Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: FPS relations between Daralan/raid/combat

You use Nvidia cards? Nvidia has created a program where you can adjust if you want "performance >< balance >< quality", You should choose performance. If you're running a laptop, you can change some settings so it uses maximum performace by using much energy, rather than using less battery with less performance. And remember PC's get slower and slower by time, so you might also need to reformate your OS etc.

That would be mine tips.

Recount will severely affect your fps in combat. Defrag your harddrive regularly helps out in dal and on first start up (helps in XP, Vista supposedly does this automatically). Questhelper can be a huge drag if you have it hidden and not disabled. Since this is a thread in addons section I would highly recommend addon control panel and minimize the amount of addons you use in raiding on the fly without having to relog. The original poster had less than 2Gb of ram which is probably causing issues. If you have a 2nd harddrive in the computer set your paging file there instead of c:. Lastly, and this is just a basic list of stuff I tell guildies which has helped them, make sure your windows resolution i.e 1440x900, 1024x768 is the same as your game resolution. Running windows at 1680x1080 and wow at lower like 1440x900 will hurt, not improve, you fps. Hope something in here helps. I'm gonna go read that Macro(s) for huge fps thread now.

I have 2 GB Ram but I use Windows XP home. Also I use Addon Control Panel to sort my addons, did alot of testing with it. Only way I use recount now is by disabling combat log, and waiting for some data processed by other ppl in raid
    Also tested without addons, and I can say I "maybe" have 5 fps more. Disabling addons is a simple thing, and many ppl do it forst time when they have problems. Is not big deal to move WTF, Cache, Interface folders to Desktop let's say and try to raid a bit without addons at all. (I usualy test it in farm instances, can't afford to test it in progress ones).

Quote Originally Posted by rNadom
    what's in your comp?? what graphics settings you running?

to Djinni: my CPU is Q6600 and i also have 4gb ram already...
    i know getting a SSD will increase my load times but it cost around $160+tax for a 32gb :s
    also like i mentioned, i did not have the fps drop when ulduar first came out :s

also do you know if my system will running slower in Window 7 or Window XP?
    Wow is not optimized for anything above a 2 core CPU. Running wow on a quadcore machine with out correctly tweaking it can make it run like a turd.

I run a I7 920 myself and only recently found out how to teak the game properly for a quadcore machine.

For your machine I would recommend the setting: SET processAffinityMask "15"
    You can add this to your config.wtf file while outside the game using notepad or wordpad to exit the WTF file then save your changes and boot wow. You should see a massive improvement in frame rate in areas like dalaran.

For other CPU types check this page on wowwiki: http://www.wowwiki.com/CVar_processAffinityMask

Q9550 2.83ghz @ 3.2ghz 24/7
    evga 9800gx2 695-1711-1070
    4gb ddrII/800 5-5-5-15
    everything maxed 1920x1080 windowed
    fps with v-sync everywhere 60
    hawhaw
    U MEAN I CANT KILL ARTHAS AT CHRISMAS DAY AND SAY "MERRY CHRISTMAS FUCKER"?

I am The Alliance - Play Free Online Games
    [img width=450 height=64]http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/wow/7/2/8/8/0/3072880JdYEv.png[/img]