Disc priest

MP/5 results in quite a bit more regen than Spirit for Disc. The Mooncloth set is taken because there isn't an option for an MP/5 set. Satin trades Spirit for Crit, so the option is throughput versus regen.

For BGs you have a lot more freedom. I usually run in a set that's a lot more of a PVE set and only switch if I get focused a lot. Also, because BGs do offer short fights with a lot of time out of combat Spirit is actually substantially better than it is in raids and arena. Not that it matters, because you have lots of opportunities to drink. Either way if you're going for PVP gear get the 4 piece bonus, it's pretty clutch.

ya i was plannin on gettin the 4 piece bonus no matter what.im just not sure which set yet ^_^

When i started getting pvp gear i actually went for the crit set. Then i hit arena realising how sometimes, remarkably, you might actually value the spirit on your gear for some matches.

If you want to get pvp geared now with the suspicion you may decide to try arena at some point i would say get the salvation spirit gear right away.

Another thing you can wonder about is if your purely a healer or if your going to trying to actually kill your attackers aswell, speccing for Renewed Hope will give you 4% crit if you shield someone before you heal them for example.

4% to get off of low lvl pvp gear is actually alot so depending on your play style you may see theres no need to contemplate the crit gear at all.

I'm doing BGs a little more than arena atm because i have this curse where everyone says yeah sure ill boost you 2500 rating but then their cat dies or their isp has a power shutdown etc :
    I have over 850 resi and about 2300 sp and if im playing BGs for a while i use a disc/shadow build. It has been mad fun mind flaying people when your behind a disc shield but the lack of the extra cd from the holy tree doesnt make it viable in arena with my skills.
    Born under the Discipline tree.

i will be healing and only dmging if i somehow end up being the defender, here is my build:
    http://www.wowarmory.com/talent-calc...00000000000000

Here, fixed that for you. Some Disc points are still 'to taste' though: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#bxIruhGiRcofcktbAzc

Reading a lot of Arena Junkies the last few days and it seems most are going 4 pc satin, 1 pc mooncloth.

In a bg you dont need the spirit set becuase you either die or can drink. In most casses. I have an offset i got for shadow with the crit gear and I'm so awsome when i heal in it but I can only do so much before I'm oom. If you get the Crit set for bg's, I sugest gemming INT, for the bigger mana pool and more mana back from replenishment and devine hym and shadow fiend. Int also gives crit so.
    When people say "pls" just because its shorter then "please", I feel totally justified to say "No" just because its shorter then "Yes".

I use this build and love it http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...Vi_z,8pU,10433

Wearing currently 4pc moon , others hit/crit. Gemmed just for sp and spell pen. I love to get higher crit rating for divine aegis procs and smite my foes with crits. My opinion also is that priests should not focus only in spirit gear.

I am missing mana burn but just because i dont play arena team setup where it works.