Thread: Advice vs RMP

Advice vs RMP

Hey,

I'm a frost DK running with a Survival hunter and a disc priest.
    We aren't at a high rating, but we're climbing.

One team composition causes us real problems, so I was hoping some better players (or even some RMP teams) could offer up some advice, as we're completely at a loss.

We've tried blowing up the rogue, we've tried CC the rogue through his defensive cooldowns and then blowing him up. The latter has probably seen the most success for us (in that we survived a tiny bit longer?). We generally can't get near the mage, and when we go for the priest our own priest dies too quickly.

We aren't particularly experienced in PvP, and none of us have played as a rogue so they are the biggest mystery in the equation but we are at a loss on how to beat the comp. The games usually end quickly, which makes it difficult to assess what we can do differently.

ty in advance for any help

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Advice vs RMP

go unholy
    http://www.twitch.tv/cheezy_123
    14/14H SoO <Divinity>

Quote Originally Posted by cyqu
    go unholy
    Care to expand your answer?
    What in the Unholy toolbox would make them win vs RMP?

omg you have two mage killer class (dk and hunter) but with the wrong specs go unholy and BM but the pressure on the mage while doing minor cc's on the rogue, but use always the chain of ice and dead grip on the mage next to a blink for example.

I play rpm (priest) and its hard for us to kill a stup like that the mage simply cannt do nothing and is nuked in seconds after the 2º or even the 1º iceblock.

Don't rely know why unholy, but my guess is the dmg you do at range you will be frost nova / slowed a lot (still you have a dispeller) and you slow them down with desecration.

Quote Originally Posted by Elween
    omg you have two mage killer class (dk and hunter) but with the wrong specs go unholy and BM but the pressure on the mage while doing minor cc's on the rogue, but use always the chain of ice and dead grip on the mage next to a blink for example.

I play rpm (priest) and its hard for us to kill a stup like that the mage simply cannt do nothing and is nuked in seconds after the 2º or even the 1º iceblock.

Don't rely know why unholy, but my guess is the dmg you do at range you will be frost nova / slowed a lot (still you have a dispeller) and you slow them down with desecration.
    Thanks, that is useful.

I don't think we'll respec for the one comp, at least not at our low ratings. That does give us something we can work with though. We didn't really experiement too much with the mage, but I think we might be able to buy ourselves a fighting chance if we pressure the mage early.

@Elween

How is a BM hunter an anti-mage class? I'm SV in PvP and I can't see how I can beat a Mage or Lock in a one-on-one situation.

1º on the arena there isn't such a thing as one on one (at least with all team members alive). An right now BM is abit OP (thats why it will be nerved abit) if you catch a mage without iceblock and use BW his a dead mage (im saying guys with the same lvl gear / skill ofc) now add a dk slowing him down and deathgrip to the right spot for nuke.

i can be wrong but thats what they try to do at us.

Think about it like this... when you attack a rogue he is still doing 100% of his damage, when you kite/CC a rogue he is doing 1% of his damage (deadly throw ftw). When you attack the rogue the mage is doing 100% of his damage and is CCing your healer, when you attack the mage he is doing ~30% of his damage and is not CCing your healer.

If your priest can dispell the mage then there isn't going to be much he can do vs a DK and a Hunter. If you are getting kited as a DK by anything in the game other than a BM hunter while he has TBWI active then you are doing it wrong. Spam chains of ice. Let me repeat... SPAM CHAINS OF ICE. That is why unholy is better. You can BB for death runes to spam COI more because in order to wreck a mage as a DK there is no skill involved, you just have to spam chains of ice. If you are losing, you are trying to use too many of your abilities and are not spamming chains of ice enough. Your rotation should be COI, COI, BB, BB, Dump, COI, COI, COI, COI, Dump

Use that rotation and you'll instantly be a pro. I play a mage and that is how i lose to DKs, i also play a DK and that is how i kill mages. Stop thinking and start spamming, your a DK.

(there may have been some exaggerations posted above, the concept is still the same)
    70 Warlock - The Scryers
    80 Hunter - Gorefiend
    80 Druid - Gorefiend
    80 Death knight - Gorefiend
    80 Shaman - Gorefiend
    80 Mage - Gorefiend

Alas it is blood strike and pestilence that generate death runes (as frost or unholy), and a mage can kite a DK quite effectively. Still, the hunter's damage with the priest dispelling would hopefully be enough to take a mage down, and I do have some tools to close a mage temporarily with the likes of deathgrip, chains, silence and AMS.

We'll give it a go.

Quote Originally Posted by Valilor
    @Elween

How is a BM hunter an anti-mage class? I'm SV in PvP and I can't see how I can beat a Mage or Lock in a one-on-one situation.
    step 1: send pet on mage.
    step 2: pop Bestial Wrath/Beast Within.
    step 3: Profit.
    This user has been banned.

Try not to die.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Hohenhe%C3%ADm
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Caim
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottK15
    skill>penis/vag

Unholy + BM will be able to apply enough pressure so the team goes into defensive mode. Once your hunter hits BM, with masters call, death grip, and chains spam you should be able to apply enough pressure in that time period to either get a kill, or force an ice block.

Quote Originally Posted by lizard
    step 1: send pet on mage.
    step 2: pop Bestial Wrath/Beast Within.
    step 3: Profit.
    There is so much truth from what that poster said...

holy crap you have Mass dispell, defensive and offensive dispells, a hunter and a dk and you cant kill a mage...

first off, spec BM / Unholy, then full on tunnel vision the mage, dispell all the slows on the dk, death grip blinks, stun him with your pet, make sure to spread your diseases just to do more damage, mass dispell his iceblock, dispell all his buffs, and he will die so fast, just slow the rogue, fear him, trap him, chains of ice, etc and even if mage is proving to be a problem for you, just quick swap to the rogue with a strangulate on priest and you will probably get a quick kill anyway.