Poll: Which spec is the best to level as a shaman in patch 3.2?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: Talent question

Talent question

I was told elemental, But I was thinking maybe level elemental until 40-ish then switch to enhance for dual wield?

Re: Talent question

Being enhancement from 10-80, i say enhancement. There is no real downtime, maybe 10-30, but that is it. Once your 40 you have dual wield and should kill much faster

Quote Originally Posted by Zarios
    Being enhancement from 10-80, i say enhancement. There is no real downtime, maybe 10-30, but that is it. Once your 40 you have dual wield and should kill much faster
    What about 1-40 as elemental?

Ive never done 10-40 as elemental, so: /

10+ Year Old Account

It's whatever you want to level as. Both specs are fine with the addition of heirloom items in the game, especially for elemental. However, the 1-60 part for elemental is still lacking for quest reward items and are usually forced to wearing cloth until you can Outlands it up for the nice gear rewards.

Personally pick one spec for leveling and stick to it. Leveling elemental and then switching to enhancement at 40 and beyond will probably kill a little unless you have a decent, stat-worthy items for the spec (meaning agi over the int on gear).

Some will say ele to 40 then enhancement, others will say enhancement all the way or enhancement until 75 and go ele for Lava Burst crits. It's all your choice man.
    :3

10+ Year Old Account

I went with Enhance because I can re-use those heirlooms to level a hunter. Enhance does have less downtime, and once you get DW you are a meatgrinder. And as mentioned, elemental gear before level 60 is few and very far between.
    Only 2 things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe - Albert Einstein

Ive levelled from 10-80 as both elemental and enhancement and I saw very little difference. I preferred elemental, but only because I prefer ranged dps classes.

I'm saying 1-40 as elemental then 40-75 as hance, then back to elemental at 75(lava burst winar)

Grab a couple of those sexy 2.6 heirloom weapons to

It's going to be slow any way you slice it until you get to 32, chainlightning helps speed things up, use watersheild a lot.

I found that....while hance has less downtime, it kills things a -lot- slower, so it's really up to you.

That may not necessarily be true with the 2.6 heirloom weapons how ever
    Signature Nazi's suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Muezick
    I found that....while hance has less downtime, it kills things a -lot- slower, so it's really up to you.

That may not necessarily be true with the 2.6 heirloom weapons how ever
    Really? I always found enhance to be pretty fast at killing most anything. I think the heirloom hammers would likely just make it even more beast, as you're suggesting.

This may not be what you are looking for but anytime someone asks about leveling I make the following post, I am lazy and do not want to do it all again so it may be more or less what you are looking for.

Enhancement is the way to go when you start out. I have leveled 2 different toons, 1 horde, 1 alliance. The alliance toon was 1st and I leveled him Ele, you have the ability to kill things very quickly but at low levels have very few "Oh Sh*t" things to do if you are OOM. As enhancement you can melee and get him down and save your mana for heals. The horde toon I leveled Enh and it went a lot faster. I do not know if it was due to the fact that I had been playing a Shaman for a long time at that point and just knew the class better or if it was because I could chain pull mobs without down time. Also at level 50 you get Shamanistic Rage which will make grinding a joke. With the Horde toon I stayed Enh untill after a couple months after we started raiding again (I am always the sucker that raises his hand when they say "Who will go resto so we can raid?")

as far as the Hierloom gear.
    When going Enhancement you can not go wrong with
    Champion Herod's Shoulder
    Champion's Deathdealer Breastplate
    & Duel Wield Venerable Mass of McGowan throw Enchant Weapon-Agility on those bad boys

A MUST is 2xSwift Hand of Justice.

The Elemental route you would want
    2xDiscerning Eye of the Beast
    Mystical Vest of Elements
    Mystical Pauldrons of Elements&
    Devout Aurastone Hammer and throw Formula: Enchant Weapon - Spell Power on it.

I know that seems like a lot but it is well worth it. If you are low on badges go for the shoulders and Chest 1st as the 10% EXP from each adds up fast.....and they do stack. This is the one thing in WoW that uses simple math lol. "So Little Johnny for every 10 monsters you kill it is like you killed 12" ( have to be a smartass every once in a while)

Oh, addons, I always use totemtimers IMO that is the be all end all of shaman addons. Totemus is nice and so are a few others, but with totem timers it has a bar that allows you to click on and scroll through and find the totems you want and it also has the new 4 totems at once button built into it.

If you stick with the shaman here is the link to a shaman blog that I recently found that has some usefull stuff Shields up!.

Good luck and FOR THE HORDE!

For the part about race...prolly Troll for PvE because the racial increases SP&AP I believe. I am Tauren, because I hated Warstomp when I was alliance PvPing. lol

I leveled 1 -80 as Enhancement. It seemed to be alot easier but also when I got Lava-Burst. Even though you aren't supposed to I used it alot just cause it was cool to crit like 3k on everything Lol. But yeah Enhancment is great way to level especially after 60 when you get the wolves. Soloing elite quests becomes a lot easier.