Tank healing anub'arak HC as a disc priest.

Hello there! So me and my guild have been trying to do anub hc since ToC HC was out. We have done the bosses up to anub rather good i would say, with 34 atempts the first week, and 46 tries left this week.

So the problem is as i am the MT / OT healer i cant seem to keep both OT, and MT up at the same time. My hps is from 3500-3700 as a disceplin and i dont think i can do much more than that with my current gear:http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...naros&n=Ekorin

So i was just wondering if any other disc priest have tried this fight? and got some tips for me, or something they want to point out?

(We got anub down to 500k at one try but both tanked died as cooldowns ran out)

Thanks

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Tank healing anub'arak HC as a disc priest.

What healer do you have offhealing the tank/raid?
    I tried healing it as disc but found speccing holy and bringing in a pally to MT heal was alot better, especially with body and soul for p2.

Been doing it with a resto druid so it isent to much lack of raid healing(he is doing 5,5k+). Ye the body and soul talent is pretty sweet in the fight, but we have nps clearing it untill p3 starts:/

I couldn't see anywhere in your post if you were running 10 or 25 man, but I'm presuming it's 10 since you only mentioned 1 other healer.

If that's the case I would say to bring in another healer, preferably a Holy Pala to help you Tank Heal. Even as Disc you're going to have a hell of a time keeping up a MT and OT on you own. It would be a lot easier to have a Pala helping you.

If you group can only afford to have 2 healers then I think a Holy Pala might need to replace you. The fact that they can beacon means they'll have an easier time healing both at the same time.

I've not got up to Anub yet so I couldn't say about that encounter, but we usually run with 3 healers, 1 each on each tank and the last on the raid. It usually works well.

I am Priest - Play Free Online Games

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

We've done it this week using only 2 healers, a paladin and a druid.
    The hardest part is keeping the tanks up, we've had a couple of unlucky tank deaths even with both the druid and the paladin healing the tanks (we tank two adds during p3). That said, trying to keep two tanks up as disc on that encounter seems rather hard to me, so your best bet would be getting a paladin and ditch a dps (if the remaining dps can burn him in p3 before everybody dies) or swap your spot with a holy paladin, because I don't see it happen the way you're doing it now

You have pretty low Crit for a Disc Priest ... or do you change gear ?!
    And i wouldn't Specc the Instant heal ... u have Penance&Shield.
    Make use of Shield=>Penance=>GH
    Get Flash heal glyph instead of that Pain Supression

hehe ye soz, we do it 10 man. Well the problem about the ecounter is that if u got pepole below 5(or 6k?)k dps you wont be able to get anub down with 2 phase 1's. Thats why most pepole run it with 2 healers and not 3, which would make the healing rather easly

Guess we will see how it goes next week as i might have to give up my spot on anub for a Hpala as u were saying.

Ye i switch some parts off my gear out when i heal as disc (not using the 4 set of t8.5) But got around 20% crit which might be abit low as disc but i dont rlly see a big problem in that, aslong as my hps is high enough.

Even with 3 Healers it won't be too easy, I would imagine. I'm not in a hardcore guild so we've only had a few bashes at TOC, but even with 3 we can sometimes wipe.

I would say if you can drop a DPS and still do it, then switch them out for a healer. Again I don't know what enrage timers etc are like for Anub but that would be my preferred otpion.

If you definitely can't drop a DPS then you may have to be dropped for a Holy Pala. I just don't think a Disc Priest is going to be able to keep up a MT and OT on their own. Not unless you radically outgear the instance, which I presume you don't. (Not a jibe at you, just an assumption as the instance is still newish)

I am Priest - Play Free Online Games

Its no debuff on tank, and the prob is not the adds beeing away from the boss as they are inrange of aeo Its just the healing of 2 tanks that take 20k hits (atleast MT) that is really hard to keep up with the Draining in p3 aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by smeedsc
    case of adds not going down? Debuff on tank? Adds not being tanked close enough for ranged aoe?

I find phase three, the bubbles are great for keeping the raid's health still low to cut anub's healing down, but still alive, with the assistance of hots.

Perhaps talk a bit with the druid, a bit more focus from he on the tanks and some bubble spam on the raid from you may balance things out. Just an idea.
    Something like what this guys said. Sounds like it could be the raid coordination and not you but you could also just not be that good for all I know because HPS doesn't mean jack shit really.

Discipline is the master of burst healing big spikes and padding health to make big hits seem smaller. I've healed both tanks on anub before so it's doable.

Just keep Pom up every single CD of the time, Renew up 100% of the time (yeah even as Disc) Power Infusion every single CD, and save Penance for when they take spikes. That with Constant shields, even on other players so you have Borrowed Time for Penance and you should be fine.

EX - <PIE CHART> US TOP 10 Check 'em out http://piechart-guild.com/