Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: HL spam Vs. FL spam

Quote Originally Posted by Zendashi
    I use holy shock every time it is off CD and immediately after I hit a FoL whether it proced for instant cast or not. If the tank is suddenly down a huge amount of health I usually hit a holy shock, FoL then HL. The only time I find myself spamming HL much is the occasional Patchwerk25 fights.
    we are talking about fl vs hl spam, in end game content, not content u can do in blue 200ilvl gear. if you are still doing nax 25, i am so sorry for u, even our alt 25 runs we do now are ulduar 25.

Quote Originally Posted by darthceltic
    we are talking about fl vs hl spam, in end game content, not content u can do in blue 200ilvl gear. if you are still doing nax 25, i am so sorry for u, even our alt 25 runs we do now are ulduar 25.
    There's no reason to berate him for the Patchwork comment, regardless of where you personally are in progression.

To answer the OP's question: learn to gauge your heals to the amount of incoming damage. With experience, you'll be able to immediately recognize if your healing output is "getting behind" on the incoming damage. The only time I've literally had to spam nothing but holy light to keep a tank alive would have been while I was healing the Steelbreaker tank while doing I Choose You, Steelbreaker. Even in that situation, it's really only during phases 2 and 3, which don't last long assuming you have enough DPS to get the achievement in the first place.

TLDR: Don't mindlessly spam any heal. Learn to predict, and adapt to, incoming damage and use the appropriate heal.

pallies who predict damage and don't spam overheals are pallies with dead tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by darthceltic
    pallies who are bad at predicting damage and don't spam overheals are pallies with dead tanks.
    fix'd that for you

Seriously. 5 pages on this crap again.

Do druids argue whether to spam lifebloom or regrowth. No. Shall I tell you why?

YOU USE BOTH OF THEM.

Only paladins could be this retarded.

"Impale in 1.5 seconds!"- HOLY LIGHT
    "Dreadscale enrages!"- HOLY LIGHT

It's called a situtation. Different situations require different spells. Maybe when the paladin community learns how to use the THREE spells we have, Blizzard will give us more.

Quote Originally Posted by Mur.
    Seriously. 5 pages on this crap again.

Do druids argue whether to spam lifebloom or regrowth. No. Shall I tell you why?

YOU USE BOTH OF THEM.

Only paladins could be this retarded.

"Impale in 1.5 seconds!"- HOLY LIGHT
    "Dreadscale enrages!"- HOLY LIGHT

It's called a situtation. Different situations require different spells. Maybe when the paladin community learns how to use the THREE spells we have, Blizzard will give us more.
    speaking of people who have no clue, grats on that.

the thread is about building your toon to be able to spam hl as much as u can, or building it with sp and haste and using fl as much as u can.

HL + Glyph is awesome

If you have mana problem remember to always melee the boss in free time (if you can) you get ALOT more mana then youd expect from doing that. I rarely use DP except in parts like Anub P2 or XT Heart Phase.

But like everyone has said, it's situational. Mostly for HMs and Heroics now a days though Holy Light spam will always win.

Quote Originally Posted by Mur.
    Maybe because they're busy arguing between whether to spam nourish or to spam regrowth.