Quartz Latency Aproximation

It seems like I have the ping ingame stable, and that is what either game, fubar, sldatatext, or any other addon that can display latency shows.
    To test the casting latency I use quartz.
    When I start chain castig flash of light, after 1 2 casts I start to see that my latency is not that stable, and I get on some casts even half the line red. The red line shows as I know a calculation of ping based on the last cast latency. What is odd is that quartz is not showing bad, and I kind of have my latency modified such way that I can't even csat for like 1/5 of a second, after the cast bar was filled.
    Is like having bad latency and the cast I just did, takes longer to register.
    I would really like some feedback on this. My normal latency is 180-220 without the registry trick, and 50-80 with the registry trick.
    Strange that I have like every 2-4 casts one cast that takes longer, and I lose alot of time cause of it.
    I have an older computer, and I might have problems due to low fps?(really low fps I have in raids, but testing in world I have 50-80 fps but the lag on cast is still there).
    Any idea what to try? A traceroute or 3droute looks pretty nice. It shouldn't be the internet. Unfortunately I can't ping the wow server, so I can't test if some of the pings are actualy much bigger, to show bad latency. Any ideea about what to test with? Or any ideea about how to fix?

Re: Quartz Latency Aproximation

Sounds like packetloss or server-lag to me.

Tested with WinMtr so far, and doesn;t show any packet loss :|
    Strange, is it server lag then?
    Is it normal for a wow server?

Quote Originally Posted by cerbul
    Tested with WinMtr so far, and doesn;t show any packet loss :|
    Strange, is it server lag then?
    Is it normal for a wow server?
    do you have wlan or any over wireless shit? if yes, there's your problem.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

I have the exact same problems, and I do have wireless. Any way to solve it? it's kinda annoyin at times

Beaconz and Beacs - Dentarg horde

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Releaf
    I have the exact same problems, and I do have wireless. Any way to solve it? it's kinda annoyin at times
    Plug it :P
    I am a Leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Releaf
    stop using the microwave lol
    or
    Quote Originally Posted by Leafre
    Plug it :P

If you ahve Windows XP (not sure about Vista or windows 7) a workaround if you really HAVE to keep your connection wireless is to disable Wireless Zero Configuration service after you connected to the game. Ofc you will need to reenable it when you will start the game again, since this is Microsoft way of testing for active connections. Microsoft should try to search for active wireless connections all the time, or from time to time (1 min or so) and taht hits your fps also together with your conenction like a hammer. So, if really needed to keep it wireless, I believe that this fix should make it smooth.

For my connection, I don't use wireless, and I have an optical wired connection which is really imba. Any other ideas?

Seems like I've been that unlucky to have the ping going perfectly when I tested it with a ping program. Now every time I test it it shows a huge ping (like 700+) every 2 3 seconds. Any idea what can cause this? It only from me to the gateway from waht I see in the Winmtr/tracert results.
    Ofc some of the packets transltate into loss, hainv between 5% and 7% loss, but considering the pings that do register but only after like 700 ms, this would mean like having 20% loss. (that is the feeling).
    Problem found, but now solution if anyone can help. Already contacted my ISP and waiting for him to test. Anyone knows what is usualy causing this problem at a provider? Like no packet sended to provider is registering for 700 ms, every 2 3 seconds.