Anub´arak 10man (Hero).

So we´re working on Anub 10man on Hero... the other bosses were rather easy compared to Ulduar, and after trying Anub a few times we thought he´d be dead in no time as well... but everytime we got to 30% our 2 healers were unable to keep the raid alive. Our best try was 12%.

For the setup we´re using a Priest healer that stays on the MT and a Druid healer that heals the raid + OT. We had no problems whatsoever in getting him to 60% before burying while still keeping the adds under control, and when he enters phase 3 everyone is alive and at 100%....

....oh, and we dont have a shaman in our 10man group... it would be useful for the last 30% I suppose, but I dont think that this one ability is 12+% on this encounter (ecspecially on 10man)...

so what do you think?

Anyone there to give us some advice?

PS: We had over 25 Wipes. Sounds funny but it seems that everyone does exactly what they should, and our healers are certainly not "bad".

Re: Anub´arak 10man (Hero).

Our best try with a Shaman was also 12%

you need to provide more detail. Like are you killing the adds? in P3 Do you have a MS debuff?

A shaman dosn't make it that much easier. Anub in 10m heroic is easier then the "hard" hardmodes in 10m ulduar by a long shot.

1st week took us 4 tries to down it.
    2nd week 1 shot it(sadly we wiped on twins once qq)

also lots of bubble+sacrifices. those help a lot during that phase. we had two, each allowing about 8% burn without stop

when I did him we used 3 healers, and it was really easy, was just fine on dps too
    stop the elitism

Quote Originally Posted by neofire
    you need to provide more detail. Like are you killing the adds? in P3 Do you have a MS debuff?

A shaman dosn't make it that much easier. Anub in 10m heroic is easier then the "hard" hardmodes in 10m ulduar by a long shot.

1st week took us 4 tries to down it.
    2nd week 1 shot it(sadly we wiped on twins once qq)
    That's wierd. Because we can with ease clear Uld10.

You heal people during p3? That's your problem right there.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

Quote Originally Posted by Stybba
    when he enters phase 3 everyone is alive and at 100%....
    Are you keeping it like that? If you are, then there's your problem. I know it's scary, but you need to only heal the tanks and Penetrating Frost targets (a Druid is nice to give small HoTs to the rest of the raid) and only keep them at just enough to stay alive (nobody should ever be over 50%).

Our healers, we 2 healed it, kept us at around ~20 to 30%.

The higher you heal the raid, the more the DoT ticks for (meaning more damage you take, and the more Anub is healed (longer the phase lasts)). Just watch for the random raid DOT that ticks for like 6k. That's the real killer. >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Xheoul View Post
    Send that bitch a smiley face...Bitches loooove smilie faces.

get some CD's on the tank if not he will die pretty easy so if you have a warrior let him first use shieldwall after shield a pain supression or a pala CD or so on him and he should be fine

we just used up all of our tries last night..best attempt was when both heals died....we got him to 50k hp

what i found out..people kept pulling threat off my adds...so they got knucked on. make sure tanks keep agro...adds die fairly quickly..and people with dots get healed. If you have a lot of dps...healing a lot doesnt really matter, since you should be able to burn through it. Also everyone needs to avoid getting any dots during phase 2..it makes everything a whole lot easier...dps is still there in p3 and easier on heals

Since there's already a thread on this, i'd like to ask for some help on him aswell. Today we tryed our first go at heroic 10 man and we breezed through the first 4 bosses with 44 attempts left on Anub. We had me tanking him (feral druid), pally tank on the adds. Disc priest, resto shaman and a holy pally healing. Blood DK, FoK rogue, mage, warlock and can't remember 5th dps. We had me tank the boss where he was, face away from group, shoot 3 patches of permafrost down in a triangle around the room to make it easier to kite. We had one at boss, usualy just behind him, this is where the adds were tanked so that any accidental AoE hit the boss aswell when dpsing the adds. We kill the first set of adds then leave the second until phase 2. 20 seconds before phase 2, I move anub out of the perma frost area and at 5 seconds, everyone ran to the back of the room. Usualy the boss would burrow at 70-75% and obviously this is not enough. Kiting was generaly okay but some slip ups from individual errors. Anyway, is there anything we're doing wrong? Our best try was something like 60%, people just kept dying from silly thing but we weren't getting the boss down fast enough. All the dpsers are good and usualy pull quite high damage. Healers are fine aswell. People would just die to shadowstrike not being interupted/run out of permafrost when kiting.

Well, thanks for all the answers....

The group consists of
    3Druids (Heal, Moonkin, Feral cat)
    1DK (Tanking Anub ~51k hp)
    1Warrior (Tanking adds)
    1Priest (Heal)
    1Mage
    1Warlock
    1Rogue (me)
    1Paladin (Ret (2nd Spec is heal))

... and it is highly unlikely that we change that setup, and I think it should certainly be possible.

... and the healers dont keep us at 100% when we enter phase 3 but the problem might indeed be, that the healers dont focus enough on the "Frozen something" targets, and it also happened that the tank died... so is there anything wrong with a DK tanking anoob?

We´re certainly not the best players in the world, but the thing that confuses me is that we have no problems at all getting him to 60%/30% / downing the adds (we have a few ranged on them and ignore every 2nd pair).

So with this information, is there anyone that has another idea to why we have those kinds of problems?

Thanks in advance again