Thread: Ret SoV

Ret SoV

For PvE shouldnt they have a consume spell for our stacks of vengeance/corruption....that way when we move the stacks move? It would at least help to a degree right? I am only ulduar gear with 1 T8 and does 4.8 dps sometimes 5k depending on the raid group but when on other toon and on my ret when a Ret Paladin switches dps drops.

Yes I do know that "dps" on recount will drop due to no time dps'n and DoTs rolling when switching. But something I honestly will think will help is a consuming spell. It still wouldnt be OP for pvp seeing that everyone has a dispell just about.

What do you guys think about it?

I have a rogue so I cant complain about ramp up time but one hits constantly and the other doesnt..would make sense....lemme know something

Re: Ret SoV

but when on other toon and on my ret when a Ret Paladin switches dps drops.
    ???
    [85 - Paladin][ armory ]

Dont smoke that shit so much

Rather they should let it proc from all physical attacks so it would take just 2-3 secs to fully stack it and not waste first two judgements with low dmg and seal doing almost no dmg.
    There is no any other class which have to stack something for 10-15s raid buffed WF/BL to gain full dmg potencial. For example TOC Beast of Northrend fight is fcking anoying. Im dropping from 6-6,5k dps on first finishing with 4,8-5kdps on Icehowl and rather Im not even saying that after charge when he is aprox 15-20 sec vulnerable to dmg ret is just stacking SoV duing absolutely lowest dmg from whole raid ... and there is many others fight where you have to switch targets often ... or they should increase seal dmg to compensate this for non static fights. Anyway we are fcking far from DKs or Droods both hybrids any spec.

SoC is now doing lowest dps from all seals and judgements even less then glyphed SoR. The new change for SoC curretnly on PTRs will do at least from SoC dung and aoe seal trying to compensate its poor dmg with hitting more targets. But it doesnt solve raid problems. I dont care about PvP but I tried after patch with decent gear 4200ap unbuff 27% crit 700 resi hiting with soc for 500-700 a crits for 800-1000 LOL. Retribution is fcking dead spec again.

get a prot pala in the raid and your done... until 3.2.2 atleast when they change SoV so you have to stack it yourself

anyway, having it procing from all phys attacks will be op in pvp... thats why it was changed in the first place
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." (Albert Einstein)

thats not a solution to the problem,

PVP ruins pve too much. I hate pvp >.>

SoV should stack on all melee attacks and if that is too OP for pvp they should find a way for it not to suck when you have to switch targets.

I hope cataclysm fixes this at the least, because of course hope they solve it sooner
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande

15+ Year Old Account

The debuff that causes increased dmg will be separate from the dot portion , and it wont be a debuff but rather a buff on the player. The buff will still stack only from auto attacks. But with it stacking on the player, as long as you are in melee range, you will always have the buff. It can be spell stolen, one charge at a time. It remains balanced for pvp.

These are all my opininons about the way I would like SoV to work.

There have also been many threads about this topic. No need to continue on with this debate. We got a little better dps with this change from SoB/M, but it is far from perfect.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Vasti
    PVP ruins pve too much. I hate pvp >.>

SoV should stack on all melee attacks and if that is too OP for pvp they should find a way for it not to suck when you have to switch targets.

I hope cataclysm fixes this at the least, because of course hope they solve it sooner
    Once they get their heads outta their asses, and change their stupid design mentality of trying to keep the mechanics the same between the two different play styles (PvP and PvE), then maybe they could go ahead and start properly balancing the game, rather then the mess of what they have right now.

It would not go ahead and make it feel like we are playing two games, like they suggest it would, and it would allow them to properly address issues on one side of the coin, without having to change the other.

Because I do not know about you guys, but I much rather play something that has a slight different feel in PvE and PvP, and have everything be better balanced then what we have now.

As for my suggested solution, just make AW go ahead and allow special attacks to stack Holy Vengeance. That way you have to wisely choose it in PvP over bubble and such, and in PvE it allows for intro fight fast stacking, and supplemental stacking say if you know a phase change is coming up, or you know it is gonna fall off or something.

I do not think that as the OP said, it should move as we move, but I do think that we should have more consumable spells and options.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature