Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Exorcism Interrupt

An interrupt would be very useful, but one off the GCD and not tied to an offensive ability.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Hohenhe%C3%ADm
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Caim
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottK15
    skill>penis/vag

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    You mean...like the glyph of Exorcism used to do? And then they removed it when they made Exorcism castable on players.

If they wanted you to have it, they wouldn't have specifically removed it from the game.
    That was awesome when we had the interrupt in that, though, at least PvE-wise. I was actually helping in the Kelthuzad fight in more than just clicking the same button over and over. I cried when they took it away, but it didn't bring it back.

The problem with Paladins is they lack complicated utility.

Paladins only have 2 interrupts if specced for it.
    Our primary defense can be dispelled
    If we are interrupted, we have no secondary spell lines.
    We have no ability to hinder movement below running speed.
    We have no fast movement utilities to get in/out of combat on a consistent timer (Sprint/Blink/Intervene/Vanish/Shapeshift)
    We have no reactive healing abilities
    We have no active melee ability other than FoL/Exco
    Much of our Talent trees are made up of Passive benefits.

We were initially designed to be a reactive class with Strikes, then some moron revamped the Seal system into an entirely passive system, and then they came back and revamped the Seal system into an active system, but that left us with 3 years of passive design.

Paladins are basically a regenerating wall of Offense that require nothing more than running around spamming FoL/Exco as much as it's up and whatever abilities you have. Don't forget to stun!

Paladins are so limited by their abilities that there isn't too much difference between a well played Paladin and a noobish one. (Don't feed too much off of that line, just listen to me)

The difference between a well played Mage and a poorly played Mage is 10x more obvious. Same with Rogues/slightly warriors/Warlocks/slightly druids/Shamans.

Clearly the pala haters are in this thread =P
    Talking about paladins while being totally clueless about the class itself because you got bursted down in bg's to much.

Paladins, CANT kill healers... As a resto druid i could stand next to him with 1 rejuv and just spamheal myself watching his hoj cd closely and hotting fully up when its about to come =P. If you as a healer die from a ret alone, you're bad.

Vs dk/warr/warlock/mages (shaman interupts aint that bad) you realy have to watch out for those interrupts cause when they get you at 50% in a cast its gg mostly (especially for warriors)

"And yes it so facerollllll to play z0mg..." People who say this are again the people who get owned in bg's 1v1. As in arena a paladin is great support and when good played with fast dispells, HoS, Divine sac, freedom, bops it actually does require a fair amount skill to play and you will finally find out they have more then 3 buttons.

So yes, 1v1 their op and quite easy, in a team their awesome and do require skil. So ye, i think they do need some kind of interrupt, maybe not a pummel but more something like shamans have.

Btw, i do not play a paladin.

Quote Originally Posted by Nythious
    The problem with Paladins is they lack complicated utility.

Paladins only have 2 interrupts if specced for it.
    Our primary defense can be dispelled
    If we are interrupted, we have no secondary spell lines.
    We have no ability to hinder movement below running speed.
    We have no fast movement utilities to get in/out of combat on a consistent timer (Sprint/Blink/Intervene/Vanish/Shapeshift)
    We have no reactive healing abilities
    We have no active melee ability other than FoL/Exco
    Much of our Talent trees are made up of Passive benefits.

We were initially designed to be a reactive class with Strikes, then some moron revamped the Seal system into an entirely passive system, and then they came back and revamped the Seal system into an active system, but that left us with 3 years of passive design.

Paladins are basically a regenerating wall of Offense that require nothing more than running around spamming FoL/Exco as much as it's up and whatever abilities you have. Don't forget to stun!

Paladins are so limited by their abilities that there isn't too much difference between a well played Paladin and a noobish one. (Don't feed too much off of that line, just listen to me)

The difference between a well played Mage and a poorly played Mage is 10x more obvious. Same with Rogues/slightly warriors/Warlocks/slightly druids/Shamans.
    Your primairy defense can be dispelled by 2 classes... not to mention your primairy defense is REALLY strong
    combined with the dmg a paladin can dish out.
    i can agree with the lockout, your pure holy school- shamans used to have this problem too, they still have it in some degree

you dont need a abilitie to hinder below moving speed, your movement speed itself is passivly increased by 15%, + you can dispel or HoF out of roots, i can agree its not that easy to stick on certain targets, but ever class has ups and downs

you dont need something to get out of combat from as ret, you have bubble
    as holy, you have aura mastery wich can help ALOT.

agreed, the healing of a paladin is rather boring

i dont see the problem with the passive benefits. every class has the same passive talents as a paladin
    every 10 lvls you get something active.

i can agree that paladins are very limited to their abilities, because they have few combat abilities.
    5 buttons is all you need.

Quote Originally Posted by Barone
    Clearly the pala haters are in this thread =P
    Talking about paladins while being totally clueless about the class itself because you got bursted down in bg's to much.

Paladins, CANT kill healers... As a resto druid i could stand next to him with 1 rejuv and just spamheal myself watching his hoj cd closely and hotting fully up when its about to come =P. If you as a healer die from a ret alone, you're bad.

Vs dk/warr/warlock/mages (shaman interupts aint that bad) you realy have to watch out for those interrupts cause when they get you at 50% in a cast its gg mostly (especially for warriors)

"And yes it so facerollllll to play z0mg..." People who say this are again the people who get owned in bg's 1v1. As in arena a paladin is great support and when good played with fast dispells, HoS, Divine sac, freedom, bops it actually does require a fair amount skill to play and you will finally find out they have more then 3 buttons.

So yes, 1v1 their op and quite easy, in a team their awesome and do require skil. So ye, i think they do need some kind of interrupt, maybe not a pummel but more something like shamans have.

Btw, i do not play a paladin.
    so now you want a interrupt on a lower CD then pummel? cmon dude
    if there should be any interrupt it should be on exco, that way you will have to actually pay attention and not just bash all your buttons

for the record... as far as i know only warriors can beat druids, and even then its a pain.
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

Quote Originally Posted by Sariella
    Holy Paladins are weak-ish in PvP. Giving them an interrupt might just give them a bit more offensive utility.

Solution: Purifying Power Rank 2 gives a 100% chance on Exorcism to interrupt the targets current cast, giving them an interrupt on a 10 second CD. Not OP at all, I think.
    Paladins? weak? Are you fuckin' serious fuckin' pve hero go back to PvE and don't even think bout trying PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Powell
    so now you want a interrupt on a lower CD then pummel? cmon dude
    if there should be any interrupt it should be on exco, that way you will have to actually pay attention and not just bash all your buttons

for the record... as far as i know only warriors can beat druids, and even then its a pain.
    Talking about the lockout, not the cd, else it'll be to op when followed by a hoj.

Quote Originally Posted by Bravehearth
    What if they gave either a major glyph or made it to when you used exorcism it interupted casting for 2seconds. Any comments?
    NO

what we do need is a snare

Quote Originally Posted by teerra
    what we do need is a snare
    monkey needs banana

Edit: Good that Sorrow_Troll isnt getting +1 counts.