Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: WTB a bow from heroics.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorafin
    Hi. I made an account to point out how amazingly dense everyone is that's opposing the topic creator. Like, seriously. Has everyone here really gotten to the point where the only reason they play is to increase their DpS?
    I've played the game long enough to know that it's a fun enough game. However, some people reach a roadblock once they hit 80. Now, everyone's expected to spend the rest of their lives raiding if they want to keep playing? Who the hell wants to play a game that takes as much effort as a job?
    So yes, some of us enjoy heroics. There was a point where I tanked heroics even after I ran out of things to get from then, simply because I didn't feel like getting into a raiding schedule, or spend hours with PuGs. If I wanted to spend that much time doing monotonous garbage, I'd be studying. Yet, we still enjoy the game, so we run heroics. Quick, easy to start, and easy to get out of. No commitments, no trouble.

And so... We, um, suck, because we do this? We should be punished for doing this? How many of the 11 million of us are pushing our noses to the grindstone to get the BiS items, again?
    This is exactly how I feel, almost word for word. I hit 80, did a bunch of heroics, got in a raiding guild, but it was too uptight for me. So I /gquit, and pugged the occasional OS/VoA, still doing Heroics. When Argent Tournament came out, I spent my time on that. Some people don't want to get to the point where you go "Oh shit, I'm late for the raid, my GL is gonna be pissed".

Quote Originally Posted by Shinshiva
    LOL. Yeah it's great fun playing a game liek a half-ass idiot. You don't have the gear you want because you just don't know what you are doing. It's that simple. you suck at this game. You get owned every time you're flagged and close to the opposition yeah? Every time you hit a BG you sit in the GY? Yeah i thought so. You suck, because your gear sucks. We have fun because.... our gear is good! WOW!!!!
    Your inability to grasp the concept of playing for something other than gear is amusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Anium
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=37191 drops in UK hc not a bow thou.

But hey man sorry to burst your bubble but if you want the best gear in WoW you gotta work for it, it's not going to drop on your lap. That's how the game works.
    is this true? do you really have to work for gear in wotlk? i dident know that

Silly baddies. It doesn't take the best gear in the game to do well. Skill and strategy believe it or not does play a big role.

Anyway, stop trying to derail the thread. This is about bows not being in any heroics. Not my gear or your gear.

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.

First off I would like to say that I respect this comment.

Hi. I made an account to point out how amazingly dense everyone is that's opposing the topic creator. Like, seriously. Has everyone here really gotten to the point where the only reason they play is to increase their DpS?
    Well obv, there are other factors to the game because otherwise it would be fairly boring but if your ultimate aim is not to improve your gear in any way, then what is?

I've played the game long enough to know that it's a fun enough game. However, some people reach a roadblock once they hit 80. Now, everyone's expected to spend the rest of their lives raiding if they want to keep playing? Who the hell wants to play a game that takes as much effort as a job?
    So yes, some of us enjoy heroics. There was a point where I tanked heroics even after I ran out of things to get from then, simply because I didn't feel like getting into a raiding schedule, or spend hours with PuGs. If I wanted to spend that much time doing monotonous garbage, I'd be studying. Yet, we still enjoy the game, so we run heroics. Quick, easy to start, and easy to get out of. No commitments, no trouble.

And so... We, um, suck, because we do this? We should be punished for doing this? How many of the 11 million of us are pushing our noses to the grindstone to get the BiS items, again?
    Sorry who is punishing you? The only way other people and gamers are going to judge you is by either looking at your gear or your arena rating, no? That is the way the game mechanics work, if you like. Not all the 11 million are hardcore pvp or pve players because that would be pretty bad but more than you think.

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=37191 drops in UK hc not a bow thou.

But hey man sorry to burst your bubble but if you want the best gear in WoW you gotta work for it, it's not going to drop on your lap. That's how the game works.
    Christ i miss the days when this would have been

"But hey man sorry to burst your bubble but if you want gear in WoW you gotta work for it, it's not going to drop on your lap. That's how the game works."

Unfortunatly, the guy is wrong. In comparison to BC and Vanilla, gear does in fact drop out of the sky and lands in your lap.

It's always nice to hear there are still people who understand the difference between playing for gear vs playing for fun.
    I have various alts that I enjoy gearing up via heroics or battleground honor. I enjoy it. It's fun. I have raided in the past. However, even if I had the job that would allow me to raid again, I am pretty confident I would have retired from it anyway. It gets redundant and like you said starts to feel more like another job, that I'm required to be there at a certain time and perform certain objectives regardless of what I actually want to do. You are forced to raid at that given time and perform your role at a good performance level. Almost exactly what I have to do at work, be there at a certain time, and perform certain objectives when I am told to.

This is my thread, and I like bows, its as simple as that. However for whatever reason, blizzard has deprived us of any somewhat decent bows from heroics. I can even buy a gun off the AH thats better than any bow from heroics. Hell you can even get a gun from champion seals, just give the simple option of a bow instead and I would have never said a word. I just would like a bow thats decent, and reasonable to obtain for someone who cannot raid. Thats it.

First off I would like to say that I respect this comment.
    Well obv, there are other factors to the game because otherwise it would be fairly boring but if your ultimate aim is not to improve your gear in any way, then what is?

Sorry who is punishing you? The only way other people and gamers are going to judge you is by either looking at your gear or your arena rating, no? That is the way the game mechanics work, if you like. Not all the 11 million are hardcore pvp or pve players because that would be pretty bad but more than you think.

Why can you not comprehend it? What is so hard to believe that people play for fun.

Yeah, ok essentially everyone wants to get a new piece of gear that makes them better or looks cool. I don't know what makes you think that heroics are just baddies. Heroics are perfectly good ways to gear up, just because it's not the cookie cutters best, doesn't make it bad. They do add new heroics too, its not just raiding. Look at ToC. There's plenty of new gear in there. Any new bows? No, why? Who knows, there isn't any good reason not to. It doesn't have to be some crazy bow better than raiding bows. Just a bow. Whatever, thats it.

My ultimate goal is to have fun, gearing up is just an extra process that comes with the fun. It's a game, it should be fun. Some people's ultimate goal is to just strive to get that next piece. So they actually "work" for it. I don't play to work, but if thats your goal fine, do what you want. But there's no reason to argue with me about there not being any decent bows in heroics, because there isn't any.

The punishment, people like you posting like you are, acting like for some reason we're just bad because we want something from what we find fun, in this case heroics. Your hard worked for gear already has the better stats, what makes you so special to come here and tell people they shouldn't get what they want from what they find fun? If there was a simple decent bow from any heroic, I would have never made this post, you would have never made a thread yourself complaining that there shouldn't be a bow in heroics, and you would have never posted in here. Why would you come here and make a big deal about it?

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.

Quote Originally Posted by coldviper18
    Why can you not comprehend it? What is so hard to believe that people play for fun.

Yeah, ok essentially everyone wants to get a new piece of gear that makes them better or looks cool. I don't know what makes you think that heroics are just baddies. Heroics are perfectly good ways to gear up, just because it's not the cookie cutters best, doesn't make it bad. They do add new heroics too, its not just raiding. Look at ToC. There's plenty of new gear in there. Any new bows? No, why? Who knows, there isn't any good reason not to. It doesn't have to be some crazy bow better than raiding bows. Just a bow. Whatever, thats it.

My ultimate goal is to have fun, gearing up is just an extra process that comes with the fun. It's a game, it should be fun. Some people's ultimate goal is to just strive to get that next piece. So they actually "work" for it. I don't play to work, but if thats your goal fine, do what you want. But there's no reason to argue with me about there not being any decent bows in heroics, because there isn't any.

The punishment, people like you posting like you are, acting like for some reason we're just bad because we want something from what we find fun, in this case heroics. Your hard worked for gear already has the better stats, what makes you so special to come here and tell people they shouldn't get what they want from what they find fun? If there was a simple decent bow from any heroic, I would have never made this post, you would have never made a thread yourself complaining that there shouldn't be a bow in heroics, and you would have never posted in here. Why would you come here and make a big deal about it?
    Its just a totally different mentality. That's all. There are people like you and people like me. Neither of them is right or wrong, and not for one second did I say that your "playstyle" is wrong I just don't see the point of it thats all. Vica Versa. I never said that there shouldn't be a bow in hc's either lad.

Fun for me in WoW is gathering up with your guild and taking down that hard mode or eventually getting that bow if you like ^^ that you have been farming for as long as you can remember. Or getting 2k+ rating if you like. That is what keeps me playing and this is mytwocents.

Enough flaming enough QQ and for your sake I hope blizz introduce a bow in 3.3

15+ Year Old Account

Just wait until Blizz reveals some more info about the new 5-man in 3.3, there might just be a bow drop in there

Oh, and just so you know, there weren't any epic gun drops from heroics in The Burning Crusade.
    There was, however, an epic bow drop in The Steamvault (heroic) (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=29351)
    Never heard anyone whining about that
    FFXIV: Rintha Elenah | WoW: Rinth | GW2: Reno Turan

Quote Originally Posted by coldviper18
    Here's the thing, why did you think we would care about your lack of longbows (as noted there is a crossbow available)? Apparently you define fun as being able to run heroics and get a longbow and you're apparently the only person who feels this way. Don't be surprised that blizzard doesn't support you or care about you, people on the forums probably only care enough to mock you - it's just the way it is.

It's like complaining that there are no good swords for a paladin healer in heroics, no good caster fists for shaman in heroics, no slow off-hand daggers for enhance shammies in heroics etc. etc. etc.

Actually it's worse, it's more like complaining about the lack of low carb mage food because strudel makes you fat, except less funny.

Don't be surprised that we only care enough about you to mock your daftness for thinking we'd care. Honestly it's surprising that we even care enough to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Camthra
    Ha, I'll trade you my epic crossbow for an epic gun anyday.

Mostly because I'm a dwarf.
    ^this. i wish Talonstrike was a gun

anyway, if you dont have 1 hour to raid naxx10 for a bow then...what do you do when you play wow...
    ''If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let their be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.'' Quoted from-

A Bow from ToChampion Hc.