Thread: Stuck at 2K dps

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: Stuck at 2K dps

What above poster wrote. :P

I come well short of my potential dps, and I know when I'm making mistakes from practice on the dummy. I tried using FBN and it ended up being the most miserable dps showing I've ever had (on twin valkyr) even though the mod gave my rather high numbers on the dummy. It's probably my shortcoming with multitasking but if I need to stare at move prediciton I can't pay attention to the fight that well. I'd rather practice so that I know what needs to be done without having to think so I can adapt to the fights I'm in.

edit: forgot to mention I'm primarily a bear, otherwise by now I'm sure I'd be much better at rotation.

Looking at your Feral spec it seems you are running a rather sloppy bear spec. Do not expect to do any real cat dps with your current build. I cannot comment on your gear cause you logged in your resto gear, also your resto spec is fail aswell. Best thing you can do is stop being lazy and read the cat guide in the forums. Spec right gear up proper and learn dps priorities. Ferals don't have rotations, learn what needs to be up at all times and in what order, do so and you shouldn't fail so much. Remember that feral is a hard spec to play properly, most simply cannot cope with its high amount of micromanaging.

at the end of feral dps spec and raiding u feel like a rotation slave

you arent having fun enjoying the game experiance
    some fu-tard has made u a slave.
    make sure your happy when raiding. once u got ur spec and rotation ready.
    its supposed to be fun.-not a hassle.
    To play those millions of minds,to watch them slowly respond to an unseen stimulus to guide theyr aspiration without theyr knowledge-all this whether in high capacities or in humble,is a big and endless game of chess of ever extraordinary excitement
    -sydney west-

Quote Originally Posted by Voodooknyte
    Looking at your Feral spec it seems you are running a rather sloppy bear spec. Do not expect to do any real cat dps with your current build. I cannot comment on your gear cause you logged in your resto gear, also your resto spec is fail aswell. Best thing you can do is stop being lazy and read the cat guide in the forums. Spec right gear up proper and learn dps priorities. Ferals don't have rotations, learn what needs to be up at all times and in what order, do so and you shouldn't fail so much. Remember that feral is a hard spec to play properly, most simply cannot cope with its high amount of micromanaging.
    was that at me? both the OP and I logged in a resto set with bear secondary lol

I know my resto spec is odd, but it works for me. It's a third spec, usually I'm cookie cutter feral cat/the bear spec I've got up now.

While cat may not actually have a rotation it's easiest to call it that. If you have the timing of it down it feels like a (very long) rotation. Raid buffed my set it's ~10k AP, little above 50% crit, ~650 ArP, ~200 hit and kinda bad expertise (none other than talents). But my only point of posting was to say you have to practice quite a bit to get good at feral dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimgore
    Likely you'll never use ArP (You can figure that out if you actually stick with it)"
    Again, what? After reaching a certain level of ArP with gear, it becomes the best stat to stack, the amount you benefit from it increases better than linearly.

Quote Originally Posted by insurgi
    at the end of feral dps spec and raiding u feel like a rotation slave

you arent having fun enjoying the game experiance
    some fu-tard has made u a slave.
    make sure your happy when raiding. once u got ur spec and rotation ready.
    its supposed to be fun.-not a hassle.

IMO the best part about a fight is how challenging it is. I wouldn't be interested in spamming 1 ability the whole fight. The best designed fights to me are the ones that have the most going on, (KT, council, Arch, etc.), and not tank and spanks. Similarily, I've had more fun keeping up a feral rotation and being happy with the dps it can output when done correctly than I've had raiding with other classes. Of course, this is my personal opinion - but the general outcry today seems to be fight simplification or fights getting easier (when in fact a lot of fights today have more interesting mechanics than old bosses ever did)

I didn't see it mentioned here, but I personally use EventHorizon (http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ntHorizon.html) for feral dps. FeralByNight is a very good resource for getting a "feel" for the rotation as well. I recommend using it on a target dummy while also watching EventHorizon until you don't have to think as hard about what to do next. Trying to use FbN on actual boss fights will end up being a crutch and limit your dps though. As far as your talent spec goes, most have already said what needs to be said. You can look at mine if you want a good guideline. Mongoose is fine on your weapon (it's what I use). Get your gems straightened out (I recommend Agi over ArPen for learning. The additional crit will help you keep on top of your rotation.)

Beyond all that, just make sure to maximize your dps time. If your tank is good, you should be able to start dpsing with a second or two of the pull. Use berserk directly after your first tiger's fury. Don't Ferocious Bite while berserking unless your about out of energy anyway, just keep shredding even if you have 5CP. Always think about little things you can do to maximize your dps (feral charge/sprint over to the next mob on a target change, know when and where a tank may be moving so you can stay in range while he/she does so, try not to EVER not be attacking something when you have a target available)

Btw, since there's a lot of bad information in this thread, I should probably qualify my own response. I'm in a top 50 US guild, and have set several dps and tanking records on WMO for druids. I've contributed heavily to the EJ threads, and also did some bugfixing work on FbN for Nightcrowler.

Thaeryn - Dethecus

15+ Year Old Account

WMO records are only a small portion of the wow population. I know a few people on this board and also on my server who have beaten most of those feral records last time i looked (which was before TOTC came out)

Feral DPS just takes getting use to it all.

When I first hit 80, I didn't have a clue on what to do so I just looked up the rotation and do atleast 3k dps on movement fights.

you could try dyeing your hair