yet again another newbie.

Hi there, grammar police can rest because english is not my born language.
    What i would like to see in replies:
    1.) DPS blood pve build and frost tanking build[or if there is better aka unholy or blood] ( cuz stickie is outdated)
    2.) What gems to use and wich are waste of money (dont think about +20 to pricy atm)
    3.) Must have addons for DK. (frost tanking is a possibility so addons for that are welcomed)
    4.) Any tips wich i missed.

Thank you for readling this topic.
    P.S no point in armory because im lvl 75 and it's an alt.
    You'd wish to see my armory link here!

Re: yet again another newbie.

Quote Originally Posted by dr4g0n
    Hi there, grammar police can rest because english is not my born language.
    What i would like to see in replies:
    1.) DPS blood pve build and frost tanking build[or if there is better aka unholy or blood] ( cuz stickie is outdated)
    2.) What gems to use and wich are waste of money (dont think about +20 to pricy atm)
    3.) Must have addons for DK. (frost tanking is a possibility so addons for that are welcomed)
    4.) Any tips wich i missed.

Thank you for readling this topic.
    P.S no point in armory because im lvl 75 and it's an alt.
    Und ve shall haf all zis on mine desk by 2:30! NOT EIN SECOND LATER!

Blood is the tank spec of choice for raiding right now. That may or may not change in 3.2.2. Frost DW has actually been shown to outperform blood DPS by small but noticeable amounts. For builds, I have a fairly standard (if you ignore the glyphs) tank build and the standard blood dps build. My armory is http://www.wowarmory.com/character-t...r=Misha&n=Ajai

Gems: For tank, stamina. For DPS, strength. Any questions? No? Good. If you absolutely must use another color, like for a meta, for tank use stam/dodge or stam/hit(or expertise depending on if you're hit/expertise capped), for DPS use str/hit/expertise or str/stam I guess? (is there another purple gem that works better?) For metas, tank uses austere earthseige, dps uses... oh that one with crit rating and increased crit damage.

I tank primarily, the addons I use are xPerl, satrina buff frames, deadly boss mods, bartender, recount, and omen.

Tips: There are a ton of DKs out there. Do your research, practice, and get good. Take the time to read the elitist jerks threads and familiarize yourself with the class and its abilities, learn not just what to do but how and why, otherwise every patch the sky is falling. Do that and you might stand out from the pack enough to get the group and the guild and the reputation.

along with EJ that was mentioned above, another good spot to start is to go and look at those 4 guilds that just down anub heroic 25 man and look at their players specs/gear. They are doing 7-10k dps, healers obviously doing their job because that fight is insane to heal, and tanks take tons of damage.

Check out the theory crafting websites, then go to the people actually doing it and compare. This holds true for any role in wow, tank dps or heals.

Quote Originally Posted by Skiball
    along with EJ that was mentioned above, another good spot to start is to go and look at those 4 guilds that just down anub heroic 25 man and look at their players specs/gear. They are doing 7-10k dps, healers obviously doing their job because that fight is insane to heal, and tanks take tons of damage.

Check out the theory crafting websites, then go to the people actually doing it and compare. This holds true for any role in wow, tank dps or heals.
    Be careful looking at the tanks in those guilds! A lot of them respec for a particular fight (like Anub) and will have a spec that doesn't work anywhere else. Luckily it's usually their offspec, but just be aware of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawrdoxe
    if you are gearing up from heroics (getting t8 items from emblems) you should go frost since its alot easier to hold threat
    I've never had an issue holding threat as blood, even AoE. Blood boil, keeping diseases up and spread, death strike often (Heals, as long as they aren't overheals, are AoE threat), open with Death and Decay, and they stick to you like glue.

Deleted

Don't ask how to gear, learn to play for yourself...if your max gear and you still have trouble with doing your job right THAN you could ask help.

Don't be this game or level a character if your intentions are to put zero effort in it. I HAZ SPOKEN. :-X

Only time a frost dw spec has outdps'd me is when there is 6+ mobs other than that they cant even come close.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarroy
    Only time a frost dw spec has outdps'd me is when there is 6+ mobs other than that they cant even come close.
    I just had a friend leave his guild where he was doing top DPS and go to a larger guild where he's now hovering around 10th.

In other words, your experience isn't exactly everything