25man heroic Northern Beasts

Currently in a guild that is getting wrecked with H25man NB.

We are currently using 2 highly geared tanks
    6 healers
    17dps (lowest one being about 5k)

current problems is with the snobolds and worms coming out. Should we be focusing on snobolds at all? kill them on range, leave em on melee? or what?

What does your guild do?
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Re: 25man heroic Northern Beasts

No wonder your BAD, you don't even know what the encounter is called IDIOT =P

Northern beasts coming at ya since 2k9

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account

We 2 tank it, and we easily have time between killing P1 and P2 worms spawning. Run snobolds into melee, cleave them down, and burn the boss the whole time. If the worms spawn or the snobolds don't die fast enough, tell your dps to pick it up, they're slacking.

We did 20 attempts last night and tanking was rarely a problem. We had 16 dps (3 rogues, 1 furry war, 1 ret, 1 enhance shaman, 1 kitty, 2 locks, 1 spriest, 1 boomkin, 3 mages, 2 hunters) 3 tanks (pally, war, ferral) and 6 healers (2x holy priests, 3x druids, 1 holy pally). Keeping the tanks up / impale stack down wasn't the issue. The problem was low dps our rogues and hunters were putting out 7-6.4k dps followed by furry war, ret, enhance at 6-5k which from what ive heard is the target range. The biggest problem was caster DPS was crummy, mages with 3.4k locks with 4.5 spriest / boomkin with 3k. Consistently we would just run out of time and worms would stroll in with 15-20% remaining on the boss.

We aren’t the greatest guild on the server though we did clear ToC with 48 attempts and have 2 Uldar 25 Hard mode keepers so we aren’t terribad so what are we doing wrong? My first instinct is to yell at the casters tell em to shape up and just bring more mele but 1) not a caster so dont know if some part of the mechanic is gimping them, 2) more mele means more stomp damage which further taxes healers. GM wants to farm Uldar / ToC for a couple more weeks to gear up a bit before coming back in but unless the casters boost there dps by 30-40% (not gonna be done picking up 2 or 3 pieces of T9) then were still gonna be strugling.

Suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by FireBorne
    mongoloid?! wtf is that, you sound like a festeezio(see i can make up words too)

caster dps seems really low there mate, one thing that can make a differnce,
    dont know if you are already, is when you have a snobold, fake cast a different tree.
    ie. as a shadow priest i cast mass dispel so it blocks out that tree and im free to
    shadow nuke continuosly.

make sure the person with the snobold announces it and runs to the boss, we have them stand right on the boss for cleave attacks, also its important they then stay still as our
    melee say they have a tiny hitbox and a slightest movement may put them out of range.

you can ignor snobolds on melee as they will generally die to cleave anyway, this gives you more time to nuke the boss and hopefully give you a few seconds to burn any snobold that remain before the worms spawn.

hopefully this can help, and for second boss the fake cast will also help alot.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Haxxored
    We did 20 attempts last night and tanking was rarely a problem. We had 16 dps (3 rogues, 1 furry war, 1 ret, 1 enhance shaman, 1 kitty, 2 locks, 1 spriest, 1 boomkin, 3 mages, 2 hunters) 3 tanks (pally, war, ferral) and 6 healers (2x holy priests, 3x druids, 1 holy pally). Keeping the tanks up / impale stack down wasn't the issue. The problem was low dps our rogues and hunters were putting out 7-6.4k dps followed by furry war, ret, enhance at 6-5k which from what ive heard is the target range. The biggest problem was caster DPS was crummy, mages with 3.4k locks with 4.5 spriest / boomkin with 3k. Consistently we would just run out of time and worms would stroll in with 15-20% remaining on the boss.

We aren’t the greatest guild on the server though we did clear ToC with 48 attempts and have 2 Uldar 25 Hard mode keepers so we aren’t terribad so what are we doing wrong? My first instinct is to yell at the casters tell em to shape up and just bring more mele but 1) not a caster so dont know if some part of the mechanic is gimping them, 2) more mele means more stomp damage which further taxes healers. GM wants to farm Uldar / ToC for a couple more weeks to gear up a bit before coming back in but unless the casters boost there dps by 30-40% (not gonna be done picking up 2 or 3 pieces of T9) then were still gonna be strugling.

Suggestions?
    Raid comp lacking caster buffs/synergy?

Yeah you need to support your dps properly with the relevant classes. Also replace your DPS who can't play properly (they will usually make excuses).

The fake cast is a great idea I'll have to relay that info. As for the cleaves and what not I play one of the rogues and have noticed that abilities like FoK and Blade Furry dont chain from the boss to the Snobolds they seem to have the same AoE ignore characteristics as shaman totems I am not sure if that works the same with war WW, pestilence, or living bomb.

I suggested leaving Snobolds on the mele however it was understood that while on players they continued to throw fire pots do they? If so getting rid of them is still important. Also one time out of the 20 mele got a fire patch on them I was under the impression there was a min distance associated with the throw pot ability has anyone else come across this issue it wasn't a repeated problem but that one attempt was quiet promising.

Oh and for the synergy issue casters had full buffs our normal ele shaman was absent so no ToW but our less geared (still Uldar 10/25) lock went demo for the SP buff.
    Quote Originally Posted by FireBorne
    mongoloid?! wtf is that, you sound like a festeezio(see i can make up words too)

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Haxxored
    The fake cast is a great idea I'll have to relay that info. As for the cleaves and what not I play one of the rogues and have noticed that abilities like FoK and Blade Furry dont chain from the boss to the Snobolds they seem to have the same AoE ignore characteristics as shaman totems I am not sure if that works the same with war WW, pestilence, or living bomb.

I suggested leaving Snobolds on the mele however it was understood that while on players they continued to throw fire pots do they? If so getting rid of them is still important. Also one time out of the 20 mele got a fire patch on them I was under the impression there was a min distance associated with the throw pot ability has anyone else come across this issue it wasn't a repeated problem but that one attempt was quiet promising.

Oh and for the synergy issue casters had full buffs our normal ele shaman was absent so no ToW but our less geared (still Uldar 10/25) lock went demo for the SP buff.
    The snobolds work the opposite however. Attacks on the snobolds totally cleave to the boss.

Deleted

I am surprised you even ask if you need to kill Snowbolds...THEY KILL PEOPLE. /sigh