10+ Year Old Account

PRAT aggravation

I've been a long time fan of the chat addon PRAT but it's becoming a bit of a bind as of late. I'll give you the short story of what's going on.

I spent an hour redoing my UI layout for raiding on my shaman and I set it to how I like it for now. I went to open my map and see if Wintergrasp was in our control and when it was to test my raid frames. When I closed the world map, my entire chat window moves itself back to the original Blizzard set location.

I've tested this out for 20 mintues. Logging in and out, zoning to different location and opening a bunch of other windows (character pane, honor pane, guild pane) and the world map feature. The chat window only resets when I use the map. Plus I have not changed any of the settings on PRAT when I did this UI change and I was not having this issue at all before.

Now here's the question: is there a solution to the window resetting like this? I'd like to make sure it stays put where I place it and not have it jump into my unit frames anymore.
    :3

Re: PRAT aggravation

Or you can get Chatter.
    IM TEH RET! er... teh holy... or it was teh prot?!
    This bro told a cool story on 2009-12-03 and proudly took part in the banfest.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

Also, make sure the chat window is locked. Also, what map addon are you using?

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Aquilesmagno
    Or you can get Chatter.
    I tried it for 2 days and I didn't like it so I went back to Prat. That and it's only on one character that I'm experiencing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Taryble
    Also, make sure the chat window is locked. Also, what map addon are you using?
    The chat window is locked everytime. The map addon I'm using is SimpleMinimap.

10+ Year Old Account

After 3 hours of picking everything apart mod by mod, I found my issue with the chat window and it wasn't Prat doing this evil deed. However I don't understand how Titanpanel (of all mods) had an Auto Adjust Log feature enabled that kept moving the chat window back to it's original Blizzard-set location.

Apologies for the silly question now.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

Ohh, Panel addons like TitanPanel and Fubar that auto-adjust frames so they don't overlap their panels/bars. Those auto-adjustments are SOOOO annoying.