Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Black Knight - Phase 2 - Destro

It's... just the black knight.

Set up teleport out of group.

When 2s left on Ghoul summoning channel:

Immolate the Black Knight
    Pet on the Black Knight
    Seed of Corruption spam until ghouls are dead.

Pull aggro? Shatter.

Pull aggro again? Teleport and Immolate/Conflag the targets running at you. You should be able to finish them off.

Ghouls get an arrow (looks like a red V, but different than a Hunters Mark) when they are exploding. They also stop moving and grow larger.

lol, u know how to play destro? Seed of corruption is balls for destro, jus focus on the boss, there really is no reason you should get agro and if u do, sit there and take it and get backlash procs

ehhh, not too be a complete jerk, just AoE everything. All geather up upon the Black Knight and starts AoEing the living shit out of everything. When the summoning is complete just let the tank AoE taunt. The ghoul will die before they explode and healers wont have a hard time at all.

Do not try this with only one AoEDMG dealer though, could be a problem if all ghouls explodes at the same time :P

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by rfarris
    P.S. I *need* the Scarlet Kris!
    L2P Warlock, i hope you are meaning the "Spectral" kris

(did i get it right?)

Unfortunately there really is no excuse to dieing from an exploding ghoul. As others have mentioned, there is a big hunter's mark over the ghouls heads when they are about to explode. They also stop moving and start to grow in size, there should always be plenty of time to get to a safe spot if you are paying attention.

Perhaps the issues you are experiencing are a result of how your group as a whole approaches the fight? At the start of phase 2 it is helpful if the entire group stacks up on the tank and stays there until he has initial aggro on the adds, from then on you can back out and there should only be an add or two at any time in the party which is very easy to deal with. I prefer not to DPS adds at all and just burn the boss down, he will drop very quickly with good DPS at which point all the ghouls stand still and explode(why kill them if they kill themselves). The times I have run with groups who prefer to DPS the adds it has always been kind of messy though it does work. Make sure you work it out with your group ahead of time which way you are going to do the fight. If you are the only one going after the adds you are probably not going to be successful.

Good luck on the Kris.

Quote Originally Posted by nippsie
    Unfortunately there really is no excuse to dieing from an exploding ghoul. As others have mentioned, there is a big hunter's mark over the ghouls heads when they are about to explode.
    Yeah. I got it now. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by nippsie
    At the start of phase 2 it is helpful if the entire group stacks up on the tank and stays there until he has initial aggro on the adds, from then on you can back out and there should only be an add or two at any time in the party which is very easy to deal with.
    Great idea! I'm accustomed to running to the tank when I pickup an add, but this general strat on this fight would have to make it much cleaner. All stack on the tank until he gets aggro on the ghouls. Nice. It's gotta be the same solution for the ghouls in Culling of Stratholme, although those can generally just be ignored.

Spectral Kris, Spectral Kris, Spectral Kris.

My suggestion (this is what I do)...ignore ghouls completely...dps boss down in 2nd phase...run away from ghouls that are going to explode and dps the boss in 3rd phase. If you run low on health..if healer is slow getting to you used Death coil, health pot, or health stone. Granted I never get that low.

Quote Originally Posted by rfarris
    Lol again. That's a terrific pointer suggested earlier in the thread by Gherkin. I've seen that but assumed the hunter was marking them. I'm still chuckling over that one.
    just for future reference, hunters can only mark one target at a time
    Quote Originally Posted by JonTargaryen
    Jaina isn't thinking with her head, she's thinking with her jaina.
    Quote Originally Posted by JesseVentura
    This stuff'll make you a goddamn sexual Tyrannosaurus. . . just like me.

Having dpsed, tanked and healed this fight I can say these things:

1- You cannot expect the tank to hold aggro on the ghouls. They reset, drop aggro, w/e, lunge and stun. If you are more than 10 yards away from the tank you couldn't complain anyway.
    2- The melee damage of the ghouls is trifling. It is easily healed through as long as noone is getting sploded.
    3- If you have the Black Knight targeted you will see him cast 'ghoul explosion'. They will not explode if you kill them before this. As the tank, I try to keep them grouped up and then move 15 yards in one direction every time I see him cast that unless I can clearly see that it is away from me.
    4- Once he dies, get away from all the ghouls as they will now splode.
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

like screwtape said, the damage is minimal unless they are exploding, so just ignore them... if you must, sick your pet on them... just keep YOUR focus on the DK and burn him down...

if you see them about to pop... run away, they don't move when they begin to explode...

if it's really a problem... stand next to healer, he'll out aggro you... and hey, if the healer dies... that's what the soulstone was for... yw, healie...

Quote Originally Posted by Peepo
    ...stand next to healer, he'll out aggro you...
    Lol. I like that idea, too.

If I am Destro, I would start with a seeds of corruption on the knight while he is summoning his ghouls. Then get everyone stand near the tank and start aoeing the ghouls.
    If the group's tactic is to nuke down the knight, then it would be simple. Just stand close to the tank, make sure your healer can keep everyone up and it would be fine.

An off-topic approach, since I dual-spec Destro & Meta Demo build and thus I usually go demo for this. When P2 comes, melee range Meta>Immo Aura + Rain of Fire, the extra armor from meta allows you to survive the ghouls' melee, and those ghouls have aggro resets anyway, so burn yourself and see the dps count flying.

Quote Originally Posted by CCloak
    If I am Destro, I would start with a seeds of corruption on the knight while he is summoning his ghouls. Then get everyone stand near the tank and start aoeing the ghouls.
    If the group's tactic is to nuke down the knight, then it would be simple. Just stand close to the tank, make sure your healer can keep everyone up and it would be fine.

An off-topic approach, since I dual-spec Destro & Meta Demo build and thus I usually go demo for this. When P2 comes, melee range Meta>Immo Aura + Rain of Fire, the extra armor from meta allows you to survive the ghouls' melee, and those ghouls have aggro resets anyway, so burn yourself and see the dps count flying.
    seed of corruption?... do NOT waste any dps doing aoe's... just keep bombing the bk... man, if the healer can't heal you through a ghoul's weak attack, there's no way he'll heal you through p3...

10+ Year Old Account

Nuke the black knight as any other boss, ignore the adds. When the boss is dead, everyone moves away from the adds.

Usually, when on my Dk as dps I just aoe the adds to hell. Never died from it.