10 man ToC Heroic

Hello all,

There are many posts about people struggling with the Northrend Beasts event in heroic ToC. Most of the posts have people saying "L2Tank" or "L2Heal" .... Put that aside please.

I currently am a Frost DK tanking these bosses. It seems like Gormok and his impale just own my face when he has 4 stacked buffs on himself. Our dps isn't a problem, and we usually can make it out of this phase to move on to the worms with 10-15 seconds before we engage them. I would like to know if there is a way i can lighten the load on our healers. I am using cooldowns when needed. I have about 57% avoidance. 43k HP. I even death strike instead of obliterate.

Should i go blood for the extra heals? Should i be asking for a priest cooldown?

Some pointers on how to make this fight easier on our healers would be appreciated.

Re: 10 man ToC Heroic

well your problem lies in the amount of impales your taking, even in 10 man you should be switching every 2 impales to lessen the damage the tanks get.

Our two tanks are a Prot Pally and a Blood DK. It seemed that whenever it was the dk's turn to tank he just was alot squisher then our Pally. Dunno if that's just cause they are squisher cause his gear is compareable, if not better, than our pallies.

Though, when all four adds are off his back, the boss hits like a truck. The two tanks timed it so around that time the Pally would be taunting off the dk, and the pally would bubble the dk to drop all his stacks of the bleed so the healers only have to heal the pally. Then the dk usually has taunt back off the pally and the pally just bubbles off his debuffs to once again give us healers an easier time.

Its cause your a DK

All jokes aside you shouldn't have more than 3 stacks on you at a time. While im not sure how often he puts them on as i never really check, you have to be constantly removing them and staying below 3, if you cant due to an overlap and you have to have 4, make sure you blow CD's at that point. If you run with an OP pally tank then it should go something like - Pally tanks to begining of 4 stacks and bubbles as soon as 4th is applied, you pick it up and tank it to 3, as soon as the 4th is going to be applied he 'bubbles'(not sure of the name, its the one that you take no melee damage) you and he gets it; the pally should tank it till it dies. Also i would go blood for all fights really, dont see many non-blood speced DK tanks anymore.
    Priest - http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&n=Weenalol
    Druid - http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&n=Weenah
    DK - http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Jubei%27Thos&n=Weenalol

For the people responding to him, I think you are misunderstanding what he is talking about.

Gormok gets a buff that increases his damage by +15 percent, stacks up to +60 percent on the 10man if I recall correctly

Either way, we do it with a Warrior/Feral MT/OT.

When impale stacks to 2 on a tank, have the OT taunt, call it out on vent so healers can swap, etc. On the 10man heroic version, 2 stacks is as high as you need to go for impales as they reset before you get a third after you re-taunt.

Also, save your CD's for the 3rd/4th stack of his buff. I dont know the durations on your CD's, but a timed Shield Wall/Last Stand will last for both impales if you use it right before he does it making it easier for the healers to keep you alive. Also, external CD's from other classes can help. PS, Hand of Sac, and so on.

As long as you swap with 2 impales healers should have no issues keeping you alive.

Worms are pretty easy afterwards.

Icehowl is a thousand times easier now that they fixed his charge and added half a second to it.

Thank you for your replies. I will use these tips tonight.

As others have mentioned, your tanks should be taunting off of each other when their impale stack has less than 10 seconds left. This will cause the impale to fall off a moment before a new one is reapplied and should keep you from ever having more than 2 stacks.

Here's the fun part, all of his attacks are basically on a timer. Impale every 10 seconds from the first one. His stun is every 20-23 seconds from the first one. Generally the timers will line up around the 100 second mark so the tank will eat an impale, stun and melee attack in less than 2 seconds which will probably kill them if they don't have CDs ready.

As the impales are like clockwork, use your cooldowns wisely so that they overlap both impale hits in your tank stint, for example as a warrior i use my shield wall about 1 or 2 secs before my first impale so it overlaps the second too. You shouldn't need to use cooldowns on the first 3 tank swaps.

BTW I am from a 10 man only guild and this is the fight we had spent the most on so far (although just got anub left now). We used 3 healers for this, we couldnt really get away with 2 without a pala to help remove the bleed when the magnataur phase ends when the worms come. Heroism is saved to burn down acidmaw before he does his first burrow, grealty simplifying the worm phase.