Thread: Shamans PvP

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Shamans PvP

With the new earthen power nerf for enhance its hard to say wether or not they will be viable after the patch. I agree with blizzard that cleansing totem does need a change but however i believe a nerf to shamans at this point when they are barely viable in arena at all is critical that other buffs must be replaced for the loss of these effects. I really think compared to other classes shamans are definately one of the under-dogs just in front of hunters (poor hunters lol).
    I like the elemental buffs but i really don't see the point and those small changes are more of a nuisance change and will change your dps from about 50-100dps, (Not massive for wotlk).
    If you say 'plz' because it is shorter than 'please' than i will say 'no' because it is shorter than 'yes'

Re: Shamans PvP

nothing wrong with hunters =/

Enhancement shaman is an underdog in PvP!? News to me! When did this happen!? OMG!

If you haven't caught on yet this is sarcasm. QQ more about enhancement PvP woes, they have been bad at PvP since the start of BC, guess what though! You have 2 other trees that are completely viable in arena! So quit your QQ another specc.

Quote Originally Posted by Tunak
    Enhancement shaman is an underdog in PvP!? News to me! When did this happen!? OMG!

If you haven't caught on yet this is sarcasm. QQ more about enhancement PvP woes, they have been bad at PvP since the start of BC, guess what though! You have 2 other trees that are completely viable in arena! So quit your QQ another specc.
    Elemental viable for arena!? News to me! When did this happen!? OMG!

c wat i did thar? -_-

Seriously, Elemental is not arena viable.

Tunak, your approach to the issue is just idiotic. Just gtfo. As for getting buffs to compensate for any nerfs we get? Yeah, maybe in a year or two.

"Viable" is a really hard to define word for specs.

1.) You say enhancement isn't viable, but it's won more tournaments than resto and elemental combined.
    2.) On live, elemental > resto > enhancement in terms of representation over 2k and 2.2k.
    3.) Most professional WoW players say that of the 3 shaman specs, resto is the strongest.

So, yeah, a blanket statement like "enhancement isn't viable" isn't accurate, because it just depends on how you look at it.

Fact is, though, enhancement was considered one of the worst specs in the game until MLG Dallas when Flexx shows up rocking the spirit wolves. SUDDENLY, enhancement becomes a nerf worthy spec. It seems like a knee-jerk reaction from Blizzard and I do think that enhancement needs some compensatory buffs. Even if enhancement gets earthen power to be a snare removal for the team and a mini-freedom on only the casting shaman on only the first pulse.

Quote Originally Posted by Moar Pew Pew

c wat i did thar? -_-

LOL?

elemental is one of the strongest 3v3 specs IN THE GAME right now

you probably just suck

Quote Originally Posted by Mipsy
    LOL?

elemental is one of the strongest 3v3 specs IN THE GAME right now

you probably just suck
    If blizzard removes BL, you wont see a shaman doing arenas btw, BL is the only thing that makes a difference, that one spell
    Man often meets his destiny, on the path he takes to avoid it.

Quote Originally Posted by Posokhov

1.) You say enhancement isn't viable, but it's won more tournaments than resto and elemental combined.
    2.) On live, elemental > resto > enhancement in terms of representation over 2k and 2.2k.
    3.) Most professional WoW players say that of the 3 shaman specs, resto is the strongest.

So, yeah, a blanket statement like "enhancement isn't viable" isn't accurate, because it just depends on how you look at it.

Fact is, though, enhancement was considered one of the worst specs in the game until MLG Dallas when Flexx shows up rocking the spirit wolves. SUDDENLY, enhancement becomes a nerf worthy spec. It seems like a knee-jerk reaction from Blizzard and I do think that enhancement needs some compensatory buffs. Even if enhancement gets earthen power to be a snare removal for the team and a mini-freedom on only the casting shaman on only the first pulse.
    I see what your saying, and Elemental is very viable in 3s/5s bracket but compared to a warlock the only difference u bring is buffs, which you can argue is the core of the class.
    Enhancement on the other hand has only risen due to the rescent buffs that wer handed out last patch, them taking away our bread and butter this next patch i think will ruin the specs representation in arena.

Hell the MAIN reason im in a melee cleave comp is purely because of earthen power.
    If you play enhance you will agree switching between Tremor and EB, and of coarse stoneskin before the set is time consuming and it probably takes me 5-6 globals before i actualy start up my dps rotation. Also the 12yard radius on this totem isnt very pleasing but the pulse makes it work. Them removing the pulse = gg Enhance.
    If you say 'plz' because it is shorter than 'please' than i will say 'no' because it is shorter than 'yes'

Quote Originally Posted by Posokhov

Totaly agree. But i disagree that only "Flexx shows up rocking spirit wolves" was so critical... Blizz thinking about right things but in wrong way - instead nerf earthen power then need other solution coz this nerf will cause enh support (his main role) to become worse. Cant rly understand "overpover" of 5hp cleansing totem, cant understand why earthen power, one of our main benefits, need to benerfed, and ofc cant understand why im still running in fear in next gcd after i place tremor (tremor was up but in 1st 3 sec i run out of its range under fear...it happend A LOT).

P.S. instead changing talents better keep eye on whole totemic system...instead of balance totems 1 by 1 find the way to balance ther summary.

My english was bad, but since I left EU for my own loc. server it become even more bad. Sorry for leaving You, EU :P

IMO, ever hear of Push? Gladiator Enhancement shaman all during BC who was above 2.2k in every bracket. Maybe it was because he was on a poor bg group or had an awesome team. But the fact of the matter is, Enhancement isnt a run-of the mill spec. You have to know every other class in and out, and how to counter them. Unlike death knights where you can just run in an hit a few buttons to bring a target to 30 percent.

And enhancement is COMPLETELY viable in arenas right. I run 2's with a prot warrior. I'm in deadly with relentless honor gear, and we hit 1601 a day or 2 ago. Sure its not that high. But compared to other cookie cutters like priest rogue and prot pally dk, i say that we do well.
    At the end of the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box.

both Enha, Ele and Resto Shamans are VERY viable in Arenas atm, mostly 3v3 and 5v5, but that's also the once that are interesting due to the 2v2 chances...

try this:

3v3: http://www.arenajunkies.com/rankings/3v3/

5v5: http://www.arenajunkies.com/rankings/5v5/

Boombjørn
    PvP Resto - 0/18/53

Quote Originally Posted by Thundrax
    With the new earthen power nerf for enhance its hard to say wether or not they will be viable after the patch. I agree with blizzard that cleansing totem does need a change but however i believe a nerf to shamans at this point when they are barely viable in arena at all is critical that other buffs must be replaced for the loss of these effects. I really think compared to other classes shamans are definately one of the under-dogs just in front of hunters (poor hunters lol).
    I like the elemental buffs but i really don't see the point and those small changes are more of a nuisance change and will change your dps from about 50-100dps, (Not massive for wotlk).
    Maybe they should nerf Cleansing totem to 3hp down from 5hp. Nerfing down to 2hp would just be overkill imo. Also if they need to nerf it anymore, make it a stationary totem that does not follow the shaman around the arena and limit it's range to something like 40 yards.

Quote Originally Posted by Moar Pew Pew

c wat i did thar? -_-

If you think that Wizard cleave with an elemental shaman is not viable your an idiot, or terrible at this game or both.

Take any of the following:

Good Frost Mage, Outstanding shadow priest, Phenominal Boomkin, Mediocre - Decent destro lock.

Add any healer besides one of a class that you already have on the team.

Play games.

Prosper.

Quote Originally Posted by Tweb
    IMO, ever hear of Push? Gladiator Enhancement shaman all during BC who was above 2.2k in every bracket. Maybe it was because he was on a poor bg group or had an awesome team. But the fact of the matter is, Enhancement isnt a run-of the mill spec. You have to know every other class in and out, and how to counter them. Unlike death knights where you can just run in an hit a few buttons to bring a target to 30 percent.

And enhancement is COMPLETELY viable in arenas right. I run 2's with a prot warrior. I'm in deadly with relentless honor gear, and we hit 1601 a day or 2 ago. Sure its not that high. But compared to other cookie cutters like priest rogue and prot pally dk, i say that we do well.
    RedKnife had a 2.3k 2v2 team in the heat of s3 Druid / Warrior and as usual Priest / Rogue extravanganza as ELEMENTAL in a MUCH better battle group. Your argument doesnt say much.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeysnarf
    Maybe they should nerf Cleansing totem to 3hp down from 5hp. Nerfing down to 2hp would just be overkill imo. Also if they need to nerf it anymore, make it a stationary totem that does not follow the shaman around the arena and limit it's range to something like 40 yards.
    I lol'd.

The fact is saying that something is viable or not is just poor word choice. I do recall in BC seeing enhancement shaman over 2k. Where there many of them, absolutely not... is it the least represented spec in arena (aside from some prot specs... even then?) wouldn't doubt it. Does this mean that even after the nerf you wont be able to have fun and get a high rating in arena...? That all depends on your, and your teammates level of dedication. I've gotten up to 1600 in a week running beastcleave, and I'm gonna milk it for all its worth, but I am already looking to the future of what I can do to make it a continually viable comp (possibly switching to survival hunter and changing up the strat). I love playing enhancement in arena, even though it is underpowered and underrepresented. If you enjoy it too, you will find a way to not only be viable, but to prosper in arena.

Someone mentioned "If blizzard took BL out you wouldn't see Shaman at all in arena... I agree and all, I just wonder where that statement came from? Did I miss a post about this or was that just an off the wall and pointless statement?"

Well as we can see here:http://www.sk-gaming.com/arena/player/
    17% of TOP players are shamans they are 2nd and it seems their trees are good balanced
    7%- resto 7%- ele 3%- enha
    Total druid population is same like the worst talent tree of shamans...

For what its worth, I was referring only to Enh. I would expect numbers to be higher this season with beast cleave, but I'm sure is still low... 3% sounds about right

Quote Originally Posted by Mermeoth
    Well as we can see here:http://www.sk-gaming.com/arena/player/
    17% of TOP players are shamans they are 2nd and it seems their trees are good balanced
    7%- resto 7%- ele 3%- enha
    Total druid population is same like the worst talent tree of shamans...
    Its called bloodlust brah --- only reason where in arena yet so easy to get around.

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by monkeysnarf

Good idea, and while they're at it. They should make it pulse. Like what, once every 3 seconds or so.

Also: Instant pulse on cast.
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~